Sorry To Clan Wolf - Not Cool

154 replies to this topic

#21 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Maybe I'm just dense on these things, but why don't the Clan boys make 2 8 man groups for their Trials of Entrance? Then they wouldn't be interrupting people's play time, the TOE would be done without interference ( or, at least, easily dealt with interference), and the QQing on both sides would stop. Again, maybe I'm dense, so please enlighten me (PM preferred).

#22 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

This is pretty much reason I don't do any trials untill the Clans have been introduced as factions.

#23 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

If you want to run trials as clanners in mwo , you may want to consider getting out on the field, annihilating everything in sight, except one mech you leave weaponless with a busted leg and no guns. After all, that's what should be expected of any clan unit coming against hopeless sphereoids with equal numbers, right?

I'm sure the best gamers that are goons would appreciate this show of awesome and aplaud your victory and maybe even let you carry on withot disconnecting. Lol ok nevermind no chance, but at least you'll have proved who's best and that's all that matters.

Never quite understood why goons hate roleplayers considering they are roleplayers. Afterall how many people, even kids do you meet who pretend to be part of a cult of bird men worshipping their one true bird overlord. You don't get much more imaginative than that.

#24 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I highly recommend that clanners wanting to do trials, pair up with another clan and sync drop. It's not really fair to ask other people to stand around 10 minutes while you get your act together to do your wee little trial. My new thing is, sure go ahead, just get it done before we cap your base. That gives you plenty of time to actually do the trial, without totally wasting ours.

#25 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 22 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

This is pretty much reason I don't do any trials untill the Clans have been introduced as factions.

Wait, so the difficulty in finding 16 clammers is "pretty much the reason" you don't role play in MWO? It's not because you're in IS mechs or perhaps that your "position" within your group ought to have no bearing once the REAL clans are introduced? It's just because you can't sync drop two 8-clammer groups via conquest with like a 99% success rate like most groups that want to scrimmage? What's the clammer word for "scrimmage" anyway?

#26 Volume

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 21 January 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

yeah... I'm installing MWLL for my Trial of Entrance to clan wolf, I'm not dealing with this

Good choice.

I did mine for JF in MW2...

#27 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostAym, on 22 January 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Wait, so the difficulty in finding 16 clammers is "pretty much the reason" you don't role play in MWO? It's not because you're in IS mechs or perhaps that your "position" within your group ought to have no bearing once the REAL clans are introduced? It's just because you can't sync drop two 8-clammer groups via conquest with like a 99% success rate like most groups that want to scrimmage? What's the clammer word for "scrimmage" anyway?

I love it when people post crap just for the sake of posting.

+1 like for entertaining me with your stupidity.

#28 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

About what I'd expect from Capellans...

:)

Edited by Monsoon, 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#29 M4L4R3K

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Your post is empty

Edited by M4L4R3K, 22 January 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#30 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostReverend, on 21 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

NO ANIME/MANGA NERD STUFF! GIRLFRIENDS! NO NERD STUFF!

Musta struck a chord... :)

#31 Arle Vox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNorth America West

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostReverend, on 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I smell Bias............ Poorly formulated Opinions.......... Do you work for Gawker or Fox News?

Indeed... this article didnt really say much. It stated a harsh opinion on the social structure of BT Clans (in the FICTION, I'll add).

Goons play videogames. Yep. Deal with it?

Also. You can't really have an RP Trial yet. you cant choose the team you fight. Wait until theres a 1v1 mode and Trial all you like then.

Edited by Arle Vox, 22 January 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#32 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I love a straight up fight. You don't want to let the clansmen role play, fine. Say you don't want to, and fight it out. But to deceive and line your whole team up for a stomp and then post how great you are after? Pfft! See you on the battlefield.

#33 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostNoXoN, on 22 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I love a straight up fight. You don't want to let the clansmen role play, fine. Say you don't want to, and fight it out. But to deceive and line your whole team up for a stomp and then post how great you are after? Pfft! See you on the battlefield.

WELCOME TO THE INNER SPHERE! ENJOY YOUR STAY!

#34 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thanks ;)

#35 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I appreciate the enthusiasm of the goons, and I think clan ghost bear should have known better. Also, you can get 16 people together for the trial, and go get a public group of 8 to clear the queue for you so you match up together. Shouldn't be that hard.

#36 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 22 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

^ ;)

#37 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostAgincourt, on 21 January 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Personally I just like watching "Clan" roleplayers attempting to do trials in IS robots.

Umm, quite a lot of Clans mechs ARE IS variants dofus.

#38 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 22 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Umm, quite a lot of Clans mechs ARE IS variants dofus.

None of which are currently available or currently configurable from their base IS starting points.

As a proud (and loyal) soldier of the FRR, I can only chuckle at the drama this has caused. ;)

Edited by Bagheera, 22 January 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#39 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostTheMagician, on 22 January 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

I highly recommend that clanners wanting to do trials, pair up with another clan and sync drop. It's not really fair to ask other people to stand around 10 minutes while you get your act together to do your wee little trial. My new thing is, sure go ahead, just get it done before we cap your base. That gives you plenty of time to actually do the trial, without totally wasting ours.

This.

Edited by Glory, 22 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#40 Ancient Demise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 189 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior: Living Legends

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

The way I see it the lives of Capellans are so awful that they are forced to resort to this. Everyone else just has fun without having to troll.

View PostBagheera, on 22 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

None of which are currently available or currently configurable from their base IS starting points.

As a proud (and loyal) soldier of the FRR, I can only chuckle at the drama this has caused. :D

You were pseudo GB and iirc you were Cloud Cobra for a while too, quiaff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users