• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Collisions
A: They will return later in the year (no definitive date). We have higher priority tasks (CW).

I do not understand how developing physics can take resources from the pen&paper group working on how CW will be implemented. I am quite sure you don't have a single line of code written concerning community warfare, so people writing (the very very important physics fix in my oppinion) should be left alone.

#42 Long Draw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIL, USA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

I feel satiated...for now. Though the answers did raise one question. This stat wipe, will it include monetary and mech/pilot skills or just K/D ratio and W/L ratio? Would it affect how our Premium Time has been used?

As for the CR team, well, they do a reasonably good job I suppose. Though you won't find me kissing their feet any time soon since I've been doing their same job under the same conditions, if not worse, for at least 10 years in IT Support. It's thankless work, but somebody has to do it.

#43 Alcatraz968

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationBehind You!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Its ok Garth. Dont listen to those trolls.

Your team is doing great work!

#44 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Tons of great info here. I'm wondering about the end paragraph, what recent outbreak of rage was there? I admit, I haven't really frequented the forums in a while as I've been drawn away, but I enjoy the odd match every once in a while, and I love the game more and more as patches come to pass. Was there some recent backlash over a new patch??

#45 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 22 January 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

I knew the Modules were the endgame, instead of the Leveling Skills!

Now I know instead of know. Thanks ;)

Planescape: Torment reference?

#46 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

For a moment I thought Garth threw Bryan under the bus for answers, ha ha.

Thanks for all the information!

#47 FLAKPANZER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thank you!

Great info.

#48 REDACTED

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Modules are allow us to added non-standard BT content, that is the general inspiration.

How do I english? ;)

Seriously, though, thank you for the information. I'll be waiting for that article on my beloved ECM.

Cheers

#49 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Q: Are you going to introduce Europe located server? If yes, when?
A: Yes. 2013.

Q: Is your team discouraged at all by the community outrage?
A: It hurts, and you are always amazed at how nasty people can be. Some days you don’t want to deal with it. But you suck it up and try and understand why someone would call you an ***** or *******, or threaten you. I can’t tell you how many people complain, yet play dozens if not hundreds of matches a day, and spend significant amounts of money. I generally don’t take it to heart any more, especially when comments come from someone who has 100s or 1000s of posts. It’s the guy who has 1 post that I’m worried about. It took something significantly good or bad for them to come and make a post, and we tend to listen to them more carefully. And before you all go off about not listening to the core fans, we still listen to you as well.

In the end, we always try our best to have compassion and see through the screen in hopes of understanding why people say the things they do. The CR team in Montreal are truly amazing people that deal with a very vocal and passionate user base, taking lumps left and right with little to no thanks. (IMHO you need to start a thank you CR team thread. Hint Hint)

Wohoo, european servers :-)

And don't let you drag down from harsh negative comments :-) Most of them don't have a clue. BUT you are the guys who get the chance to develop this awesome game ;-)

#50 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Collisions are literally the only damn thing I care about and I am legitimately mad they're so damn low priority.

They're a core game play mechanic, not some piece of pointless fluff, far more important than stupid community warfare.

Fix the outstanding gameplay issues like collisions and shoddy netcode before some silly CW that will probably just be capture the red oilrig x 20 or whatever. .

Edited by QuantumButler, 22 January 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#51 Terminal Mehmet

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've read every Ask The Devs thread since they started. This is the best Ask The Devs thread you and your team have ever posted. Leaps and bounds better. Thanks for the depth of information and clear responses. Some minor disappointments and a whole lot to look forward to!

#52 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostAlcatraz968, on 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Its ok Garth. Dont listen to those trolls.

Your team is doing great work!

Except they didn't even know if they themselves were working on a jump jet fix...

#53 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Soon was yesterday.
The new one is
Later this year ™©®
;)

#54 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostTerminal Mehmet, on 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

I've read every Ask The Devs thread since they started. This is the best Ask The Devs thread you and your team have ever posted. Leaps and bounds better. Thanks for the depth of information and clear responses. Some minor disappointments and a whole lot to look forward to!

How are you more excited than before when the majority of the answers are copy pasted "sometime later this year" answers from the last time they did this..?

#55 Chou Senwan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Yeah, overall it's really, really heartening to get answers. That said, in the next Ask the Devs I'm going to have to ask, "How can we get you to change your minds on things you said 'No' to before?"

Namely, the 'jump jet lift-off speed' and 'weapon convergence at target distance' tweaks I think have a lot of support among the community. I wonder if we could garner enough people to express their concerns and get the Devs to reconsider.

But again, thanks for all the replies, and know that most of us just are excited. When the process is opaque, it's easy to get impatient because you don't understand why things are taking so long. While it's not fair of us to give you a hard time, I think that as long as you keep people informed and keep the process fairly transparent, we'll be more patient.

Thanks!

#56 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

For people complaining about collision and lobby being lower priority....

what would you take off the table:

new maps
new front end UI (2.0)
new mechs
netcode
weapons/equipment balancing? (ECM, modules, ER weapons, etc)
private matches
CW

In my mind all of those things (which appear to be higher priority than collisions and a lobby system from what I read) SHOULD be a higher priority. I thin most if not all of us would agree.

#57 Moriquendi86

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Thank you Garth, thank you CR team in Montreal. This year of mech ownage looks really promising.

#58 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

View Posttyrone dunkirk, on 22 January 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Tons of great info here. I'm wondering about the end paragraph, what recent outbreak of rage was there? I admit, I haven't really frequented the forums in a while as I've been drawn away, but I enjoy the odd match every once in a while, and I love the game more and more as patches come to pass. Was there some recent backlash over a new patch??

This should sum it up for you.

Posted Image

#59 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 22 January 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

What is CR team and why do I need to thank them?

Community Reps.

#60 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Garth, Bryan even if the MWO Community is sometimes a bit insane, we goons love this game and spend too much time and money on it ;). It's a young game, a small hatchling if you pardon the pun and while it's rough being there in the making, i wouldn't have want to missed it.

Or not enough YMMV.

Edited by Tank Boy Ken, 22 January 2013 - 02:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users