Game Freezes But No Crashes To Desktop From The Middle Of A Match

219 replies to this topic

#141 Jubal

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'll note I freeze most often when I get a kill, probably 70% of my freezes are exactly on impact, I don't see the message, this is confirmed by people over teamspeak (which still runs fine). LRM's seem to be a primary suspect for me.

#142 Elementel

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I too am starting to experience this problem since this morning. Screen freezes before the animated start-up sequence. It will show the map and mode that is going to be played but then goes to the black screen and that's it.Crtl Alt Delete to get out. Restart client. Seems to be happening about every 3-5 matches.

#143 Lictor

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Experiencing this as well, but only since the 3/5 patch tried multiple things nothing worked, until I cleared the shader cache, not problems since, but may do the batch script thing

Rig in the Sig. . .

#144 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

I get the black screen problem.

Whole screen goes black. Sometimes I can still hear sounds and mechs walking past or fighting, othertimes I can't hear anything.

Alt-Tabbing back and forth only sometimes fixes this, it seems to work better since the last patch for me tho. (coming out of the blackscreen more often than before)

Alt-Tabbing also sometimes fixed the freezing I was getting, tho very rarely. (no black screen, just frozen frame, can still hear sounds) It seems the freezing for me has stopped after the recent patch, only black screen now so far.

Edited by Fooooo, 14 March 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#145 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostYakatuus, on 25 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

I am having this exact same issue. Windows 8. Can't even go to task manager, I have to restart.

Same here. I can alt-ctrl-del and then choose task manager, but then all I get is a black screen and I can't alt-tab to the task manager. I have to completely restart my computer. I've even lowered my graphics all the way down, even though my graphics card plays everything else on the highest possible settings without so much as a hiccup.

Win8 64 bit, Radeon HD 7950, core temps during game are around 35C. Brand new computer, and this happens on NONE of my other games.

#146 Peenutts

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I have this exact problem which started after the last game update. I use Geforce 680 and newest drivers. I had drivers that were a few months old and thought new ones would help. It didn't.
Randomly the game will just stop. When you go to task manager MWO is listed as not responding.

Have to close out the game there. VERY VERY frustrating. Happens to me on all maps, all mechs, fire fight, standing still, moving, running, walking, everything.

#147 Pir Hsah

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

^
Game freezes during load in's and sometimes during explosions durning mid-game. Running Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

#148 total gore

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

thought i had found a work around but alas it doesn't work anymore. in the omicron log does anyone else get something like

"[Error] CryAnimation: no valid character file-format: EngineAssets/Objects/Default.cgf
[Error] CryAnimation: no valid character file-format: EngineAssets/Objects/Default.cgf
[Error] CryAnimation: no valid character file-format: EngineAssets/Objects/Default.cgf
[Error] CryAnimation: no valid character file-format: EngineAssets/Objects/Default.cgf"

I have sent a few logs to the devs. I hope this gets fixed. This is a game killing bug and makes it really hard to enjoy this game.

#149 Stimbles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

Still freezing up during matches after 19 March patch. No freezes with fps limited to 50.

#150 Thoal

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

AMD Radeon 6800 Series 2 GB memory
Intel I7 950 3.2Ghz
6 GB memory
Gigabyte X-58 UD5 board
Win 7 64
All drivers are up to date

Have the same crashes independent in which mech or map.
Game freeze from time to time in match mostly when lrms are fired, impact or on their way.

#151 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

This seems to be increasing now getting a full lockup about every 5 matches.

Not experiencing any heat issues or having problems with other games with larger particle effects, so not sure what the problem is.

#152 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostSarah Dalrymple, on 14 March 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Same here. I can alt-ctrl-del and then choose task manager, but then all I get is a black screen and I can't alt-tab to the task manager. I have to completely restart my computer.

Same exact problem. I enabled Vsync which limits my FPS to 60 and I had no freezes last night. I played like 10-15 consecutive matches without a freeze. I used to go maybe 3-5 without a freeze.

#153 Elric

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA USA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I've been having this issue since Feb as well.
Sometimes every match (3-5 in a row), and sometimes I can get in 5 w/o the freeze.
Happens on every map with different mechs (most of mine are AC + Laser - no missile).
I do sometimes have texture issues on Frozen City.
Deleting the Shaders folders did not fix my freezing, nor did the ALT-Tab thing.

A game just froze for me.

Window 7 x64
ATi 7850 (by Asus) (30deg C at time of last crash)
i5-3570K
32GB RAM
Asus Mobo P8Z77-V

#154 Serious Table

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 78 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

I was crashing on all of the snow maps just recently, but deleting my shaders and turning on V-sync fixed the issue. Give that a shot, see if it makes a difference.

#155 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

5-6 matches in I get a freeze, then im good for an hour or so again. alt-tab doesn't help, I have to end the game with ctrl-alt-del

#156 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostSerious Table, on 22 March 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

I was crashing on all of the snow maps just recently, but deleting my shaders and turning on V-sync fixed the issue. Give that a shot, see if it makes a difference.

Thx for this just enabling v-sync has made a world of difference.

#157 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Got one too... first game glitch in well over a month! Had to ctl/alt/delete out as well. Funny thing was the audio of my COM engine sound continued on (not responding to throttle changes though) until I closed the client. I didn't know I could get back into the match :/

#158 KOKO

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Looks like this is a FPS problem. I have a 120hz monitor at home and it crashes frequently. Settings sys_MaxFPS = 90 for me (680GTX can handle that good) it is better, a lot less crashes. If i play in a hotel (60hz Monitor, same PC), i can play without MaxFPS, because VSYNC is on... so after three month of telling what is wrong you really should came up with a fix for fast computers ....

#159 Jeye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

I was wondering whether this was a fluke but I don't have time for more games today to test it out further and if people are desperate then it may help. It apears to be mostly with core i7 machines and something clicked today as there was an age old problem when the first gen i7's came out where certain games did not like hyper threading. It's not something I think about anymore as it's not been an issue with a game for a long time.

As i've been crashing loads again this week though, umpteenth re-install did nothing for me, 6 crashes in 8 games this morning for example. I've now disabled Hyper Threading in my BIOS and have just done 16 games without a crash. It may be just a fluke but it's worth trying if your desperate.

I'll write back if I get a crash, won't really be able to play until tomorrow though.

#160 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Getting the exact same problem. uninstalled in disgust when i had almost every match i played for two hours lockup one after another.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users