Founder's Mech Bonus

51 replies to this topic

#1 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

How much is the founder's mech bonus supposed to be? Seems like not a huge amount sometimes. How is it calculated?

#2 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostDeath Mallet, on 16 January 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

How much is the founder's mech bonus supposed to be? Seems like not a huge amount sometimes. How is it calculated?

Isn't it 20% of the total?

EDIT: I never actually calculated it myself but I do remember it was 20% on Founder's mechs not 30% like the Pay-to-Wieerrr Hero Mechs.

Edited by Protoculture, 16 January 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#3 MrTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Yeah 20%, hero mechs are better for there bonuses. I love my CTF-IM, make a mint with it :)

#4 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

25% Life-time C-Bill bonus when using a founders mech. This stacks with 50% C-Bill bonus for premium account.

So if you earn 100,000 C-Bills in a match you get 125,000 C-Bills (100,000 + (100,000 x .25)) if you are in a founders mech.
If you are in a founders mech and have a premium account active you get 175,000 C-Bills (100,000 + (100,000 x .25) + (100,000 x .50)).

#5 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Side issue... I always felt a little shafted that the Hero mechs have better bonuses than the founders...

Thought we were getting something special by buying in early...

#6 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 16 January 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

25% Life-time C-Bill bonus when using a founders mech. This stacks with 50% C-Bill bonus for premium account.

So if you earn 100,000 C-Bills in a match you get 125,000 C-Bills (100,000 + (100,000 x .25)) if you are in a founders mech.
If you are in a founders mech and have a premium account active you get 175,000 C-Bills (100,000 + (100,000 x .25) + (100,000 x .50)).

Hmm... I don't usually make anywhere near that most of the time and I have all founder mechs and premium time running. Then again I only PUG solo in a Gimpssault mech.

#7 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostJasen, on 16 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Side issue... I always felt a little shafted that the Hero mechs have better bonuses than the founders...

Yea, you got 1-4 free mechs without paying MC for them + the 20K MC on top of that (10K MC for the other package).

#8 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostNgamok, on 16 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Yea, you got 1-4 free mechs without paying MC for them + the 20K MC on top of that (10K MC for the other package).

NEWS FLASH: Mechs aren't free when you pay $120 for them. That is $10 each assuming you believe PGI's $80 value on the 20k MC (the ratio for which they changed in their favor during closed beta and is actually 'worth' less than that).

#9 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostJasen, on 16 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Think about the poor ******** who have a elite founder and had to pick one mech (and not have access to all 4). Somewhere out there there is a player who pikced a hunchback (or Jenner), and may never get to see a C-Bill bonus.

#10 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Think about the poor ******** who have a elite founder and had to pick one mech (and not have access to all 4). Somewhere out there there is a player who pikced a hunchback (or Jenner), and may never get to see a C-Bill bonus.

I never get to see the CBill bonus and I have all four.

#11 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

The Hunchback 4G properly kitted is awesome. I usually do 600+ damage and a ton of kills with it if you know what you are doing.

I agree though on the Jenner... w/ ECM it doesn't make sense to pilot a Jenner, what with the way JJs are right now.

#12 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostWizard Steve, on 16 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I never get to see the CBill bonus and I have all four.

Rave 3L + ECM, amirite? ;D

#13 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostProtoculture, on 16 January 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Rave 3L + ECM, amirite? ;D

AS7-D-DC at the moment but yes, I've done the RVN-3L thing.

My go-to mechs however are still my Centurions <3

#14 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostNgamok, on 16 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

This ignorance is too much.

I promise you, when they were pimping the founders packages, nowhere in that list did it say: And right after we rush to open beta we're going to release mechs that have BETTER bonuses!

I'd really like to see a dev response to why all the new hero mechs have to have better bonuses than the (pretty much all fail) founders...

Since open beta: Never played the atals, never played the hunchback. Used to play the jenner until 3L rapes it 99 out of 100 times... and the cat... well, I guess the cat is somewhat formidable.

Edited by Jasen, 16 January 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#15 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostProtoculture, on 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

NEWS FLASH: Mechs aren't free when you pay $120 for them. That is $10 each assuming you believe PGI's $80 value on the 20k MC (the ratio for which they changed in their favor during closed beta and is actually 'worth' less than that).

And the months of premium time. But your right. It did cost something but I feel the package value is much better than just buying a hero mech with a straight up MC cost. So depending on how much two months of premium time is.

#16 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostNgamok, on 16 January 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

And the months of premium time. But your right. It did cost something but I feel the package value is much better than just buying a hero mech with a straight up MC cost. So depending on how much two months of premium time is.

And its perfectly legitimate for you to have your opinions and feelings.

However, _I_ feel like PGI did the ole' bait and switch on me. I'm not bitching, but I also am not buying a single thing from PGI until it is made right.

Principles.

#17 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostJasen, on 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

I promise you, when they were pimping the founders packages, nowhere in that list did it say: And right after we rush to open beta we're going to release mechs that have BETTER bonuses!

I'd really like to see a dev response to why all the new hero mechs have to have better bonuses than the (pretty much all fail) founders...

Since open beta: Never played the atals, never played the hunchback. Used to play the jenner until 3L rapes it 99 out of 100 times... and the cat... well, I guess the cat is somewhat formidable.

I'm surprised you're really upset about a 5% difference or feel you got shafted in some way about it.

I mastered my Jenners before ECM came out thank God, haven't played my Jenner in a long time.

Never liked the hunch so got his basics and don't touch him anymore.

My CPLT is still deadly and the C1 is my favorite chassis still for the CPLT.

The AS7-D is still very viable even in the land of ECM, and I play it when I want to farm cbills.

If you are having problems try this build

4 MLAS
2 UAC
2 SRM6

Go ahead and upgrade to DHS if you can afford it to pack in more ammo.

#18 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostFrDrake, on 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'm surprised you're really upset about a 5% difference or feel you got shafted in some way about it.

I mastered my Jenners before ECM came out thank God, haven't played my Jenner in a long time.

Never liked the hunch so got his basics and don't touch him anymore.

My CPLT is still deadly and the C1 is my favorite chassis still for the CPLT.

The AS7-D is still very viable even in the land of ECM, and I play it when I want to farm cbills.

If you are having problems try this build

4 MLAS
2 UAC
2 SRM6

Go ahead and upgrade to DHS if you can afford it to pack in more ammo.

I'm with ya, luckily elited jenners before ECM hit... dont care much for assaults (too slow) - and the hunchy.. i dunno, never found a reason to pilot a medium in this game but thats a story of another color for a different day.

But looks like you're missing the point anyways:

To you, it's 5%... to me, it's a dirty bait and switch.

Principles.

#19 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostJasen, on 16 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

...snip...

Personally, I bought Founders to help them develop an IP I've been waiting years to see come to life again.

We got custom mechs + mech bays + a discount on MC + 2 months Premium to activate when we want. We get bonuses on the custom mechs, and, IIRC, we get an EXP bonus on them as well as a credit bonus. May be wrong on that but I seem to recall seeing a bonus EXP message on my Fatlas. (Maybe that was just the premium bonus, been a while since I played it. It's fine even without it.)

You also got a month or more of free Premium time before they reset it and added the Activate button.

And to your point: nowhere in anything I ever read about Founders packages did it state "And we promise not to release other mechs with better bonuses or cooler things than your Founders mechs have". The games gotta live on well beyond the launch stage, what did you expect them to offer for sale?

QQers gotta have something to QQ about I guess, but I really can't see it being justified that they pulled a bait'n'switch on you. They gave you exactly what they promised, plus more. If you assumed some kind of promises that weren't there, well, you know what they say when you 'assume' something.

Feel however you like, but frankly you've got your nose out of joint over a non-issue.

Regards,

Badger

Edited by MadBadger, 16 January 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#20 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostMadBadger, on 16 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

QQers gotta have something to QQ about I guess, but I really can't see it being justified that they pulled a bait'n'switch on you. They gave you exactly what they promised, plus more. If you assumed some kind of promises that weren't there, well, you know what they say when you 'assume' something.

Feel however you like, but frankly you've got your nose out of joint over a non-issue.

Please show me where I was QQing... I made a statement.

Also please re-read my posts where I explicity said I wasn't bitching.

Sure, can I justify their greed... of course.
Am I really surprised? No.
Did I for some reason expect better? Yes.
Am I going to do anything actively about it? No.
Am I going to buy anything from PGI? No.

And lets be clear, I'm not refraining from buying anything from PGI as a punishment... its just now I see the better stuff is always right around the corner. I think I'll wait for the 45% bonus'd hero mechs. You just wait till they aren't selling enough hero mechs...

However, back on topic: I guess if you have to resort to name calling and putting words in my mouth while ignorantly failing to understand that ANY change is a change. Regardless of how small or your opinions on it. They didn't change my founders... I'll agree there. They "technically" haven't done anything wrong... but anyone with common sense and not wearing fanboy blinders will still agree its a **** move to release hero mechs with better bonuses than the founders...

Surely it could have been the same bonus? Like has been said... its only 5%. Would the hero mechs have been much different with 25%? Nope... do you have more of a chance selling hero mechs to founders if you make it 30%? Yep. And there you have it... greed.

Edited by Jasen, 16 January 2013 - 03:37 PM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users