Please Stop With All The Negativity! You Are Killing This Game!

240 replies to this topic

#141 Pok Gai

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

PGI and fanboys seek to blame others for their shortcomings and failures in game development. As always, it's someone elses fault.

Guess what, you made a crap WoT styled overpriced game, leave persistent problems unfixed for over 6 months, put your finger up at the community that donated 5 million in good faith to your project; ignoring those that have fed you is a insult and a reflection of character.

History will judge you harshly PGI, and thank goodness this is here for all to see, I will be forwarding a saved copy of these discussions to every gaming site for discusssion, if they're reviewers haven't seen your lame *** escuses today already.

#142 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

The actual game state is rather irrelevant to this thread.

A lot of the feedback on the forums is vitriolic and unconstructive and most threads are derailed by tangental arguments. Forming any sort of reasonable community when its open to such a broad range and age of gamers is going to be next to impossible at this time.

#143 Mikhalio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

View PostLivewyr, on 15 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Big difference, you bought a product in development...

It has not been stated as final, it has been repeatedly stated as "subject to change"
Are you that asshat customer who can't read?

If it's a product in development, you bought it knowing full well it was "working as intended". If the product sucks, or fails to deliver after a certain amount of development time they forecast, then you have a good right to ***** about it.

If you buy a car, and the car you know has problems. But you are just DYING to get it, and it breaks, whelp; your fault for buying it, all the reviews said it was bad, but you still have a right to tell others about why you regret your car purchase.

Make sense ?

It gets worse beyond the video game world; be glad PGI has not enjoyed a visit from some of the more viscous game commentators yet.

#144 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Positive Motivation Doesn't help people solve Complex problems.

#145 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 15 January 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Selling a product "in development" with so many core issues, and then ignoring those core issues, is a bad sales technique no matter how much you would like to bear their children.

You have issues with Object permanence don't you? If you don't see it actively being done in front of you, in one week, it's not being done...

ECM hasn't been fixed. They've tried to keep ECM as it is, and provide workaround modules and other garbage. They are trying to keep ECM as it is instead of reverting the change they made. Think about that for a moment.

"Fixing" ECM is a matter of opinion, not a matter of material malfunction.. (I point out the various different "fixes" people suggest.)

it's like the person on the stock floor who doesn't sell a stock that's doing poorly to avoid a loss. It seems logical, but it's really the worst option you can do.

View PostBerryChunks, on 15 January 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Positive Motivation Doesn't help people solve Complex problems.

Hurling unsubstantiated accusations and insults doesn't do much either.. (it rather makes people lose patience and not want to listen to you..)

#146 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

View PostJason1138, on 15 January 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

a man rapes your wife and burns your house down. you say "hey man, you ***** my wife and burned my house down!". OP says "come on guys, quit with all the negativity"

PGI refuses to communicate with the customers, refuses to prioritize anything over swag for real dollars, and presents the same broken game for your enjoyment week after week. if we just call it what it is, that doesn't mean we're being negative

thats a terrible analogy. hilarious, but not on the mark.

#147 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

now they are removing threads. PGI disgusts me

#148 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

The state of the ECM wouldn't be that bad if not for the TOTAL LACK OF COMMUNICATION from the devs.

It's the 'hot potato' of this game right, they cannot just stuff it under the couch and expect us to cool down.

We, as playewrs, don't like how the ECM works right now. If the devs won't shed some light to their future plans how they are going to address this problem, players are going to be frustrated and leave.

#149 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostTennex, on 15 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

now they are removing threads. PGI disgusts me

Do you leave garbage on your lawn?

#150 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

You know, if I recall, a review that PC Gamer gave on this game, their exact words were: "A thinking mans' shooter"

What does that mean you ask? It means you can not expect to go into a match with your buddies or solo drop and not stick with your buddies or temmates, not have a plan of action, and EXPECT to do well.

You need to think harder and smarter.

If you want a game that does not make you think, then go back to your damn Call of Duty franchise and scream at little kids all day long for camping for all I care.

As someone already said, THINK when someone has ECM. If you get a low signal early on in a match, it is most likely a light with ECM, aka a Raven, Commando or even a Fast Medium Cicada.

If you want to use LRM's but are annoyed with ECM, then bring a TAG. It weight ONE ton, creates ZERO heat and is an ECM C-C-C-Combobreaker. If anything TAG is OP because it can bypass ALL effects of ECM.

Lastly, think with your head not your emotions and maybe, just maybe you might actually have a good match.

So c'mon guys, use what is given to you. Use that OP TAG! It freaking bypasses ECM! Who would have thought? xD

#151 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostLes Grossman, on 15 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Just wanted to say as a guy who was in closed beta, and even worked with a QA team, PGI is not dedicated to doing anything other then spinning their lies, and damage control on their epic fails. I thank the netgods I got my money back! As was said over and over again in the previous forums, this is a Titanic that has hit an iceberg, they are just holding out to suck up a little more MC/CASH from the noobs and the blind fans.

Although it does give me fuzzy warmies to see NONE of the original folks even posting in the forums anymore, even precursor white knights have fled, lol. You just can't play a broken game day after day, month after month...the netcode/lagshield/rubbing banding has existed since they upgraded (LOL upgraded) cry-engine. It's frakking tragic folks, and I remember when they promised metagame before the end of 2012...that is how long I been here...keep up the good work guys!

Why do you bother to stick around?

I have been around. I don't post. I PLAY.

Many others are doing so right this very second.

Bless you for getting your money back. My investment has been pretty worthwhile.

#152 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 15 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hurling unsubstantiated accusations and insults doesn't do much either.. (it rather makes people lose patience and not want to listen to you..)

View PostLivewyr, on 15 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I couldn't care less if you are finally explicitly saying you wont listen. you weren't listening already. Your snarky comments aside, the real object permanence is the permanence of ECM and netcode faults, instead adding fluff like spider mechs before fixing core issues..

ECM was a severe problem when it was introduced. They could've TURNED IT OFF, and created a solution for it. Not destroyed the work, not destroyed the functions, just DISABLE IT, until a good solution comes up. Instead they have tried as hard as possible to keep their "investment" in the game, just like that stock broker I mentioned, and tried CBill intensive workarounds.

We know ECM has specific flaws.
Their workarounds do not address these flaws.
We know netcode and hit detection exacerbate ECM flaws.
They have not solved netcode, nor have they toned down or temporarily disabled ECM.

Try this problem with your brain instead of your balls.

#153 Mikhalio

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 15 January 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

thats a terrible analogy. hilarious, but not on the mark.

Actually that is a direct quote from Gabe Newell who stated it along the lines after the debacle of the Half Life 2 leak. Gabe subsequently realized his game had serious flaws and fixed it. Gabe is now a billionare who collects rare knives and sometimes regales Goons with funny tales of the industry, when not watching his Steam service innovate the industry.

In short, criticism is good; to have brutal critics means you are doing something right, because you are getting serious attention.

#154 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostMikhalio, on 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

Actually that is a direct quote from Gabe Newell who stated it along the lines after the debacle of the Half Life 2 leak. Gabe subsequently realized his game had serious flaws and fixed it. Gabe is now a billionare who collects rare knives and sometimes regales Goons with funny tales of the industry, when not watching his Steam service innovate the industry.

In short, criticism is good; to have brutal critics means you are doing something right, because you are getting serious attention.

Reminds me of that quote about a great man criticizing you, because it shows their serious interest in you. I think it was Nietzsche that wrote that little tidbit? Only problem is there's criticism and unfruitful insulting and hate mongering.

#155 Savroix

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 15 January 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

I have been around. I don't post. I PLAY.

Lies...

#156 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

More to the point, the Way they designed to "FIX" ECM for players was a CBill fix. That means players have to have the Cbill money, so only Founders or people who finally decide to pony up cash will be able to get the "fix for ECM" immediately.

So, in essence, only paying customers and long time players deserve not to have ECM **** on their gameplay.

More alienation for new players.

This is too much of an "FU" move from them to have been purposely done. But it does show extremely poor decision making skills.

#157 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

I couldn't care less if you are finally explicitly saying you wont listen. you weren't listening already. Your snarky comments aside, the real object permanence is the permanence of ECM and netcode faults, instead adding fluff like spider mechs before fixing core issues..

Have you heard? Sometime since the invention of computer/programming they divided up tasks of programmers into teams, 1 team does one thing based on their specialties, and another does another thing appropriate to their specialties.. Think on that with your brain a moment.

ECM was a severe problem when it was introduced. They could've TURNED IT OFF, and created a solution for it. Not destroyed the work, not destroyed the functions, just DISABLE IT, until a good solution comes up. Instead they have tried as hard as possible to keep their "investment" in the game, just like that stock broker I mentioned, and tried CBill intensive workarounds.

ECM was a huge problem because people couldn't cope with the change to their play style.. were you in Beta when they up'd the range of missile from 640 to 1000? It was the end of the world, broken, and needed fixed.. They never really fixed the "problem" they just gave every mech AMS and never switched the missiles back to 640.. I wonder why..

We know ECM has specific flaws. (Like: ?)
Their workarounds do not address these flaws. (Like: ?)
We know netcode and hit detection exacerbate ECM flaws. (Like: ?) Netcode is being worked on, they've said that..
They have not solved netcode, nor have they toned down or temporarily disabled ECM. I have bad news for you, they never put missiles back at 640meter range... get out while you can...

Try this problem with your brain instead of your balls. Give that a shot...

#158 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

This in my opinion deserves a second post to help me explain further. When I say what PC Gamer said about it being a thinking man' shooter, I mean think about the mechwarriors in the battletech universe.

Do you think they Base rushed or lone wolved, or screwed around, or bitched over their com system or ignored orders and won the battle they won? HELL NO.

They had a plan of action and stuck with it.

If you are sadly solo dropping with pugs, stick with the largest group of pugs but no so close to the point you get splash damage from lrm's meant for another teammate, but stick with em, and focus your fire on whatever mech your teammate is shooting.

Two mechs versus 1 mech will usually end better for the two working together.

Why do you think the British SAS run in 4 man groups? Because it is PROVEN to be effective.

So c'mon guys, just try and think a bit more, and if you can not, then maybe MW: O is not for you....

Whatever your decision is, I wish you all luck on your endeavors.

#159 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostBerryChunks, on 15 January 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

More to the point, the Way they designed to "FIX" ECM for players was a CBill fix. That means players have to have the Cbill money, so only Founders or people who finally decide to pony up cash will be able to get the "fix for ECM" immediately.

What is this fix?

#160 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• 1,000 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostIV Amen, on 15 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

What is this fix?

buying and upgrading modules and other business to get "lockon range increase" and such. They put it in the patch notes, and even said it was to "help with ECM".

I think there's another module to prevent "lock-on decay" longer when you lose LoS.

http://mwomercs.com/...12177-01152013/

We have added a few new Modules to boost your Target information that I am sure will be popular, Target Decay Rank 1 and 2, as well as Sensor Range Rank 2. A must for those LRM boats still feeling the pain from ECM.

- New Pilot Module: Target Decay. Target Decay increases the time it takes to lose a target once line of sight is lost. Default time is 2 seconds.
- Rank 1: Increases target decay time to 2.75 seconds. Costs 5000 XP.
- Rank 2: Increases target decay time to 3.5 seconds. Costs 7500 XP.
- Adding a new rank to the Sensor Range Pilot Module
- Rank 2: Increases the boost to sensor range from 15% to 25%. Costs 7500 XP.

Essentially, you want GXP to buy this stuff. You can "Shard" real money to get GXP, especially if you have tons of leftover on a mech that you use a lot.

Then you must pay 6 million Cbills to buy it.

I take it for what it is: An option for the established players or the founders and other payers to instantly get their hands on a variation of "ECM fix", while ECM is still just as powerful as ever with regard to anyone else.

Very poor planning.

If I REALLY wanted to.. I could spend 15 dollars to get all the XP stuck on one of my mechs freed up to GXP, and unlock 3 modules with it. Then I could buy hero mechs for MC and shard their level 2 gear for Cbills and get that module asap.

Or I could use MC to buy mechs straight out, preserving my Cbill income for the modules.

ETc.

Edited by BerryChunks, 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users