46 replies to this topic

#1 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

... that no one else here noticed and is excited about this?

Users that disconnect and die afterwards will now get a death counted towards their stats.

Take that Alt-F4ers!

It's pretty obvious they saw our concerns here, and did something about them. Yeah it may accidentally get a few players who are disconnecting honestly... but it's e-peen, no one cares.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

But if I'm blind... How did I read this??? ;)

#3 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

View Postthemoob, on 15 January 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Take that Alt-F4ers!
It's pretty obvious they saw our concerns here, and did something about them. Yeah it may accidentally get a few players who are disconnecting honestly... but it's e-peen, no one cares.

I kinda put alt-F4ers and people who rage about alt-F4ers in the same boat. Just different side of the same coin.

#4 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

If I was going to make a list of things I want to see fixed or changed in MWO and order by priority... this one would have ranked about 1,243,122,231th. That it made the cut over all the things that weren't fixed is a negative about developer priorities in my book.

But im glad you appreciate the change, at least a few people are happy since this patch landed ( not saying that sarcastically either ). Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

#5 Ranzear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

You still lose out on a kill.

#6 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostRanzear, on 15 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

You still lose out on a kill.

THE HORROR

I'm filing a law suit. My E-Peen cannot be denied in this way, it is causing me untold emotional distress.

#7 Particle Man

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,029 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostSerapth, on 15 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

If I was going to make a list of things I want to see fixed or changed in MWO and order by priority... this one would have ranked about 1,243,122,231th. That it made the cut over all the things that weren't fixed is a negative about developer priorities in my book.

you think that's how it works? They just look through the bugs list and decide which one they want to fix first?

#8 SmackZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 303 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostSerapth, on 15 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

But im glad you appreciate the change, at least a few people are happy since this patch landed ( not saying that sarcastically either ). Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

Exactally, I agree I think they are starting to not give a ratts *** bout what we think especially when most of em are not even reading the forums by their own admissions anymore which mean they are just turning to wallet mode which also means salesman mode (tell you anything you want to hear as long as it seperates you from your money) Who knows, it is possible someone will have the cahones to put out MechWarrior5 in the late 21first century. ;)

#9 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,619 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostScreech, on 15 January 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I kinda put alt-F4ers and people who rage about alt-F4ers in the same boat. Just different side of the same coin.

I kinda put Wall Street embezzlers and people who rage about Wall Street embezzlers in the same boat. Just different sides of the same coin.

Edited by Void Angel, 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#10 Mxxpower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMINNESOTA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Take that Alt-F4ers!

You must run nothing but pre-mades, and losing out on a kill to someone in a pug that wouldn't play with you, hurt your e-peen.

This is one of those things that shouldn't have even made the patch notes... But I bet the gradeschool programmer they have was real proud of his 2 weeks worth of work.

#11 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 15 January 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

THE HORROR

I'm filing a law suit. My E-Peen cannot be denied in this way, it is causing me untold emotional distress.

It's a poor solution to people Alt-F4ing. I only started doing it because the game turned to crap with premades, ECM heavy teams, etc. I never did it because of my K/D... only out of frustration... until I just... stopped playing.

The current solution hurts people that legitimately disconnect... I've had 5 kills and had the game CTD on me... even SWTOR and STO never did that to me... and we all know how technically challenged those games were.

A better solution would have been to implement server browsers so that DCing doesn't penalize the entire team and remove the K/D stat from the profile. There's no point to it as K/D shouldn't even be judged. Instead there should be a damage done and damage received stat.

Edited by xRaeder, 15 January 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#12 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

yes, the one good thing they did this patch. unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things, a relatively lower priority thing that should have been set months ago (i remember saying this should be the case back in closed beta; it only took them what, 3months?)

#13 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Take that Alt-F4ers!

I appreciate this, actually. As it's pretty lame. We war, we die.

:\

View Postp00k, on 15 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

yes, the one good thing they did this patch. unfortunately, in the grand scheme of things, a relatively lower priority thing that should have been set months ago (i remember saying this should be the case back in closed beta; it only took them what, 3months?)

I'm very glad you did say it back then though. And you are right. Your ideas should be the ones that go into play. Should.

#14 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostxRaeder, on 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

It's a poor solution to people Alt-F4ing. I only started doing it because the game turned to crap with premades, ECM heavy teams, etc. I never did it because of my K/D... only out of frustration... until I just... stopped playing.

The current solution hurts people that legitimately disconnect... I've had 5 kills and had the game CTD on me... even SWTOR and STO never did that to me... and we all know how technically challenged those games were.

A better solution would have been to implement server browsers so that DCing doesn't penalize the entire team and remove the K/D stat from the profile. There's no point to it as K/D shouldn't even be judged. Instead there should be a damage done and damage received stat.

All you guys with your should's.

Btw, I don't know how technically challenged whatever those acronyms you spouted were.

You Alt-F4 because you had a hard time adjusting to the game and then you stopped playing? Sounds unfortunate. Very unfortunate.

#15 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostMxxpower, on 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

You must run nothing but pre-mades, and losing out on a kill to someone in a pug that wouldn't play with you, hurt your e-peen.

This is one of those things that shouldn't have even made the patch notes... But I bet the gradeschool programmer they have was real proud of his 2 weeks worth of work.

You mean two minutes...

#16 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostMxxpower, on 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Sir,

I do not understand why you choose to be a nasty curmudgeon. However, disrespecting someone and their profession is just obscenely tacky. Obscenely. Disrespectful and tacky.

And as for the rest...

Does it make you feel a bit better insulting a professional? Just curious.

#17 Mxxpower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMINNESOTA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 15 January 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

All you guys with your should's.

Btw, I don't know how technically challenged whatever those acronyms you spouted were.

You Alt-F4 because you had a hard time adjusting to the game and then you stopped playing? Sounds unfortunate. Very unfortunate.

You mean log into TS and get in a 4 man every time you play... right?
You mean buy an ECM whatever mech and run it every time you play right?

Mhmm

Winning....

#18 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,619 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Is it ironic, given the title, that this thread has turned into a bunch of people (some of whom, according to their signatures, do not actually play) badmouthing the devs for not magically fixing technical issues about which the posters have no direct information? /shutupscrubs /unfollow

#19 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostxRaeder, on 15 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

no it doesn't. you must not ever have had a friend on TS. when you legitimately disconnect, the game still thinks you're connected, so when someone finally does kill you, you get a death anyway. the patch didn't change that. legit dc's always got a death, because the server never realized legitimate dc's were dc's. your shell just kept walking in a circle or straight line until someone killed you, you went OOB, or the match ended.

#20 Mxxpower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMINNESOTA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Sir,

I do not understand why you choose to be a nasty curmudgeon. However, disrespecting someone and their profession is just obscenely tacky. Obscenely. Disrespectful and tacky.

And as for the rest...

Does it make you feel a bit better insulting a professional? Just curious.

Professional?

It's insulting to have fixes highlighted in sparce patch notes that no one but the e-peeners cared about...while real problems are not mentioned.

It is sort of like telling us they fixed a typo in the mechlab since the last patch.

as someone else said, Alt F4 fix is number 1,230,324,334 on a list of things to do.

No, the quality of work has definatly gone south since closed beta, and it feels like another "maintenence" DEV team has taken the reigns from the ones who started it.

Anyone else remember weekly patches? Hotfixes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users