Please Stop With All The Negativity! You Are Killing This Game!

240 replies to this topic

#41 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance

These are the 5 stages of grief. Currently the community is in stage 2. But the silver lining is that your post might show that we are beggining to enter into stage 3.

#42 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Here from the Ask the Devs26:

Because of all this negativity of you guys, most of the Devs dont even know about the issues of this game, because they dont feel appreciated enough to look in this forums.

If you keep this going, you guys will KILL this game!

So please be nicer and more cooperative when it comes to ECM. Try to understand why the devs think that ECM is so awesome! If you know how to fix the lagshield issues, then dont ***** here in the forums. Instead fill out a job application and fix it yourself as a PGI Dev.

Please dont let this rotten and useless community kill this awesome game!

from ask the devs 26. which was late november. ecm wasn't even around until the early december patch. same with broken phase2 matchmaking. maybe the reason it continues to be so broken is because the devs are off playing hawken or world of tanks and ignoring the obvious

game forums have always been about complaining. but it definitely took a turn for the vitriolic around december. fact is, this community isn't killing the game, pgi is. i watched ea ruin mpbt3025 largely with apathy, yet at least they didn't progressively destroy it patch by patch

#43 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostUrsh, on 15 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

If the mods were cracking down on useless threads, the Dev's Corner section of the forums would be empty. ;)

You have just been sig quoted :lol:

#44 Umbra8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

So let me get this straight. You are asking us to be nicer to the devs (who we have a responsibility to give feedback to, this is a BETA) or they'll, what... take their football and go home?

Someone needs to grow up.

I'm getting the impression you've never worked in the service industry or you wouldn't dare spout the kind of unreflective asshattery you just put in this post. It's their job to develop this game and part of that involves listening to the community and let me be absolutely clear, as someone who has worked retail, the vitriol and abuse they have to suffer here is lightweight. As developers of an ongoing project in flux they have a responsibility to monitor the community, sift through the BS and uniformed invective to find where the real issues lie. Throwing a bunch of fluff their way or holding back when you have a legitimate complaint (yes, those do exist, in this game even) does a disservice to both them and the community. If you're feeling a litte ******** on their behalf then throw them a thank you or tell them about a feature you really like, but do not tell others not to, or how to, voice their concerns.

Edited by Umbra8, 15 January 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#45 Figo

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostMWHawke, on 15 January 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

The reply you quote shows how much they care. Feedback is the community's way of telling them there is a need to fix something. This is the utmost basic rule in Customer Service. So, by that post, you have just proved that PGI does not care about it's customers?

No one carey about his customers , welcome to reality. Priority # 1 Make as much money as possible and those devs done a great job. So stop all this whining and complaining no one forced you to play this game . If you dont like it dont play it . I bet youre using ecm and spider and exploiting everything you can and at the same time bitching and whining like a little fallen down cry baby !

#46 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I was nice the first 4 months. Now I'm not being nice because they didn't listen or even comment on my suggestions.

#47 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostUmbra8, on 15 January 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

So let me get this straight. You are asking us to be nicer to the devs (who we have a responsibility to give feedback too, this is a BETA) or they'll, what... take their football and go home?

Someone needs to grow up.

I'm getting the impression you've never worked in the service industry or you wouldn't dare spout the kind of unreflective asshattery you just put in this post. It's their job to develop this game and part of that involves listening to the community and let me be absolutely clear, as someone who has worked retail, the vitriol and abuse they have to suffer here is lightweight. As developers of an ongoing project in flux they have a responsibility to monitor the community, sift through the BS and uniformed invective to find where the real issues lie. Throwing a bunch of fluff their way or holding back when you have a legitimate complaint (yes, those do exist, in this game even) does a disservice to both them and the community. If you're feeling a litte ******** on their behalf then throw them a thank you or tell them about a feature you really like, but do not tell others not to, or how to, voice their concerns.

This guy hit the nail on the head. They get paid to provide a service to us gamers. If a limo driver put on whatever radio station he wanted, instead of the one his passengers wanted, then no one would say they have no right to complain. Why is it any different here?

#48 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Devs should be reading the forums. ;)

#49 Taurick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 216 posts
  • Location'straya

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postngl, on 15 January 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

But we are still in a beta. Sometimes its hit and miss. The game is still a blast to play. Maybe we could concentrate more on that, than all the issues of this game.

Maybe its time to start some praise. We all are playing right? So the game has to be very good! How about we share that with the Devs?

Dont buy the spider then. And dont take any ECM with you. I dont have any issues with the game. Just with the community. I

This game is about teamplay. ECM is a great tool to inforce teamplay! Its so sad that some of you guys cant see that!

This is a team game. This wont happen. Im sorry to have to say this but please L2P!

DEV troll-alt detected

ECM is ******* stupid, it's sad that you can't see that

#50 lxnoid

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostTaurich, on 15 January 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

DEV troll-alt detected

ECM is ******* stupid, it's sad that you can't see that

I see you never played the tabletop and are far away from being a true mechwarrior. ECM is a basic and must-have in the game in general.

#51 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Constructive criticism is welcome. Flaming, and bashing people (including the devs) is not.

Just a reminder to post within the code of conduct.

Thank you all.
-Dak

#52 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postlxnoid, on 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I see you never played the tabletop and are far away from being a true mechwarrior. ECM is a basic and must-have in the game in general.

The current implementation of ECM is no where close to table top. That is a bad argument. Stop using bad arguments, to defend bad decisions. 7 posts, guy just started playing and has no idea how ECM broke the game.

Edited by UraniumOverdose, 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#53 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

TT also had jump jets that could jump Mech's for 600 meters. What's your point?

#54 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

haha "a true mechwarrior". No such thing, guy.

#55 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

View PostRaalic, on 15 January 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Devs should be reading the forums. ;)

No they shouldn't.

They will analyze the patch feedback given in the proper patch feedback section.

#56 Figo

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Haha the devs doing the same thing as i do ... laughing about all you dumbsters and i like them for it ;)

#57 Alaric the Arcane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostDakkath, on 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Constructive criticism is welcome. Flaming, and bashing people (including the devs) is not.

Just a reminder to post within the code of conduct.

Thank you all.
-Dak

Why hasn't this thread been moved to Off Topic yet? It fits all of your criteria for an OT thread.

#58 Kadin Shino

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSan Jose CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

its sad to see how many people fail to realize that this is beta. and it was nice that PGI went forward to make it a public beta. probably so we wouldn't end up killing the same people over and over. that and to be honest with some of the elite players that complain its sad to.

*To the people that complain*. Stop bitching about a poor product. unless you have personally been in game development for a AAA title that has been published, you have no value as a beta tester when you complain. stop making posts *This game is broke, this game sucks, blablablablablabla* i can see how ngl points out something very important that Devs will probably skip over what you say. Also seriously it sounds like some of you, this is the only game you have ever played. have any of you played EAs War fighter? or the re-release of Medal of Honer? how about Diablo 3 and how much of a disappointment that was. Every game will have some type of faults. Lets at least let this game become finished before we tear it apart. ITS A GOOD PRODUCT SO FAR

To those who are having fun and enjoying the BETA. Please let your voice be heard! we don't need to praise everything the team is doing. But adding some good feedback every once in awhile will help the team feel good about themselves and recharge to make even better improvements!

I was in game development for quite a few games. Some iOS releases and one Vita release. let me say that when you constantly get negative feedback it kinda just makes you want to give up and stop. you have to remember there are people behind seeing making massive code changes, fixing models, doing all sorts of things to make the game better.

This game will get better if we as a community let it. If we let the voices of the people complain over rule the people that actually have a good time, this game will probably end up not being that great.

See you guys on the battle field! Lets roll!

~Kadin

#59 Anton Shadd

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBerlin

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 15 January 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Are you dense? If I am in a heavy, and some troll on the other team is running Raven 3l. Then the lagshield affects me. I get to watch this skill less pilot just run in straight lines untouched. ECM is OP right now because the only thing that stops the lagshield is streaks. Since nearly everyone who runs lights, runs an ECM capable light then there is no defense except shooting blindly at ghosts.

Lights take some time to kill you in a heavy use this time to learn how far you have to pre-aim with lasers or whatever weapons you like to use. I for my part can't complain about the performance of srms against lights.

And one other point the guys bring in one mech at a time so dont complain about OP-stuff unless we have a complete canon of mechs and the balancing is way off, then complain if you have to...forget that.. dont complain at all just give some positive criticism and wait for the devs to fix it.

Thanks to all the guys out there showing good sportsmanship, all the teamplayers and of course all the devs.

(I'm PUG through and through btw)

Edited by Anton Shadd, 15 January 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#60 Countach

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 23 posts

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 15 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Apparently according to some, when you make a game you are exempt from criticism. If I order a meal from wendy's and they say it will be a 5 minute wait to cook the fries, that's fine it happens. When that 5 minute wait turns in to 10 minutes because they forgot about you, that's not fine. Same deal here. Game has problems? That's fine, it happens. The problem being ignored for months on end, while attacking the customer base for complaining about it. NOT FINE.

Using your same Wendy's example, this is how the community is currently:

Order meal Burger, fries & Drink, told 5 min wait

Minute 1: Complain loudly about how rubbish the people preparing the food are, that they have nothing to show for it and that they are going to destroy your meal

Minute 2: Complain about the lack of food you will be receiving compared to the price you paid, that Jack-in-the-Box provides a better product in x and y ways.

Minute 3: Complain about the lack of feedback from the cooks on the progress of your order, complain that all the people serving the counters should have been back there helping the cooks prepare your meal instead of forcing you to wait for it.

Minute 4: Complain that the sauce to meat to bun balance is off, that they've wrecked your burger and that you will demand a refund if it doesn't meet your expectations. Continue to complain loudly that you should have had your meal already and that the delays are only because of the incompetence of the staff.

Minute 5: Be told that it will be another 5 minute wait to get everything together.
Minute 5.01: Become outraged, yell loud enough that the whole store and neighbours can hear just how incensed you are. Demand a refund, but also demand the food be given to you aswell, scream that you will never be back to another Wendy's store ever again (but secretly will visit it again a couple hours later and repeat the process again).

Minutes 6-10: Continue complaining about everything under the sun.

Minute 10: Receive meal, complain even more loudly about how it's not as good as Jack-in-the-box does it, complain that the size of the burger is not proportional to the amount of chips (again), complain that the drink should be 13% larger, the chips 10% smaller and the burger 18% meatier, complain that the cooks have destroyed your meal, you can't even eat it at all (but still eat it as soon as they can't see) and that it's not the same as the Wendy's you remember from 15 years ago, provide loud condescending feedback about how it SHOULD be done and how other franchises have done a better job.

Now, in my above example, the actual meal could be the tastiest thing they have ever prepared, but various aspects (presentation, sizing, amount of each ingredient added) could not be to that customers tastes. This is the same as MWO, some aspects are fantastic and the devs are doing a great job on, others need enhancement, but nothing is "wrong" with the game that is not already being worked on and all the misplaced anger in the community is drowning out those who want to steer the game in a positive way, promoting the good and promising things about it and having their feedback addressed for the areas that need work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users