• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Patch notes for 6/18/13:
Bug Fixes

- Extended view distance on many buildings on River City to solve problem where low spec machines were seeing through buildings or buildings were disappearing completely potentially revealing hidden 'Mechs.
- Fixed various level stuck bugs.
- Fixed some issues that were occurring in the Front End.
- Made more improvements to the bandwidth costs.
- Fixed a few crash issues some users were having.

Yeah, I still crashed the very first game today. Keep trying.

#182 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

My crashing is now worse than ever, im crashing every single match either instantly or 1 min in.

#183 Cybergoblin

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Im still experiecing crashes on a way too frequent basis - my buddy had his first freeze up today in the multiple weeks we have been playing.

I experience them once or twice a day in multiple hours of playing.

Would be great if yall could fix it.

#184 King Lags

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Been having the same issue for months now but seems worse then ever. Had two straight crashes before the match started and still having seemingly random screen freezing crashes. If I alt tab or task manager it just goes to black and stay unresponsive. Hell it does this sometimes when I close the game without being in a match. VERY frustrating and VERY much leaving me to not want to give PGI a dime.

Pentium g860 @ 3.0ghz
Nvidia GT 530
8 gigs of ddr3 ram

Was considering scraping cash for a 650 ti but from this thread it looks like it'd still crash lol.

Edited by Tainwulf, 19 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#185 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hey Guys try this:

I have found that if I uninstall the game completely from my computer and delete every folder related to the game and do a complete reinstall it usually fixes my FPS issues and crashing. I did this once before and if fixed my problem. I did it again tonight and it helped out a lot. My FPS are up and I didn't crash even after several games. I think that (in at least my case) the patcher that updates the game is causing my problems. I think that it is just as easy to do a fresh install of the game as it is to let the patcher work each week. Perhaps the patcher or some of the game files get "gunked up" with the updates or just for playing the game after a while. I would recommend a complete uninstall and fresh reinstall to see if this will help you. It really isn't that hard or take too long to uninstall and reinstall the game. Just make sure you back up the: profiles folder in your piranha games user folder so you don't lose any of your game or graphic settings.

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 22 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#186 Sergestorms

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

3 times in a row while either loading or 1 minute into game. Was never an issue prior to the last patch.
I have tried deleting the Shaders folder (C:\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online\USER\\Shaders). Another friend suggested enabling V-Sync. No luck.

Will try the uninstall/reinstall method next.

Scratch that - found this and have run 7 matches without issue:
http://mwomercs.com/...ch/page__st__20

View PostFearon, on 28 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Captain Fearon of the Robinson Rangers here

Had a similar problem and all me PAKs are ok... but managed to fix

Go to your Bin32 folder...

Right click MechwarriorOnline.exe and run as administrator.

For some reason this works but a normal start doesn't.

Edited by Sergestorms, 27 June 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#187 Perkzzz

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Just wanted to let you know, the issue is not related to frames exceeding the 60 fps mark.
I run MWO on an older setup. Clean install. Get around 35 FPS max and it freezes up every match (even training grounds) after approximately 1-2 minutes.

Setting up a limiter did nothing for me.

#188 Mc JR

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

the run as administrator worked for 4 or 5 rounds before i crashed on load of the six round. Devs pleas fix this crap.

#189 tigermaster

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

same here.
windows 7 x64
core2duo e8600
4gb ram
geforce gtx470
asus p5k
everything updated to the latest version

#190 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostPerkzzz, on 01 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

Just wanted to let you know, the issue is not related to frames exceeding the 60 fps mark.
I run MWO on an older setup. Clean install. Get around 35 FPS max and it freezes up every match (even training grounds) after approximately 1-2 minutes.

Setting up a limiter did nothing for me.

Are you running in Full Screen or Full Windowed/windowed mode? Even when running at 35FPS, is your GPU being maxed out at 100%?

Right now we have very little feedback from players who are running suboptimal systems on what is working for them with regard to the FPS. Putting a cap of 60FPS on a system that is only running at 35FPS max will not work. This would be where the need to change it to a lower amount would need to be done and tested.

Unfortunately I do not have an old enough system that will run MWO. The suggestions provided, such as running in Windowed mode, vsync or modding the user.cfg ( or creating it in the MWO then modding it) is a troubleshooting suggestion, particularly when it may appear to be more system related than game related (such as devs have not coded a hard FPS cap).

Framerate Cap line to add to user.cfg in MWO primary folder (or create one then add line).

sys_MaxFps = 60 (or 55, 35, 30, etc)

Again, the above is simply a suggestion, while also using system tools to observe behavior.

#191 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

I went from a perfectly running game to 3 disconnects in 3 matches, frame rate reduced from the usual 40+ to 9-15 since this ********* patch...all this after giving these people $80 today.....

#192 Perkzzz

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 02 July 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Are you running in Full Screen or Full Windowed/windowed mode? Even when running at 35FPS, is your GPU being maxed out at 100%?

Right now we have very little feedback from players who are running suboptimal systems on what is working for them with regard to the FPS. Putting a cap of 60FPS on a system that is only running at 35FPS max will not work. This would be where the need to change it to a lower amount would need to be done and tested.

Unfortunately I do not have an old enough system that will run MWO. The suggestions provided, such as running in Windowed mode, vsync or modding the user.cfg ( or creating it in the MWO then modding it) is a troubleshooting suggestion, particularly when it may appear to be more system related than game related (such as devs have not coded a hard FPS cap).

Framerate Cap line to add to user.cfg in MWO primary folder (or create one then add line).

sys_MaxFps = 60 (or 55, 35, 30, etc)

Again, the above is simply a suggestion, while also using system tools to observe behavior.

Yeah, i've read this suggestion elsewhere. I'm running the game with a 30 fps cap for a while and crashes are less prevalent (from every game before, to maybe every second game now). Still unplayable. Also, seing that this workaround helped some (and even then crashes were only reduced not totally resolved) but not all players who experience the problem, that can't be it. Also, I run the game in full windowed mode and my graphics card is working hard but seems to be able to keep up. I just cannot believe that this problem still persists after such a long time.
Thanks for your effort though

Edited by Perkzzz, 15 July 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#193 RadimentriX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

i haven't played MWO in months and i just had such a nice freeze and i wonder why the **** is it still not possible to get back in a match after one has to kill the client? my mech now stands on the map, is totally healthy and useless. that's ********, seriously. if pgi can't fix that bug, why do we have to "suffer" for that?

#194 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

get the freeze once or twice a day

amd phenom II 560 black
radeon r6770
8gb ram

running near 60 fps

honestly this rig runs skyrim at high with no problems and not get warm. But this game runs intense, hopefully getting directx11 working and maybe even going through and optimizing some of the meshes would help.

It's far more resource intensive than it should be..

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 16 July 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#195 GUOLJa

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

I have this crash in every single game I play, after 1 minute. For the last several months, so I uninstall and wait some weeks and try again. My setup: Radeon HD 6990, i5- 2500K

Guys, fix this crap please.

#196 ROJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

I am getting this game freeze issue on occasions and I get a white screen at times..

#197 PanzerFurrry

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am running about the same hardware as JimmyKerrigan mentions in his previous posts.

C2D E8400 @3 GHz (stock)
2x2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz (stock)
GA-EP35C-DS3R hybrid motherboard (the one with DDR2+DDR3 support for socket 775)
Radeon 5670 1 GB with Catalyst 13.1
1 TB HDD
Windows 7 64bit, fresh install, MWO is the only game installed, since I am a Linux user and only boot to Windows for MWO. It's a fresh and up to date system in a pristine condition.

I am running MWO at low/medium setting, fullscreen at 1680x1050 and I get decent framerates 20-45.
For every patch I do the same:
-backup Omicron.log and crashdump.log
-delete shaders folder
-after the patch, I check .pak files in \Game folder with 7z test for errors
-defrag the whole drive after every patch.

I started playing in February and infrequently I was encountering system freezes (black screen or picture freeze during the match, never in mechbay). That means, I could play the whole week without freezes, but the next day I could get half a dozen freezes in one day.
And I am still getting freezes as of July 16th patch.

P.S.: Alt tabing doesn't work, limiting maxFPS=45 doesnt work, Vsync doesn't work.
If you need any more info, please let me know.

EDIT: Freeze can happen in my very first match or in a 23th. It can happen in the first couple of seconds of the match or as a last man standing. It can happen before the combat (no one is shooting), during the combat or after the combat. From what I can tell, there really is no pattern that would reproduce the freeze. The only detail I can think of is, that I get most of the freezes on Tourmaline and Forest Colony*.*

My ping is around ~150.

Edited by PanzerFurrry, 21 July 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#198 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Same issue, randomly get a black screen every 5-10 games and have to end task/process to relaunch or get back to desktop. Since most recent patch.

#199 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

NO clue if this will help. But I had Lava-Soft ad-aware running on my computer and when it kicked off it would lock up my game nothing flat.

#200 ToxicValor

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSaturn

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'm also getting this problem along with a buddy. Just random freezes, alt-tab no longer works. Has to be shut down via Task manager. :C
Real hard to get good scores during this tournament.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users