How Great The Developers Are!

132 replies to this topic

#61 DrVulcan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostQeysadilla, on 22 January 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

My fiancée hates you guys for making such an awesome game

Hehe, got my wife to join me in game and she is having a lot of fun, beats a movie =)

#62 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thanks PGI for completely failing in the technical implementation of this game.

#63 Qeysadilla

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationSecond star to the right and straight on til morning

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

View PostDrVulcan, on 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Hehe, got my wife to join me in game and she is having a lot of fun, beats a movie =)

Been trying. she's still stuck on WoW

#64 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Well to be honest a few things.

I came from Ghost Recon Online,(Which isn't worth a spit anymore since patch 0.7) and compared to them PGI is doing an absolute Stellar Job of not only communicating, being transparent and accepting feedback.

I love MWO.

That being said there are a few cracks where stuff is falling through.

That is simply put: We Don't know.

What I mean by that is that I've been bitching and moaning over ECM and getting very pissed about it. Little did I know there were other posts around the forums where the Developers acknowledged the concerns and are actively looking into it.

"Oh---" "Ok I didn't Know"

I'm glad they heard me.

A lot of threads posted by people who are angry and posting trying to get attention towards a particular area when the Developers are already actively looking into it. About 1/2 of these once someone directs them where a particular developer post was go "Oh----" "Ok I didn't know"

Now the other half post knowing that that they are currently fixing an issue and are trying to insure the issue either stays a priority, is fresh, or simply because they are venting for having a bad day of gaming, all is legit. I've done this myself, some days I just want to throw a monitor or two out the window, and there are times when I post "repeatedly" to let the developers know how I feel on this particular issue "least my silence be mistaken for acceptance."

Now the Developers coming on line and having to constantly see post after post after post of the same issue and being demeaned because they are not slaving away at the communities beck and call could get quite frustrating. So I understand both sides of the issue.

I think a good chuck of this is simply the "I don't know" factor, that being said:

I think the developers are doing an awesome job and they remain in my highest regard (despite the Death Knell loadout) and this is hands down the most transparent and communicative gaming company I've ever ran across. Good stuff mavo.

#65 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

For all the anger and upset I post, I'd have just left if I didn't passionately want this game to not only succeed, but be a shining representative of the ONLY game and universe that I've ever, ever called home.

From my first attempt at a game, with poorly rescanned record sheets, legos for mechs, and a deck with wide slats for a board, that lasted wee hours into the morning as the dew collected on my paper

To now a thriving online-enabled RPG-CBT hybrid I play with that same friend from that early morning, even despite being a thousand miles apart

Nothing has, does, or ever will hold me like Battletech does. I live here, and I whine loudly at every perceived misstep because... it's the future of my gaming home!

That said, I'm still here*... and ask anyone that knows me, that says quite, quite a lot.

*currently taking a hiatus from the game until the balancing issues are worked out

#66 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

PGI has made the first F2P game of a high enough quality that I want to spend money on it.

After playing big ones like World of Tanks and Star Trek Online, I like to think that means something.

#67 Harrison Kelly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Props to PGI for manning up and giving straight answers in AtD 30.

Not giving them carte blanche on the whole "content delivery" thing, though. I want to like this game, it's just not that easy to do at the moment.

#68 Deadxero

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Good job and keep it up.

Game still has a way to go, but you come so far already.

#69 Vaktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Much love PGI

#70 Typatty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

This is my favorite game right now. I play it every day. I hope to see this game continue to improve.

#71 Cpt Jason McCarthy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

No sorry i'm not an *** licker ...

Two months Garth ago was just a damn sarcastic troll [cf patch notes and rewiew], then ignored the forum during a full month, came back with no clue what was going wrong on the forum, then I saw that he was spending most of his time on Reddit or playing with his NGNG friends, for me he never did his JOB [he is paid for you know ?] correctly.

I would kill to have a job like this ... but he is complaining about how negative we are, LMFAO !

Edited by Shadowpunisher, 22 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#72 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

When i heard who was making the new mechwarrior game i was super skeptical, because they had such a small amount of staff and no huge games under their belt to judge them against. I am glad this team got the game for a few reasons.
  • Battletech mechs never looked so good.
  • They made the mechs feel right, heavy powerhouses.
  • Free to play done correctly (because of skill based game play)
  • Passion for the mythos
Now that i have seen what they have done with the game i think the dev team was the right choice for the game. Any other mainstream company would have thrown it out as another cash cow game that would be awful and a disappointment (well obviously they are trying to make money).

Something i am very exited about is how daring the dev team can be, the way that ECM works has not been tried before. Like it or not i think ECM was a drastic change and the dev team has some huge ******* to implement it.

I think i can see what the dev team wants to do with this game but there are never enough hours in the day. Since no game is ever completed I can't wait to see how the game grows.

If you see any non constructive negative feedback in the forums put in a positive comment to balance it out.

#73 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

I like MWO. I have easily gotten my money's worth from the founders' package, compared to most commercial games I've bought.

#74 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Keep it up mates, We love you!.
Remember, most of our wives love us, but do we want to kill them from time to time?

U betcha...
SO , you guys are the ultimate polygamists with 100k wives nagging you day after day...
It doesnt mean we dont love you .. We just want you to be all you can be.... Lol..
Scary analogy eh?

#75 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Just read the Q&A. I'm gonna go pour a shot and toast to the Devs, Mods, Admins, etc.

#76 M0oP0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta In a little place called Canada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I will wait until this game is finished before making a call. There is not enough here to really judge yet.

That being said 8 years ago I would have thought the current game to be amazing if somewhat flat.

#77 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

So what, just because they changed "sometime next year" to "sometime this year" everyone wants to jump back on the PGI bandwagon?

#78 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostShadowpunisher, on 22 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

No sorry i'm not an *** licker ...

Two months Garth ago was just a damn sarcastic troll [cf patch notes and rewiew], then ignored the forum during a full month, came back with no clue what was going wrong on the forum, then I saw that he was spending most of his time on Reddit or playing with his NGNG friends, for me he never did his JOB [he is paid for you know ?] correctly.

I would kill to have a job like this ... but he is complaining about how negative we are, LMFAO !

If i had Garth's job, then the last thing i would wanna read, is whiny pi*s ant posts like yours all day long.

I for one think Garth is doing an excellent job. And you cant expect him to read every single whiny post on the forums. Most of them are just the same bullsh*t being repeated over and over again, by whiny lil sh*ts, such as yourself.

If your grief is ECM.. then guess what? They know about it, and are working on it.. And if it's lights being OP because of Lagshield. They are on it..

Problem is, developing a game of this scale takes time.. Something allot of people can't seem to grasp apparently..

And PGI arent exactly swimmin in money and resources.. Yet, they have managed to deliver a very impressive game in the time, that they've worked on this. And as they get more used to working with Cryengine, and manage to finish their netcode (which they had to write from scratch). We can expect them to churn out new content at a faster pace.

So you don't like how the game is now? Then don't play it, for fu*ks sake.. And stay out of the forums, if you cant come up with something constructive to write..

It is after all still in Beta. And noone is forcing you to play it, or pay for it...

Edited by ParasiteX, 22 January 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#79 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostParasiteX, on 22 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Most of them are just the same bullsh*t being repeated over and over again, by whiny lil sh*ts, such as yourself.

Same could be said about pretty much everything PGI posts.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 22 January 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#80 M0oP0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta In a little place called Canada

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Same could be said about pretty much everything PGI posts.

Or for that manner the once a week type of post this one is......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users