love the game, keep at it!

#102 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostKyryos, on 22 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

They may not be swimming in money, but if they released another package deal like the founders package, I guarantee they'd make A LOT of money.

They could defiantly have another package deal. Once they release the clans. Like a Clan founders package.

But lets hope they get the netcode fixed first, before doing something like that :wub:
Get a feeling that the whiners here on the forums, would just see em as money hungry con artists, if they did it before a netcode fix.

#103 Zoticus77

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

I have enjoyed this game a lot, playing off-and-on since closed beta. Steady progress is being made.

Bottom Line:
- I have fun playing for hours at atime and enough friends are hooked we often have to split up and run 2 lances
- It seems to have hit the right balance of Free-2-Play with the recruit bonus. Several friends joined recently and are doing great
- really captures the "feel" of piloting a mech (as opposed to running around as a person)
- While there is always room for improvement, the vast majority of design decisions are bang-on.

I'm really looking forward to a fun year of MWO!

#104 Zero Neutral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Well, he did have to answer a lot of stupid questions like: "Why aren't there more patches herpa derpa?"

Also, most people can't see past ECM to even ask any other questions heh.

Nut up!!

#105 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yea the devs are the best man.

I especially love how quick they are to fix things in an XML file for weapon damage and balance purposes.

They are also incredible at making sure things like jumpjets are working exactly as they should!

BEST DEVS EVER MAN!

#106 nksharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

As long as they continue to give the community information on what is being done about certain things in the game instead of ignoring them hoping they will go away that will be good.

Good thing path of exile is finally in open beta later today so I have another good game to play now.

#107 Termius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Each patch just adds more to this fun game, can't wait for the next one :lol:

#108 Blastrivet

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Just wanted to say you all are doing a great job! I enjoy the game and I look forward what plans you have for it in the future. Great Job Devs! :lol:

#109 Taizan

Com Guard

• 1,692 posts
  • LocationGalatea (NRW)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Even though the maps are getting a bit repetetive, every single match I have played up till now (1500+) has been a unique and thrilling experience.

Personally I think PGI is on the right track, sometimes the huge cargo train that MWO is comes to a halt or slowdown and needs time to pick up speed again, but all in all I do trust that we will arrive at the final destination.

#110 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I was up until 1:30 am playing and I'm dragging my butt at work today. But I have no regrets.

#111 Metalfyre

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

I've played every single Battletech themed game except MWLL (everyone talks about TT, but ever heard of the card version?), and consider myself a lifelong Battletech fan. After MW4, it seemed like the FPS franchise would die; there was a trailer of a 'rewind' themed MW5 that got me excited, but nothing seemed to come of that. I thought I'd never get to see through the screen of a stompy robot with the graphics today's machines are capable of. And then...I saw the advert for MWO. Only fellow fans will be able to imagine how excited I was to discover that this was a fully functional game with an active community. So the very first thing I want to thank the devs for is this: Thank you for reviving the dream; it means so much to me, at least. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how the gaming experience itself is like to me.

I've played many online games before, and in my experience compared to other game developers, the team are actually quite engaged in the community compared to any other developers. They do Q & A, podcasts, posts, updates, interviews, etc They answer audience questions and concerns on a constant basis. Sure, there is always room for improvement, but the effort to reach out can be seen by any mature individual who has played a good number of online games.

There will always be people who are constantly discontent, and sometimes hearing them spam the boardswith 'I paid almost 7 bux on MC this game muz b purfect!' without understanding that this is a work in progress can be disheartening to the people working on it. All I can say to this is, yes you feel the need to critique something...but have you ever taken the time to thank PGI for the things they DID get right?

p.s. I really do not understand the moaning about ECM being overpowered. All it does is prevent locks from Streaks or LRMs, disrupts your radar from performing various functions and counter other ECM units. If people weren't so reliant on weapons that don't need actually aiming to hit their target, this wouldn't be an issure at all. From what I've been reading, the issue is as follows:

-Netcode problems allow 'lagshield' on light 'Mechs
-light 'Mechs more difficult to hit due to this
-hence most players can only use Streaks or LRMS
-ECM prevents the above solution

The main problem is the 'lagshield' issue. If you did not have to lead rubberbanding/teleporting 'Mechs with your lasers/ballastics, I doubt anyone competent enought at targeting would be complaining about ECM.

Even with the prevailing 'lagshield' issue and nearly 300m/s ping, I have splashed countless 'cheese' 2Ds and 3Ls and consistently scored between 5-800 dmg while leveling my non-ECM Commando, using dumb-fire SRMs. It is possible, although those repeatedly complaining about it may lack the ability....

#112 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Any time I use that "Quit" button, it's with regret that I can't drop another match.

That sums it up nicely.

#113 SonOfAgony

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location...still here in the Training Grounds trying figure out where to hit a Cataphract in the @#$%@#$% FACEHOLE!!!!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

To all those that work their tails off for the Fire Trolls begging for free @#^@#$5 hand-outs. I truly respect and appreciate you.

I am not completely sure what happened to honor and integrity over the last few years, but the time I have put into the game "AS-IS", and the money that the kiddies complain about wasting, is IMO the best $120+ dollars I have ever spent. I am entertained for hours, days, and now months to come.

THANKYOU!

(...hope the devs will get word of this, p.s. need an idea or an honest opinion, lemme know)

#114 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Cunning reversal.

If criticizing the devs repeatedly made the netcode worse, perhaps a thread full of Polly-Anne praise will make it better!

#115 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostSonOfAgony, on 23 January 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

To all those that work their tails off for the Fire Trolls begging for free @#^@#$5 hand-outs. I truly respect and appreciate you.

I am not completely sure what happened to honor and integrity over the last few years, but the time I have put into the game "AS-IS", and the money that the kiddies complain about wasting, is IMO the best $120+ dollars I have ever spent. I am entertained for hours, days, and now months to come.

THANKYOU!

(...hope the devs will get word of this, p.s. need an idea or an honest opinion, lemme know)

Oh come on this is definitely brown nosing no one has a problem with me calling that out right? surely?

I mean if that guys nose were deeper we could say pgi were getting a colonoscopy.

#116 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostProtection, on 23 January 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Cunning reversal.

If criticizing the devs repeatedly made the netcode worse, perhaps a thread full of Polly-Anne praise will make it better!

View PostSifright, on 23 January 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Oh come on this is definitely brown nosing no one has a problem with me calling that out right? surely?

I mean if that guys nose were deeper we could say pgi were getting a colonoscopy.

View PostShadowpunisher, on 22 January 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

No sorry i'm not an *** licker ...

Two months Garth ago was just a damn sarcastic troll [cf patch notes and rewiew], then ignored the forum during a full month, came back with no clue what was going wrong on the forum, then I saw that he was spending most of his time on Reddit or playing with his NGNG friends, for me he never did his JOB [he is paid for you know ?] correctly.

I would kill to have a job like this ... but he is complaining about how negative we are, LMFAO !

View PostLonestar1771, on 22 January 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

Same could be said about pretty much everything PGI posts.

Kindly take your negativity to any other thread on the forum ripe with it, and leave this one, (if you READ the first post) specifically aimed at those of us who want to offer hope, alone. Hell, create a thread "How terrible PGI is and I want them to die" and go romp in there.

If you can't at least offer some constructive criticism, or even the smallest glimmer of "I HATE SO MUCH ABOUT MWO... but... here's something I like"

Just leave.

#117 Rathverge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMountain

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

How about a big thankyou for not letting this IP flounder?

My biggest love for PGI.

So many awesome IP's I have loved stagnating out there. Now I just need to keep poking relic and EA to revive a few of my other favourites!

#118 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostKobura, on 30 January 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

Kindly take your negativity to any other thread on the forum ripe with it, and leave this one, (if you READ the first post) specifically aimed at those of us who want to offer hope, alone. Hell, create a thread "How terrible PGI is and I want them to die" and go romp in there.

If you can't at least offer some constructive criticism, or even the smallest glimmer of "I HATE SO MUCH ABOUT MWO... but... here's something I like"

Just leave.

Lol, seriously? We all left this thread what, 7 days ago? Just so you know PGI doesn't give out brownie points. They aren't going to send you a signed letter saying "thanks for the support on the forums that one time" so you can stop with the whole "PGI is my favorite dev team because they are letting me relive my childhood".

#119 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 30 January 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Lol, seriously? We all left this thread what, 7 days ago? Just so you know PGI doesn't give out brownie points. They aren't going to send you a signed letter saying "thanks for the support on the forums that one time" so you can stop with the whole "PGI is my favorite dev team because they are letting me relive my childhood".

No, they don't give out brownie points, nor do I want them.

Have you seen most of my posts? I bet 400 out of my 421 contain some sort of complaint about the game. Even my post on page 1 or 2 of this thread says "ARG ANGRY RAGE but hey... it's because I want to see this work."

If you're seriously that jaded, put your **** where your mouth is and ask for your refund, or go inactive.

Also if you left this thread a week ago, why did you come back? Do you have the forums on RSS or something? That's... a little obsessive, for something you come into (at least here, right now) with the goal of bashing. NOT EVEN BASHING, actually, legitimately discouraging people from thanking PGI?

******* augh. There's a special place in hel| for people that **** on parades they were kindly asked to stay away from like that and it's below people that talk in the theatre.

#120 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostKobura, on 31 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

No, they don't give out brownie points, nor do I want them.

Have you seen most of my posts? I bet 400 out of my 421 contain some sort of complaint about the game. Even my post on page 1 or 2 of this thread says "ARG ANGRY RAGE but hey... it's because I want to see this work."

If you're seriously that jaded, put your **** where your mouth is and ask for your refund, or go inactive.

Also if you left this thread a week ago, why did you come back? Do you have the forums on RSS or something? That's... a little obsessive, for something you come into (at least here, right now) with the goal of bashing. NOT EVEN BASHING, actually, legitimately discouraging people from thanking PGI?

******* augh. There's a special place in hel| for people that **** on parades they were kindly asked to stay away from like that and it's below people that talk in the theatre.

Wow you're an *****. I came back because I had a notification that some dip **** had quoted me. Wtf are you talking about being jaded? So telling the truth is considered being jaded now? Of course I haven't seen your dumbass posts because I don't give two ***** about you and what you have to say or think. You're just some random person on the internet so why should I give a ****. If you are seriously that upset about what goes on in an internet forum then I truly feel sorry for you. I should thank you though for providing my entertainment for the day. It's idiots like you that truly make the world a wonderful place to live.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users