Sorry To Clan Wolf - Not Cool

154 replies to this topic

#41 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

For the record, the Wolf Slayers will always honor such requests. I am pretty sure we have even stood down for an IS unit or two.
Instead of lining up for a stomp, we will use that time to network with the group.
Sportsmanship/honor "ahem", gentlemen....not cool to say you will stand down and then do what they did in the video.
Simply put, if your group is not going to honor such a request, state that you will not.

However, I agree with the two eight-mans groups sync-dropping to prevent these such things.
Keeps out the riff-raff :)

#42 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

While I think that this was probably the most HIGH-larious thing i have seen in MWO, I have to say it was a little messed up.. they did ask nice... once again... lonewolf/goon = jerkoffs.

#43 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostBagheera, on 22 January 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

None of which are currently available or currently configurable from their base IS starting points.

The Clans have a large surplus of original Star League 'Mechs. Though if they would do trials in them is another question...

#44 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostAncient Demise, on 22 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

You were pseudo GB and iirc you were Cloud Cobra for a while too, quiaff?

Negative ghostrider. I never really got into MW3 or 4 in online play. Apparently I have beaten some other Bagheera to the punch on MW:O. *shrug* Nor am I the one from WoT. :)

We Are Legion.

Long long ago, in 3025 MUSE/MUSH land I probably played DCMS, but that would have been because FRR wasn't available (per timeline would have held our territory and conscripted from our population). And I doubt I could remember the nick I used in those days if someone held a gun to my gentlemen's vegetables.

View PostThorn Hallis, on 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

The Clans have a large surplus of original Star League 'Mechs. Though if they would do trials in them is another question...

Um, ok. Fair enough. :(

Edited by Bagheera, 22 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#45 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostTheMagician, on 22 January 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

It's not really fair to ask other people to stand around 10 minutes while you get your act together to do your wee little trial. My new thing is, sure go ahead, just get it done before we cap your base. That gives you plenty of time to actually do the trial, without totally wasting ours.

This, unless I am incredibly drunk, I don't derive much amusement from watching people I don't know spend an entire(or most of a round) dueling.

Not that you can't try it but I think it is highly egotistical to expect everyone else to conform to your made up code of honor.

Granted, in private servers or matches(when they are hopefully added), then I fully support any clan, group or even players from doing whatever they wish and employing specific rule sets.

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 22 January 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#46 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

How bout honoring non game related requests in chat, think I can be like "Hey hang on a few minutes other team, don't shoot, I gotta hang up some laundry brb."?

#47 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

(ref. to page 1) sry guys.. if you wanna roleplay, that´s fine... i personally like it... but just use MW4 or similar things for you trials of which kind ever ( i know that some clanners do so)... there might be pre-arranged battles in MWO soon, but right now there are other people who just wanna play there random matches...

Edited by Alex Warden, 23 January 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#48 Merrik Starchaser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostMavRCK, on 21 January 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Latest article on The Mittani. Like the author says, Goons ruin everything. Even more worrisome, some of the MWO moderators are in the Goons - we should have transparency so groups like this can't abuse the forums and ruin the community's enjoyment of MWO.

http://themittani.co...ying-gone-wrong

People say goons aren't doing anything wrong. Just another in MANY examples of one group of players having fun at the expense of someone else's fun. in the real world we call it bullying, online its being a goon. Pgi should ban the people in this video. They wont but they should, not because they broke a rule, but because they obviously have no concern for the community beyond their own little gang of thugs.

Edit: for the guy above me who said it was wrong to make another team wait. then the goons could have said no and had a regular match, instead they played along and screwed it up wasting the other teams prep time for their match.. it goes both ways, play it fair and say it fair, or shutup and watch the duel. but lying about it to score cheap kills is pathetic and sad, wastes the other teams time and is malicious for no reason.

Edited by Merrik Starchaser, 23 January 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#49 Metalfyre

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostMerrik Starchaser, on 23 January 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

People say goons aren't doing anything wrong. Just another in MANY examples of one group of players having fun at the expense of someone else's fun. in the real world we call it bullying, online its being a goon. Pgi should ban the people in this video. They wont but they should, not because they broke a rule, but because they obviously have no concern for the community beyond their own little gang of thugs. Edit: for the guy above me who said it was wrong to make another team wait. then the goons could have said no and had a regular match, instead they played along and screwed it up wasting the other teams prep time for their match.. it goes both ways, play it fair and say it fair, or shutup and watch the duel. but lying about it to score cheap kills is pathetic and sad, wastes the other teams time and is malicious for no reason.

This.

#50 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Nobody promised to not shoot at them prematurely and it's the IS role to not play by Clan rules anyway.

#51 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

People say goons aren't doing anything wrong. Just another in MANY examples of one group of players having fun at the expense of someone else's fun. in the real world we call it bullying, online its being a goon. Pgi should ban the people in this video. They wont but they should, not because they broke a rule, but because they obviously have no concern for the community beyond their own little gang of thugs.

In this case PGI would have to ban the other team too, because they were not concerned about the Lowtaxers fun.

#52 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostBad Andy, on 23 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

How bout honoring non game related requests in chat, think I can be like "Hey hang on a few minutes other team, don't shoot, I gotta hang up some laundry brb."?

The nature of request doesn't matter, and it's certainly up to you to honor the request or not. However, it's not unreasonable to expect you to actually say whether you will honor the request. Keeping it quiet, spending quite a bit of time just watching the other team doing the trial (and later claiming that you attacked in order "not to waste time"), then attacking in the middle of the duel is just not cool, no matter how you look at it. If you think that a particular request interferes with your fun, just say No in chat and play a normal match.

#53 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Edit: for the guy above me who said it was wrong to make another team wait. then the goons could have said no and had a regular match, instead they played along and screwed it up wasting the other teams prep time for their match.. it goes both ways, play it fair and say it fair, or shutup and watch the duel. but lying about it to score cheap kills is pathetic and sad, wastes the other teams time and is malicious for no reason.

This and this

[color=#959595]The nature of request doesn't matter, and it's certainly up to you to honor the request or not. However, it's not unreasonable to expect you to actually say whether you will honor the request. [/color]

View PostThorn Hallis, on 23 January 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

In this case PGI would have to ban the other team too, because they were not concerned about the Lowtaxers fun.

I think they were that's why they asked in the first place.

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 23 January 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

Nobody promised to not shoot at them prematurely and it's the IS role to not play by Clan rules anyway.

No, I guess not but when Wellington van de Graaff asked "can we watch" that implies they wouldn't have been interfered with instead like a deceiver y'all lined up and discussed who to take out first....

Edited by NoXoN, 23 January 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#54 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Why the hell are people running trials of entrance for clan when there are no clans ? Seems a little daft to me....

#55 Xavier Davion

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I personally like the whole role-play clan idea, even though the clans have yet to arrive to the IS. Maybe these clanners should try to go with the 8 vs 8 if they have enough people to form the teams and drop. Not sure if they would drop into same match but it seems a bit better than dropping into a pug match. I role play if I recognize someone else is directing their "character's comments" to me in that manner. I don't expect to see to much rp in the general game though. Too many ***** playing to expect a good rp turnout.

#56 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostNoXoN, on 23 January 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

No, I guess not but when Wellington van de Graaff asked "can we watch" that implies they wouldn't have been interfered with instead like a deceiver y'all lined up and discussed who to take out first....

Well they saw it coming, that Atlas with the terrilicous loadout was prepared to open fire. Also never trust Inner Sphere freebirths, especially when dealing with the scum of humanity (GOONS).

#57 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Maybe we'll start caring about your terrible Clan roleplay when everyone starts taking Far Country and the Tetatae seriously.

Or maybe not. I don't know.

#58 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

This, but un-ironically.

#59 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

0_o so people should stand away waste 10 mins of their life to watch people do some trials?

For noting we had this a couple of weeks ago, we let them complete the trial...then blasted them into scrap nanoseconds after the trial was over....and they still got mad at us.

Goons have done nothing wrong here..other than play the game!

Edited by DV McKenna, 23 January 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#60 Ultraviper

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThe INTERNET

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Pgi should ban the people in this video.

I agree.
Ban the people shooting their own team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users