• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

to clean up any jaggy edges with an ATI card set MSAA to 1 in attributes.xml

and in CCC set AA to enhance application settings, edge detect, adaptive multisampling or supersampling (your choice) and keep morpholical filtering off (causes text view/crispness issues)

#22 ThunderHorse

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you for your contribution to MWO.

For the record, I am unable to get the game to start with SweetFX.

#23 MonnieRock

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNeptune Beach,Florida,USA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 27 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

to clean up any jaggy edges with an ATI card set MSAA to 1 in attributes.xml

Maybe I am missing something but. When I go to: mechwarrior online/user/profiles/monnierock/attribtes.xml I do not see any listing for "MSAA"

Would this apply for nVidia users as well?

Thank you,
Monnie

#24 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostMonnieRock, on 28 February 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Maybe I am missing something but. When I go to: mechwarrior online/user/profiles/monnierock/attribtes.xml I do not see any listing for "MSAA"

Would this apply for nVidia users as well?

Thank you,
Monnie

I think its only for ATI users. If you still have/or are experiencing jaggy edges please let me know.

On another note, I have updated the archive today with a new ultra-high config I am using on my dual core. It also has added AA settings for CCC in the readme. The game is looking extremely good with this new file & setup, and thats on a dual core running 35 FPS no less.

I included sweetfx for you guys, but I'm not offering any support for it at this time. Maybe I will in the future.

Archive here

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 28 February 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#25 schlaepf81

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

First: Thank you for your work!!

Tested around a little bit and for my System (E8400@3600, AMD 7770) the vinsons.medium.high.user.cfg works best with avg. 20-30 fps.

i tried to improve it by setting motionblur=0 (not more fps but somewhat cleaner view).
i hoped to get more fps by disable shadows. It brings 5-7 fps but then i get this:

Spoiler

Did you ever encounter this "bug"? Or do u have any idea where this comes from?

#26 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Im having troubles nailing down MSAA, AA settings in general. Motionblur is now set in attributes.xml, as are all the front page ingame settings, on the backend PostAA is set with MSAA in attributes.xml.

However, I still get jaggies even using ATI CCC to enhance / override and having all AA features on ingame. Something appears slightly wonkey with AA functionality for me at least.

How did you disable shadows? the only value to set should be e_shadows = 0, you shouldnt have to adjust anything else to turn them off.

#27 schlaepf81

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

ok, i really set all variables under shadows to 0.

deleted cache again, set user.cfg with vension.medium.high.user.cfg setting and set only e_shadows = 0. and i got blue dust...mmh

modified your vinsions.medium.high.user.cfg:

motionblur = 0
shadowblur = 0

r_PostMSAA = 0

SSAO = 0
SSDO = 0

i now have 25-40 fps average and it looks good. A Great Thank You again!

#28 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

schlaepf another thing to try is setting postprocessshader to 0 instead of 3 that can help FPS a lot on some machines with little visual difference. imho shadows should not hit your PC so hard FPS wise, if you set SSAO to 0 and lower envtexresolution and textures from PGI default high to medium you should be able to run with shadows. You can look through the PGI default cfg files i included to mix & match to suit your personal PC.

physics hits the CPU harder, shadows, SSAO, AA, and tesselation hit the GPU harder, as do object detail.

#29 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Seems like a good place to ask this question. Is there a User.cfg line to adjust screen brightness or gamma? Everything is so dark on my monitor on most maps.

#30 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

go into attributes.xml and change brightness/contrast from 0.5 to a higher value. I use 0.6.

#31 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostBlood Crow, on 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

Pfft, what a toaster, no way that'll work. How do you even run the game in the first place?

And yes, if you've never edited your user.cfg before it'll appear blank. Just paste all of that into it and it'll be hunky dory.

hahaha, then you would love the fact that my laptop has a 1.6GHz Quad Core Phenom II P920 CPU with an ATI Radeon 4200 series that boosts up to a 5650 with 1GB dedicated memory when in performance mode (can pull another 1.5GB from system memory when needed). Now that thing get's toasy and gets me an average fps of about 28 to 30 per round.

#32 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

with the new patch you might want to turn HDR down a little as things have gotten brighter.

#33 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

ultra ultra high user.cfg file for those with top end machines. best used with film grain removal.

Spoiler

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 29 March 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#34 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

New ultra_ultra_high config file. Tinker at your own risk, posting for the brave amongst you to tinker with ;)

Warning: May look so good that you can never go back. Set DepthofField to 0 from 2 if you prefer it off, but with these settings its actually much less grainy than before. if we could crispen it up some more the game would look more real-world than 1980's crappy TV :(

Spoiler

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 01 April 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#35 Champion Hero

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 01 April 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

New ultra_ultra_high config file. Tinker at your own risk, posting for the brave amongst you to tinker with :)

Warning: May look so good that you can never go back. Set DepthofField to 0 from 2 if you prefer it off, but with these settings its actually much less grainy than before. if we could crispen it up some more the game would look more real-world than 1980's crappy TV :o

Any chance of a screenshot so we can see what sort of improvements to expect?

Would like to give this a go when I get home, but I doubt my 560ti would handle more stress.. unless this simpyl forces the CPU to work harder, in which case, my i7920 is still rocking strong :)

#36 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

It cleans up the laser beams, improves long range view distance & detail, leaves behind scorch marks longer, prevents pop-in.

it also enables depthof field by default with less grain than the standard PGI settings so its slightly crisper, though some of you will still prefer more realworld crystal clear with DoF disabled.

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 02 April 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#37 Scope666

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBranchburg, NJ

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 02 April 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

It cleans up the laser beams, improves long range view distance & detail, leaves behind scorch marks longer, prevents pop-in.

it also enables depthof field by default with less grain than the standard PGI settings so its slightly crisper, though some of you will still prefer more realworld crystal clear with DoF disabled.

Hi Colonel,

Love your user.cfg tweaks. I was wondering if you think any changes are necessary since yesterday's patch? I noticed they adjusted the variables for Post Processing and Environment. (opened the engine.pak to see)

Thanks!

#38 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Noob question time. Im usless when it comes to editing config files, dunno what half the stuff does lol. Really should learn ..i love tweeking :(

Anyway. I used the files from the website and have used the seetings from Colonel Pada Vinson 's april 1st post.

Iv already sorted the mouse speed, was way to slow for me.

What i want now is.

Its to bright
to much tunnel vision
could use a little more AA
Also any way to increase range at which higher quality terrain loads (alpine still shows alot of terrain poping in/chanigng shape)

What do i need to change ?

Also, since the settings r meant to be ultra ultra settings, r u sure everything that can be on to improve quality is on ? ..without that graining and blur for long distance ..the game looks a bit ...well..sparse..like there is no dust clouds and such now.
EDIT:
FYI: My CPU is a 3930k 4.6ghz OC and my GPU is a 560ti S-OC
Im using a 42" 1080p Plasma TV hence why ur settings for brightness is to much for me and why the AA amount isnt enough.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 03 April 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#39 Scope666

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBranchburg, NJ

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 03 April 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Noob question time. Im usless when it comes to editing config files, dunno what half the stuff does lol. Really should learn ..i love tweeking :(

Anyway. I used the files from the website and have used the seetings from Colonel Pada Vinson 's april 1st post.

Iv already sorted the mouse speed, was way to slow for me.

What i want now is.

Its to bright
to much tunnel vision
could use a little more AA

What do i need to change ?

Also, since the settings r meant to be ultra ultra settings, r u sure everything that can be on to improve quality is on ? ..without that graining and blur for long distance ..the game looks a bit ...well..sparse..like there is no dust clouds and such now.

If you change r_DepthOfField = 2 to r_DepthOfField = 0 that will get rid of the distant blur. You also want to use the film grain removal trick that Colonel Pada has in his archive.

#40 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

Sorry if i didnt make myself clear. I have the grain removal trick done, and distance blur is gone with the setitng at DOF = 2 it seems. My comment was the fact that, withotu the grain and blur ..u can see more clearly and the game looks alot sparser(empty) than it used to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users