Piranah You Really Should Stop The Pr Rubbish And Start Talking To Us.

89 replies to this topic

#41 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostIronEagle, on 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

he is from Ottawa, probably one of the devs :-)

You know Canada is a big place right.... :)

#42 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

different day same thread....

#43 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 19 January 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

different day same thread....

I hate to agree with Texas scum but...yeah

#44 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostMack1, on 19 January 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Bioware made the same mistake with SWTOR, the game was in turmoil and they had Penny from the PR department write all their patch intros and all it did was infuriate the customers and made quite a few leave. There is no worse feeling when you can see a game in turmoil than the devs talking as if it's fine, all that does is drive people away. (not saying MWO is in turmoil)

I notice Jan 18th Weekly review is wrote in the same trend as all corporate PR crap, totally out of touch with customers and written to make shareholders smile.

Everyone knows the last patch was awful, it failed on so many fronts that I would have not dared release it tbh. Yet this is how your PR department wrote it:

Fantastic? It brought another light Mech with ECM to a game where light Mechs are glitching with lag shield and ECM is so OP that victory depends on actually having one on your team. It failed to address 99% of the glaring concerns that us beta testers are telling you about everyday, yet your PR team lauded it as fantastic, do you have any idea how demoralising that sounds to us customers? On a forum poll 43% of your customers were very dissapointed with it and only 3% were impressed, but your PR department thought it was fantastic...seriously!

You never even show your faces on the forums and actually try to talk to us, all we get are PR statements now and then, it's woeful. Filtering the devs posts to see how often they actually speak to the people testing their game is just shocking tbh. If this were my company I would be getting the feedback everyday.

We all know you are a small team of developers working your ***** off to try and fix this game. We all (well most of us) appreciate that it's very hard work and can be frustrating and annoying. Start talking to us on a regular basis, stop being so elusive and learn to take a bit of critique, we both want the same goal, MWO to succeed, so let's actually work together because at the moment it's more like us and them.

>Mack1 Doesn't know about Thomas

Why am I not surprised?

http://mwomercs.com/...19#entry1760319

#45 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostToong, on 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

The devs post on the forums almost every day. There is a stickied thread that allows you to track those posts easily.

A dev gets on each No Guts No Galaxy podcast and talks for 20-30 minutes about what's going on at PGI, and then takes a few questions from the audience afterwards. The Mechs, Devs and Beer podcast also features PGI devs.

There is an entire sub forum (The Command Chair) that is a dedicated repository for what they are working on. While it hasn't been updated much recently due to the holidays, it normally gets several updates a week.

Most of the weekly patch notes also contain information about things that are coming soon.

The devs host periodical Q&A sessions where they answer questions posted to them on the forums.

Every time a big issue has come up, they've responded with a stickied thread in general discussion. In most cases the responses have been within one day of the issue.

How exactly are PGI not talking to us?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I had to log on and say something about this guy. Dude, are you serious?? I mean really?!?!

"The devs post on the forums almost every day. There is a stickied thread that allows you to track those posts easily."
------ lololol, and look at the dates posted. Hahahahaha,

"A dev gets on each No Guts No Galaxy podcast and talks for 20-30 minutes about what's going on at PGI, and then takes a few questions from the audience afterwards. The Mechs, Devs and Beer podcast also features PGI devs."
----- and talk about the same crap they've been saying since day 1... and look, it's still day one to them for some reason!!. hahaha. Oh, and they like to talk about and answer questions about bobble-heads.

"There is an entire sub forum (The Command Chair) that is a dedicated repository for what they are working on. While it hasn't been updated much recently due to the holidays, it normally gets several updates a week."
------------ If you've noticed, these problems have been there for months.... with MORE problems being added, with no problems being fixed... hahahaha, your optimism isn't a bad thing, but it's damn near sickening.

"Most of the weekly patch notes also contain information about things that are coming soon."
------------ Hahahahaha, yeah! kinda like the Trebuchet was suppose to come out on July 2012... or how Community Warfare was suppose to be in effect DEC of 2012... Match making was to be fixed (but they never did, so said they were actually doing in "phases" but all know it becuase they dont have the ability to, yet) or How new paint-schemes will be added (which was the only thing that actually did... surprise surprise)

"The devs host periodical Q&A sessions where they answer questions posted to them on the forums."
------------ lol, questions like "whats your favorite kind of drink?? whiskey or scotch??" lol, haha and how they make it an effort to ignore the most asked, most popular questions.... dude, your post hurts my brain... are you daft?

"Every time a big issue has come up, they've responded with a stickied thread in general discussion. In most cases the responses have been within one day of the issue."
----------- LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! I dont think you know the difference between a "community moderator" and a "developer".

"How exactly are PGI not talking to us?"
---------- HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!! how about you tell me how they are

#46 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Uh just look at the content of all PGI Devs that post here, they interact more with the community than a Company like Bioware while having a LOT less people on the roll.

#47 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostPeekaboo I C JU, on 19 January 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

i disagree, i think they should do things the way they have, if you don't like the game, Don't play it...and all the QQ and insults, they don't deserve should't be heard to begin with....be happy, if i was a mod...every post that had even the slightest inkling og insults directed at the staff would result in AT LEAST a post deletion and 10 day ban....just saying...they work their *** off to provide a fun and FREE game and i for 1, think they are doing a fine job.....you wan't to be a toxic QQ'er?...i hear STO bends to QQ'ing quite easily...part of the reason the game suffers lol

lol, and you also failed to be one of the Closed BETA founders... the ones who have been around to actually know HOW LONG the same bugs have been around..... and you "for one" can be as happy with the game as you want, becuase you're apparently happy with broken games... I throw my mind out becuase I WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED!!! More than your "I think broke **** is fine" attitude.

and PGI doesn't cater toward the "QQ's"..... they cater to their inexperienced in-house testers.... who saw ECM to be fine, and let ARTIMIS slide as passable when it was released.

#48 Torqueware

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationA COM-3A

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostDudeman3k, on 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I had to log on and say something about this guy. Dude, are you serious?? I mean really?!?!

"The devs post on the forums almost every day. There is a stickied thread that allows you to track those posts easily."
------ lololol, and look at the dates posted. Hahahahaha,

"A dev gets on each No Guts No Galaxy podcast and talks for 20-30 minutes about what's going on at PGI, and then takes a few questions from the audience afterwards. The Mechs, Devs and Beer podcast also features PGI devs."
----- and talk about the same crap they've been saying since day 1... and look, it's still day one to them for some reason!!. hahaha. Oh, and they like to talk about and answer questions about bobble-heads.

"There is an entire sub forum (The Command Chair) that is a dedicated repository for what they are working on. While it hasn't been updated much recently due to the holidays, it normally gets several updates a week."
------------ If you've noticed, these problems have been there for months.... with MORE problems being added, with no problems being fixed... hahahaha, your optimism isn't a bad thing, but it's damn near sickening.

"Most of the weekly patch notes also contain information about things that are coming soon."
------------ Hahahahaha, yeah! kinda like the Trebuchet was suppose to come out on July 2012... or how Community Warfare was suppose to be in effect DEC of 2012... Match making was to be fixed (but they never did, so said they were actually doing in "phases" but all know it becuase they dont have the ability to, yet) or How new paint-schemes will be added (which was the only thing that actually did... surprise surprise)

"The devs host periodical Q&A sessions where they answer questions posted to them on the forums."
------------ lol, questions like "whats your favorite kind of drink?? whiskey or scotch??" lol, haha and how they make it an effort to ignore the most asked, most popular questions.... dude, your post hurts my brain... are you daft?

"Every time a big issue has come up, they've responded with a stickied thread in general discussion. In most cases the responses have been within one day of the issue."
----------- LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! I dont think you know the difference between a "community moderator" and a "developer".

"How exactly are PGI not talking to us?"
---------- HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!! how about you tell me how they are

Normally I don't just jump to someones defense blindly, but I get a strong feeling you are patronizing Toong for expressing his opinion.

That's not okay. You would do well to stop.

#49 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Could it have? Probably, but probably not. We don't work at PGI. Should it have? Probably... probably not... There's a few fundamental problems that need to, and are, getting fixed first. I'm sure they're heavily waiting on Netcode. Once netcode is cleaned up they'll be looking at ways to introduce tripping. While this doesn't have anything to do with hitboxes, it has a lot with how the game is played. They can then adjust mech's, weapons, and all those things afterwards.

All of what you said now is pretty redundant. I don't care about what money you gave to PGI. You're fully aware it's beta, and your money is not PGI's responsibility. Bla bla bla bla bla. "I GAVE MONEY TO PGI! I AM ENTITLED NOW!"
There there little one. *pat pat*

lol, this guy here..... is ALWAYS first to play white knight when PGI and suck are ever in the same sentence. hahahaha, how sad. hahahahahahaha

#50 Reverend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationKAETETÔÃ

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Can we close this thread mods? Really its just trying to start a conflict and well.. Mack is just a guy that makes horrible youtube videos whining about getting "pubstomped" and crying on these forums.

#51 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostDudeman3k, on 19 January 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

lol, and you also failed to be one of the Closed BETA founders... the ones who have been around to actually know HOW LONG the same bugs have been around..... and you "for one" can be as happy with the game as you want, becuase you're apparently happy with broken games... I throw my mind out becuase I WANT THIS GAME TO SUCCEED!!! More than your "I think broke **** is fine" attitude.

and PGI doesn't cater toward the "QQ's"..... they cater to their inexperienced in-house testers.... who saw ECM to be fine, and let ARTIMIS slide as passable when it was released.

I didn't FAIL anything, i was here for closed beta, i just didn't see a point in investing in a founders package until i seen how they reacted to all the QQ on the forums, as chronic QQ'ers have destroyed a game i previously poured thousands into, and now i don't play it and my $$ is gone....i spend on this game but when i noticed the gaus nerf, i decided that if this game is gonna be yet another 8 year old QQ fest because they are just awful, no fault of PGI's...my guess is your just horrible at this game and decided instead of learning to play, that you should QQ all over the forums, that there is no reason for me to invest in it on that level, i spend 15 a month on it, and for now that is even a bit steep as I WOULD spend more, but there is no clear stance from PGI on whether they are gonna nerf this game into boringness or continue on a path of fun..the problem with nerfs is, once you start...it never ends...as there will always be a build or tactics that shines through, and that will be yet another QQ forum begging for nerfs....in the end the game ends up boring and unplayable over the long term...the best way to deal with QQ'ers is to tell them to deal with it or go play something else...not give in to every QQ....

#52 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostReverend, on 19 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Can we close this thread mods? Really its just trying to start a conflict and well.. Mack is just a guy that makes horrible youtube videos whining about getting "pubstomped" and crying on these forums.

He wants to be the next TotalBiscuit or pewdiepie. -why are these a thing? They're terrible.

It's enough reason to close his account.

View PostPeekaboo I C JU, on 19 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I didn't FAIL anything, i was here for closed beta, i just didn't see a point in investing in a founders package until i seen how they reacted to all the QQ on the forums, as chronic QQ'ers have destroyed a game i previously poured thousands into, and now i don't play it and my $$ is gone....i spend on this game but when i noticed the gaus nerf, i decided that if this game is gonna be yet another 8 year old QQ fest because they are just awful, no fault of PGI's...my guess is your just horrible at this game and decided instead of learning to play, that you should QQ all over the forums, that there is no reason for me to invest in it on that level, i spend 15 a month on it, and for now that is even a bit steep as I WOULD spend more, but there is no clear stance from PGI on whether they are gonna nerf this game into boringness or continue on a path of fun..the problem with nerfs is, once you start...it never ends...as there will always be a build or tactics that shines through, and that will be yet another QQ forum begging for nerfs....in the end the game ends up boring and unplayable over the long term...the best way to deal with QQ'ers is to tell them to deal with it or go play something else...not give in to every QQ....

wordswordswordswordswords

Hey thats alot of QQ.

#53 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 19 January 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

He wants to be the next TotalBiscuit or pewdiepie. -why are these a thing? They're terrible.

It's enough reason to close his account.

wordswordswordswordswords

Hey thats alot of QQ.

@buy: Skill x 100, i don't QQ i make statements that are fact, and if you can even find a single post on these forums of me QQ'ing i will quit playing

#54 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 19 January 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

They *are* talking to us, daily and even in PM sometime. Some people are just too lazy to look for info.

... and some want to keep their blinders on and keep on hating.

#55 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

BTW, only N00B's come on here qq'ing...real men find ways to win, within the current setting, spoiled n00b's would rather cry on here for nerfs, i would be shocked if any of these QQ'ers had even a 1:1 ratio

#56 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

So, in other words, stop the public relations crap and start relating to the public?

#57 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'll say this again..

To everyone who bothers to post about people QQ'ing.. well, I hate to inform you, but you're crying about them crying. That makes you no better than them or perhaps even worse because you should be able to realize that you're crying too.

Now here I am crying about you crying about them crying. It's a vicious circle. Lets end it already. People are going to continue to cry about PGI ******* up time and time again so get used to it. Crying about them crying is nothing but crying. It doesn't stop them and never will.

Gah, now you have me crying too.. *******..

#58 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Well said as always Mack. And next patch we get another hero variant. They won't fix anything wrong with the game, but they will surely add more stuff to sell!

#59 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Finally official response on ECM.... it shouldn't take this much effort and time to get these responses.

http://mwomercs.com/...87#entry1750287

#60 LoneUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostTB Freelancer, on 19 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

If I were running the company and seeing how most of you conduct yourselves, I couldn't be bothered to p1ss on a lot of you if you were on fire let alone talk to you on a daily basis. Were at only two pages as of this writing and its already rife with childish ignorance and inflammatory garbage.

You guys really want the Devs to talk to you? Then grow the F__k up and quit acting like pre-pubescent idiots all the time! You'd be totally amazed at how much they'll listen to if you act like grown men.

As far as I see it, with most of you, the problem is you, not them.

Civil discourse does not garner a response either.

Blame the irate consumers all you want, but the truth is that this company has always done a poor job with communication... even all the way back in early closed beta.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users