How Great The Developers Are!

132 replies to this topic

#41 firetross

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yea I wanted to post in this thread after I read the Q&A that I support this game. I really hope that this game continues for the next 10 years because this is a game I can see myself playing for that long. Keep on doing the good work.

#42 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Good game. Stopped playing anything else.

#43 ferranis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I said back in closed beta and i think it is still true:

The core game is just long lasting, pure fun.

But it is hidden behind a wall of china of bad design decitions (Matchmaker, new player experience and so on).

#44 Algorhythmic

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

The game is beautiful, fun and it has legs. The combat is a very smart balance of elements. I am very impressed with the work I have seen and I can't wait to see more.

Just remember, for every person hanging out in the forums, there are a ton of players who are too busy playing. I actually prefer r/mwo to the general discussion anyways.

I have tons of games, but the game I choose to play each day is MWO. Not Dayz or Skyrim or Planetside (barf) or anything else. Just me and my Dragon.

#45 LinkIcefang

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'm a newcomer to the BattleTech world... This is literally my first MechWarrior game. I have to say, from the moment I saw the trailer (though that was technically for MW5) I was hooked.

The joy I felt when I first recieved my closed beta invitation was something I cannot describe. It was a difficult learning curve, but I have enjoyed every single moment since I started. I can't begin to put into words the rush of adrenaline I feel when I march into combat with any of my 'mechs.

In addition to this, the customization of this game is simply amazing. I probably haven't gotten the most effective builds in the world, but my 'mechs really do feel like my 'mechs.

Since I don't have as deep pockets as some of the folks here, I've only been able to spend $15 on this game... But you guys have definitely given me my money's worth and then some!

Hope you all at PGI keep up the good work!

#46 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Right now (IMO), the game is good, but has the potential to be excellent. The actual combat is awesome, which is the foundation of the game. Everything else they add will hopefully only build on this.

Every time the devs talk about CW and other awesome ideas, I get excited.

Thanks for making MW awesome again PGI. If I knew you, i'd buy you all a few beers, but we can't have you drunk while you're slavishly working away at the game! We need you nice and sober to better deal with all the vitriol anyhoo, or else you'll likely start going all drunken Jay Wison on us all.

#47 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

forums will never be rainbows and butterflies. if you have no issues with the game, you won't be posting on the forums. you'll be playing.

yes, the last q&a had signs of anger from garth. it's also a much more useful q&a than 4 essays every 2 weeks would've been. people don't post questions in ask the devs if they don't care about the answer, which their previous proposal would've left the vast majority of questions unanswered

i'm sure they're working hard to make this game better. but until the game actually gets better, they should expect complaints. they stopped giving A's for effort back in elementary school.
saying they're evaluating tweaks to ECM means nothing until those tweaks actually get implemented, and mean even less if the implemented tweaks only make ECM more of a necessity for every last mech to have.
saying they're working on phase 3 matchmaking means nothing until phase 3 matchmaking actually happens, and even then, means nothing if there's still silly restrictions on having exactly 8 people in your premade, or if your fate is still up to how suicidal your pugs are in 4man, or if 2 4mans can still sync drop.
saying they're working on netcode means nothing until hitscan weapons like lasers can actually register damage matching what you see them hitting

do i appreciate what the devs are doing? absolutely. but after ~5500 drops between closed and open beta, i'm still not going to bother reinstalling until that effort bears fruit

#48 Aaron DeChavilier

• 1,422 posts
  • LocationEisen Unbegrenzt Corp HQ, Rim Collection

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postp00k, on 22 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

forums will never be rainbows and butterflies. if you have no issues with the game, you won't be posting on the forums. you'll be playing.

yes, the last q&a had signs of anger from garth. it's also a much more useful q&a than 4 essays every 2 weeks would've been. people don't post questions in ask the devs if they don't care about the answer, which their previous proposal would've left the vast majority of questions unanswered

i'm sure they're working hard to make this game better. but until the game actually gets better, they should expect complaints. they stopped giving A's for effort back in elementary school.
saying they're evaluating tweaks to ECM means nothing until those tweaks actually get implemented, and mean even less if the implemented tweaks only make ECM more of a necessity for every last mech to have.
saying they're working on phase 3 matchmaking means nothing until phase 3 matchmaking actually happens, and even then, means nothing if there's still silly restrictions on having exactly 8 people in your premade, or if your fate is still up to how suicidal your pugs are in 4man, or if 2 4mans can still sync drop.
saying they're working on netcode means nothing until hitscan weapons like lasers can actually register damage matching what you see them hitting

do i appreciate what the devs are doing? absolutely. but after ~5500 drops between closed and open beta, i'm still not going to bother reinstalling until that effort bears fruit

bingo, and I'm in the same state with it being uninstalled.

#49 WalkingDeathBot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLooking for Paul so as to troll him

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Haven't been on the forums much since closed Beta, but I just wanna say I love this game and still play everyday. I even play from Thailand with a 300+ ping and love my Ilya. I love this game even better when I go home to the US and can play from there. You guys are doing good work, people will always complain and moan. Hey there is nothing wrong with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but haters gonna hate. Keep it up, I've been playing MW since I was 9, and this is one of the best iterations of it I've seen.

+1 for Garth and the guys as their posts reveal they do indeed have souls and feelings.

#50 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

While I am dumbfounded how these bugs have lasted so long without any real attempt at solving them, I will have to say this.. the $$ I have spent so far for premium time and mechbays has been worth it.

The level of enjoyment I have received, from the matches that haven't sucked major ***, which is only about 33% of them, I can honestly say after today's feedback on the future of MW:O I am okay with what I have contributed financially so far.

Before today's feedback I did feel a bit of regret, but the communication on the issues at hand has relieved me a bit. I wont give any more money until certain things are fixed, but when they are, more money will flow.

Communication is key and goes a long ways.

#51 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Look..i'm a TT fanatic from way back. I take canon and lore as the bible first, because this ain't Hawken or CoD......

THIS
IS
SPAR.... er, BATTLETECH! (Mechwarrior)

Which means I am just like the developers (minus the computer programming/business management skills).

That said, whilst I have often been less than 100% thrilled (fix mah PPCs darn it! :D ), and yet... here I still am, playing literally 1000s of matches. so yeah, I think the Devs and the crew deserve some props and respect. Doesn't mean we just ignore things that go wrong, but maybe.. we can try to approach them in a mature manner? (yeah.. OK< wishful thinking).

#52 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Keep up the good work PGI! Don't read too much into the toxic, whiny threads on this forum. All Forums have these c*nts

#53 boomshekah

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yep, don´t listen to all the drama queens on these forums , you are doing a good job! The game is a lot of fun and it will be even more fun once the netcode is fixed, so keep at it!:D

#54 Avin

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Keep up the good work guys! This game is already great fun to play and is only getting better!

#55 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostWalkingDeathBot, on 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Haven't been on the forums much since closed Beta, but I just wanna say I love this game and still play everyday. I even play from Thailand with a 300+ ping and love my Ilya. I love this game even better when I go home to the US and can play from there. You guys are doing good work, people will always complain and moan. Hey there is nothing wrong with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but haters gonna hate. Keep it up, I've been playing MW since I was 9, and this is one of the best iterations of it I've seen.

+1 for Garth and the guys as their posts reveal they do indeed have souls and feelings.

What this man said...
And i didnt enjoy the jab at users with high post counts, ive always tried to be nice and i even play'd alot of rounds with devs, paul specificaly :D

#56 Mathmatics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 275 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostMackman, on 22 January 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I am instituting a new policy for myself, and some of you may want to follow it as well:

It's our right as players and beta testers to criticize when we feel something is endangering the quality of the game. But it's also our duty as decent human beings to encourage others. Therefore, from now on, every time I post criticizing something PGI has done, I am going to follow it with something I genuinely love about the game. Any takers?

Sign

You really are doing great pgi. Theres another game out there I paid to beta test that makes me cringe every time I think about it. I never once got that feeling when MWO was still under NDA. Even then the core game was solid and I loved it.

#57 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Let us sing their praises for repeating the exact same **** they have been saying since day one!!

View PostMathmatics, on 22 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Sign

You really are doing great pgi. Theres another game out there I paid to beta test that makes me cringe every time I think about it. I never once got that feeling when MWO was still under NDA. Even then the core game was solid and I loved it.

are you referring to Mechwarrior tactics!?!

#58 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostAlcatraz968, on 22 January 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

And most of all, How the developers are doing great work with a team of 40, and little money.

I would certainly have a higher opinion of this game if that were the case.

#59 Qeysadilla

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationSecond star to the right and straight on til morning

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

My fiancée hates you guys for making such an awesome game

#60 DrVulcan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

From one dev to all the devs and everyone else over at there, don't get discouraged, the silent majority does exist, and you can see from all the game time and money spent, we like the game and want to support your guy's good work =)
Here's to a great day over there!

Edited by DrVulcan, 22 January 2013 - 07:20 PM.

57 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 57 guests, 0 anonymous users