In Preparation Of News To Hit.

128 replies to this topic

#121 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 16 January 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

It is not condescending to point out another failings.

:)

Shall I? Oh yes why not!

Thing is when I say "I mentioned this on the mwll boards many moons ago", this assumes and presupposes that I know "how it works" becasue I was able to predict it. Therefore, it is a failing, on your behalf, to chastise me for not "knowing how it works". My agreeing or not, personally, with whatever system is independent of my ability to understand it and know it.

*rolls his eyes in a condescending manner*

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 16 January 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#122 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

The thing that gets me is the fact that Jordan is doing the same thing that ultimately happened to him back in the day. Its a strong arming , I just dont get it

#123 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostLordRush, on 16 January 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

The thing that gets me is the fact that Jordan is doing the same thing that ultimately happened to him back in the day. Its a strong arming , I just dont get it

Money, my boy.

#124 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 16 January 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I fail to see what my intelligence level has to do with this particular discussion on grognards and their inability to remove themselves emotionally from situations on the internet.

Probably because you had to start your sentence out with "I fail". How are you reading emotion into text anyways? Are you sure it's not simply a reflection of your own emotion?

#125 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

After people came on this forum to tell the audience that MWLL was oh-so-much superior to MWO and that true BT-Fans should play MWLL instead of MWO, it was only a matter of time.

#126 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

It was a mod. There's always a chance that the right holders will swoop down and give you that death-dealing blow. It should be in the back of the minds of the modders and the people that ultimately play the fruits of their labor. It sucks but oh well you'll get over it.

#127 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

View Postsaber15, on 16 January 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

You're perfectly OK with a million-dollar company killing off a game (which isn't even a source of competition - MWLL had like 150 players on at once at the height of its popularity).

Pretty much this, MWLL was never a "market" competitor by any stretch of the imagination.

Honestly, IGP/PGI/Smith & Tinker has known of MWLL BEFORE they even came into being. If it was their intention of shut down MWLL, I question the timing more than anything. I won't argue it's completely in their rights as paid rights holder to C&D non commerical rights holders but if it is their intent to "protect their IP licence" why did it take so long for the C&D to come out? It's not like the MWLL has teams of lawyers to haggle with.

It's been more than a year since IGP/PGI announced their game. I can't imagine that it would take that long for lawyers to say "yep pull the plug on all non commercial licenses".

#128 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostSilent, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

It was a mod. There's always a chance that the right holders will swoop down and give you that death-dealing blow. It should be in the back of the minds of the modders and the people that ultimately play the fruits of their labor. It sucks but oh well you'll get over it.

You're missing the point Silent. These guys hate IGP/PGI and there has been INJUSTICE on the INTERNET.

Which of course means it's time to get all indignant about it and pretend like you care.

#129 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hey Everyone,

I know you haven't seen much of me lately, was pretty busy with the holiday season and a new baby in the family. I hope you will see more of me on the forums and in game soon.

Here is what I know.

Did we send a cease and desist letter? no we did not.

At GDC 2012 I met with the mod leadership which of course happens to work at Crytek so we see each other pretty much every trade show, great guy. At this GDC in casual unscripted conversation I asked him "why are we splitting the community at this point?" We both realized that the MWLL community was small and it really wasn't competing with MWO but still each time a feature was added to MWLL that was in MWO it felt as though we were doubling up effort to restore this great brand.

I expressed that we were not trying to shut anyone down but asked him how we might meld the two communities better and even look to possibly hire on any great talent what was in that project. ( Hey MWLL guys send in those resumes ) For a long time the IP was in the wind and MWLL is one of those games that really kept MW on peoples minds so the project and the individuals have our utmost respect.

We discussed this topic for a little while but again it was friendly and there was no threats of shutting the mod down just more of a sense of "Why are we doubling up efforts here?". After the show he contacted me expressing that they really wanted to finish what they started with MWLL and had a set of features that they would like to get done and asked if that was okay with PGI. They presented a very professional plan on the remaining work they wanted to complete and stated after that it would be time to stop production on MWLL. I thanked them for the plan and said that it all sounded great.

Now today's news comes and I can only assume that this last patch represents the final features from that presentation they gave me. I will reach out to my MWLL contact and confirm that this is true and have a conversation, if there are any updates we will let you know.

Again there was no combative relationship between MWO and MWLL, nor was there a cease and desist letter given.

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users