Piranah You Really Should Stop The Pr Rubbish And Start Talking To Us.

89 replies to this topic

#21 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Money talks. It's not even a beta.. it's an alpha but since they have decided to take real money, they have to be held to certain standards.

Quit white knighting a crappy dev studio. Your nose is very brown.

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Shut up with your redundant dribble. It's getting old. I am aware of what you're saying, but it makes no difference.

How does your foot taste?

Cya later.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 19 January 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#22 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 January 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

very intelligent.

#23 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostToong, on 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

The devs post on the forums almost every day. There is a stickied thread that allows you to track those posts easily.

A dev gets on each No Guts No Galaxy podcast and talks for 20-30 minutes about what's going on at PGI, and then takes a few questions from the audience afterwards. The Mechs, Devs and Beer podcast also features PGI devs.

There is an entire sub forum (The Command Chair) that is a dedicated repository for what they are working on. While it hasn't been updated much recently due to the holidays, it normally gets several updates a week.

Most of the weekly patch notes also contain information about things that are coming soon.

The devs host periodical Q&A sessions where they answer questions posted to them on the forums.

Every time a big issue has come up, they've responded with a stickied thread in general discussion. In most cases the responses have been within one day of the issue.

How exactly are PGI not talking to us?

Brian Ekman - Creative Director last 5 posts were on:

8th january
20th December (three posts)
18th December (two posts)

There you go, that is exactly what I am on about, the very person that should be talking and look at his history.

As for No guts no glory LOL are you serious?

#24 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostMack1, on 19 January 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Brian Ekman - Creative Director last 5 posts were on:

8th january
20th December (three posts)
18th December (two posts)

There you go, that is exactly what I am on about, the very person that should be talking and look at his history.

As for No guts no glory LOL are you serious?

He's the CREATIVE Director not the COMMUNITY Manager, go here:
http://mwomercs.com/...rch_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

#25 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

But the Raven could have been fixed long ago... and should have.

But "deleting" the Raven from the game is no solution. That would only be the start, after the Raven is gone people would scream for the Commando to be removed, then the Spider, and so on and on and on.
Think of it in the long run: One guy from PGI stated some while ago that they expect players to take a break from MWO, so I guess they are more or less ok with people leaving because of the state of the game. Meanwhile, the Raven and other light 'Mech pilots are enjoying their OPness and eventually put money into the game. Once collision is re-implemented and/or the netcode is fixed, their OPness ends end this time they eventually take a break (right after posting a "Light 'Mechs are useless now" topic). Right after the fixes other 'Mech pilots will come back (because we are all addicts, like it or not) and enjoy their "no OP-lights anymore" time, pouring money into MWO. And so on and on and on until we finally might really see some kind of "true" release for this game.

View PostJSparrowist, on 19 January 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Money talks. It's not even a beta.. it's an alpha but since they have decided to take real money, they have to be held to certain standards.

Just that there is no defined standard for a "beta".

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 19 January 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#26 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

But "deleting" the Raven from the game is no solution. That would only be the start, after the Raven is gone people would scream for the Commando to be removed, then the Spider, and so on and on and on.
Think of it in the long run: One guy from PGI stated some while ago that they expect players to take a break from MWO, so I guess they are more or less ok with people leaving because of the state of the game. Meanwhile, the Raven and other light 'Mech pilots are enjoying their OPness and eventually put money into the game. Once collision is re-implemented and/or the netcode is fixed, their OPness ends end this time they eventually take a break (right after posting a "Light 'Mechs are useless now" topic). Right after the fixes other 'Mech pilots will come back (because we are all addicts, like it or not) and enjoy their "no OP-lights anymore" time, pouring money into MWO. And so on and on and on until we finally might really see some kind of "true" release for this game.

That's not totally correct. The Commando and Spider both benefit from netcode, but the Raven is simply bugged. The hit boxes on that mech are simply... wrong. You can shoot right through a stationary Raven.

#27 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 19 January 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

"We had a beautiful patch last friday, though for some people the game is now f'd up."

This for some reason made me laugh and spit my drink all over the keyboard :/

#28 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostSerapth, on 19 January 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

That's not totally correct. The Commando and Spider both benefit from netcode, but the Raven is simply bugged. The hit boxes on that mech are simply... wrong. You can shoot right through a stationary Raven.

The reason does not matter for the people.

I think PGI allready put themselfes on pretty thin ice with the hint in the patchnotes that the Spider might be taken out because of the netcode/causing rubberbanding.

#29 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 19 January 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

He's the CREATIVE Director not the COMMUNITY Manager, go here:
http://mwomercs.com/...rch_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

Yeah I know who he is.

#30 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

i disagree, i think they should do things the way they have, if you don't like the game, Don't play it...and all the QQ and insults, they don't deserve should't be heard to begin with....be happy, if i was a mod...every post that had even the slightest inkling og insults directed at the staff would result in AT LEAST a post deletion and 10 day ban....just saying...they work their *** off to provide a fun and FREE game and i for 1, think they are doing a fine job.....you wan't to be a toxic QQ'er?...i hear STO bends to QQ'ing quite easily...part of the reason the game suffers lol

#31 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

With the issues PGI has been having, considering the rather difficult coding that needs to be done (could you imagin them trying to bring in battlearmours?), the game should have stayed in closed beta until they hammered the really awful stuff first.

Now, with what we have seen thus far, imagine bringing Clan mechs in. You think the raging is bad now. They might as well reset the timeline to 3025 until they can figure the Clans separately. If at all.

View PostPeekaboo I C JU, on 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

i disagree, i think they should do things the way they have, if you don't like the game, Don't play it...and all the QQ and insults, they don't deserve should't be heard to begin with....be happy, if i was a mod...every post that had even the slightest inkling og insults directed at the staff would result in AT LEAST a post deletion and 10 day ban....just saying...they work their *** off to provide a fun and FREE game and i for 1, think they are doing a fine job.....you wan't to be a toxic QQ'er?...i hear STO bends to QQ'ing quite easily...part of the reason the game suffers lol

If this was an alpha game, they wouldn't really need our opinions because we would not be beta testers any longer, but since it is a beta, this is exactly what they want. maybe not voiced disrespectfully as some of it is, but they need the feedback for the alpha release.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 19 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#32 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostPeekaboo I C JU, on 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

right now the game is rainbows and marshmallows. thats why there are all these QQ threads people ******* love it

#33 Pihb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostKanaric, on 19 January 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

the only mistake bioware made with swtor was making an incomplete version of WoW

^what this guy said and...

They do talk to us. You just have to look. I could be a nice guy and provide links and all that crap but, stop being lazy. The info is out there.

Edited by Pihb, 19 January 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#34 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 19 January 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

They *are* talking to us, daily and even in PM sometime. Some people are just too lazy to look for info.

Heh I've been posting suggestions on how to take this game from mediocre to great and they've never seen fit to respond to anything I've said. Got falsely accused of trolling by a mod once though.

#35 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hold your horses, PGI said the roadmap and feature content was subject to change. It's being worked on, it may seem like a slap in the face when they deliver a light mech, oh and a hero light as well suprise! however, look at the grand scheme of things and realize it's a piece by piece process until it's all up and running. Sure, we need some updates... but they can't tell you anything we don't already know. The information is out there... the devs can't just start yappin about things that are still in development. They have the master plan, be happy there's a nice chunk of things to come.

#36 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostMack1, on 19 January 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Bioware made the same mistake with SWTOR, the game was in turmoil and they had Penny from the PR department write all their patch intros and all it did was infuriate the customers and made quite a few leave. There is no worse feeling when you can see a game in turmoil than the devs talking as if it's fine, all that does is drive people away. (not saying MWO is in turmoil)

I notice Jan 18th Weekly review is wrote in the same trend as all corporate PR crap, totally out of touch with customers and written to make shareholders smile.

Everyone knows the last patch was awful, it failed on so many fronts that I would have not dared release it tbh. Yet this is how your PR department wrote it:

Fantastic? It brought another light Mech with ECM to a game where light Mechs are glitching with lag shield and ECM is so OP that victory depends on actually having one on your team. It failed to address 99% of the glaring concerns that us beta testers are telling you about everyday, yet your PR team lauded it as fantastic, do you have any idea how demoralising that sounds to us customers? On a forum poll 43% of your customers were very dissapointed with it and only 3% were impressed, but your PR department thought it was fantastic...seriously!

You never even show your faces on the forums and actually try to talk to us, all we get are PR statements now and then, it's woeful. Filtering the devs posts to see how often they actually speak to the people testing their game is just shocking tbh. If this were my company I would be getting the feedback everyday.

We all know you are a small team of developers working your ***** off to try and fix this game. We all (well most of us) appreciate that it's very hard work and can be frustrating and annoying. Start talking to us on a regular basis, stop being so elusive and learn to take a bit of critique, we both want the same goal, MWO to succeed, so let's actually work together because at the moment it's more like us and them.

I haven't played the game since early December. Just quit playing and come back every now and then and read the general discussion and the patch notes to get a feel for the game. Eventually Pirahna will address the glaring mistakes they've made, the game will fail or you will forget about coming back to visit the site. Either way, you won't be spending time playing a game that has problems.

#37 Billy Battlemech

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Granted i just started playing this game, but having played all the MW games up till now i think part of the problem is the size of the maps.
When the maps are so small and cluttered it makes the mini-mechs the thing to run, makes LRM's almost useless and turns the game from having any type of tactics to a bout of running in/ or standing while doing circles in order to try to hit one of these little ankle biters.
My biggest issue with the game so far is how often a non-ecm target blips off my raday once i finally DO manage to get a LRM lock.

#38 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

If I were running the company and seeing how most of you conduct yourselves, I couldn't be bothered to p1ss on a lot of you if you were on fire let alone talk to you on a daily basis. Were at only two pages as of this writing and its already rife with childish ignorance and inflammatory garbage.

You guys really want the Devs to talk to you? [REDACTED] You'd be totally amazed at how much they'll listen to if you act like grown men.

As far as I see it, with most of you, the problem is you, not them.

Edited by Helmer, 20 January 2013 - 01:12 AM.
Edited for content.

#39 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I just interpret everything they say as massive sarcasm or giant exaggerations. Works for me. "Hey guy check out this HUUUUUGE patch!" "ECM is just a LITTLE OP"

#40 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

I plussed this OP not because PGI are not talking to us. In fact their comunication has been massively better than previously.

They have stepped up their game on communication which is awesome and I applaude it.

However the OP has a point about their marketign and PR being totally out of step with the realities of the game. Now it is PR and marketing job to make everything look shiny and awesome - but I think in a BETA they are trying a little too hard.

The only thing that have really screwed up was the deliberate ECM blackout of communications until a single post in a thread the other day.

The forums were on fire about this and the devs did not even step in and say they are lookin into it. They in fact said some pretty stupid things about ECM on their various channels of communications about it and that pissed a lot of people off.

I will forgive them because the rest of the communications effort has been much much better.

However PGI do need to realise their customers are not giong to swallow the PR spin. They should hold off til it is released before they hit that hard - beta means broken patches and thats cool, dont try to sell us a broken product as if its shiny and new, realise we are testing and stop selling.

I have worked in sales for a long time and selling an unfinished product just pissed people off.

Stop it - it will not make you any more money.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users