Stir and enjoy

#42 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

yeah, my max XL is still built in another com that i reguarly use... so the only thing i had in a mech that i rarely use was a 195XL, so i went with that.
If i at some point have the money for a 210 "lying around", i will drop the AMS and be happy :lol:

#43 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

ERPPC and 2 small lasers. That is all.

#44 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

LOL

That sounds....ok, i WILL have to try that ^^

#45 Brother Calidus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

My build is:

LLas, MLas SLas x2, Endo, XL195, DHS x12

Not sure why i went with the multiple laser types in the first place but it does a lot better then previous builds i had so i stuck with it.

#46 Ptrippin

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

what is the largest engine you can put in? I assume it is larger than a xl 210 being the stock is a std 175 and not a 150.

#47 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostPtrippin, on 04 February 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

what is the largest engine you can put in? I assume it is larger than a xl 210 being the stock is a std 175 and not a 150.

210 is max.

Edited by Budor, 04 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#48 Stanfy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I got a TDK, I am currently running with this build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0dd4805650bf360

I know I can switch out my PPC for a ER PPC, but that seems to make a 6% difference in cooling efficiency, and i can basically chain fire the PPC constantly on any map other than caustic.

The main concern I have when running this mech is running into SSRM lights, as others have said, so I try to stick close to the group.

I do run a COM-2D as well but I feel that build is "easymode" and not challenging enough.

I see this TDK build as basically the anti-heavy sniper light , but it will take a while to get used to its best use.

I have only had it pan out really nicely once, when I was able to get to the outer edge of the map without anyone noticing me, and while everyone was engaged at the front I kept running along the boundaries taking pot shots 2 kills 5 assists and about 340 dmg.

Again SSRM equiped lights will ruin your day.

Also not having to pay rearm costs due to all energy weapons is nice :(

EDIT: After not getting many good chances to get good shots off with the PPC, I decided so swap it for a LL and an extra ML. seems a LOT more forgiving if you miss your initial shot, although not as satisfying when you get a good solid hit.

Edited by Stanfy, 12 February 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#49 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

You don't have to pay rearm costs anyways :P

I have no idea how to work the Death's Knell. I'll also admit, it's not super-high on my list of Lights to Worry About. That list generally goes RVN-3L, (competent) Jenners, COM-2D. Death's Knells are nastier customers than Spiders, but not really something I feel warrants a lot of attention as a Dragon pilot. That's not a good indicator, really. I sorta feel bad for folks who buy it.

#50 Stanfy

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Post1453 R, on 11 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

You don't have to pay rearm costs anyways :P

REALLY?! since when thats awesome :P

#51 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostPhatel, on 23 January 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Doesn't matter what loadout you bring or use, it is not worth owning and you are hurting your team for bringing one. If you really want to give someone advice. Tell them to ask for a refund on the MC. Until Netcode and ECM/Streaks are addressed this mech is a waste of MC. It has no advantages and anything you put on it will not perform better than a light you could purchase with ECM/Streaks. I could care less if you own one but at least be honest in how bad this mech is using current game mechanics.

Let me get this straight...

You are complaining that ECM and netcode make lights so OP that anyone in such a mech becomes a nigh-invincible killing machine ("brawl assaults and win easily" "taking on 3+ mechs at once").... but you also say that any light not taking Streaks and ECM is literally a blight on your team that instantly kills any hope of winning?

You say the netcode is a shield for lights that makes them virtually impossible to hit with direct-fire weapons (which, BTW is no longer true in most cases, ask my Gauss as it cores 3Ls) but then you turn around and say that because of the netcode, any mech with ECM+Streaks is a silver bullet that rapes lights unmercifully?

Before you go being a pessimist and ripping on how "broken" X Y and Z are, at least formulate something that resembles a cohesive appearance. Not trying to be a ****, just saying no one wants to listen to you rant about this and that being broken on a thread about Death's Knell builds...

Carry on.

Edited by RagingOyster, 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#52 AgBaphomet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

4x Spls, AMS, XL200, 13 DHS

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...689e48a0c3dc9bd

It does work surprisingly well!

i even got some nice an satisfying Raven-3L-Kills with it :-D

#53 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Hi,

after few matches (when I met MANY 2Ds in opposing team) I was desperate and regreting the buy. I got over my pride and mastered it. It is great mech and with a bit (well, not really such a bit :) ) skill it is not such a problem to get down ECM raven or ECM 2D with 3 SSRMS.

I use this build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2080f71ae5f9c9d

To be honest I do not understand why are you fitting the XL engine. I tried it short after the beginnings with this mech, but I suddenly found I my deaths rate went very high. I therefore fitted an 200STD engine and it is best for me - good speed and I do not have to bother to loos the torso (which goes down very quick on the Commando:)) ).

One of best games:
Posted Image

Edited by M4jk, 15 June 2013 - 12:12 AM.

#54 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

i do have a complaint he is not as fast as some standard mechs, limited as only lasers and does very little damage other light mechs own him.

#55 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

well uhm... insert a big engine and he will be as fast or faster as any other mech.

mine runs with a 210XL and 4 Med pulse.
It's a fun mech to play, what deals decent damage and can hold it's own against any other mech.

(maybe not RVN-3Ls.... )

#56 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Ok i got the 205 std extra kph changed it for the better, i was able to retain full armor and heat efficiency was more or less the same. Engine was so cheap and i heard the complaints of the std vs xl, i might get the xl someday try get 2 large lasers lol.

DEATH'S KNELL

Edited by omegaorgun, 05 March 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#57 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

#58 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Omega, you WILL want an XL. the increase of free tons for loadout always makes XLs a necessary change for any light.
And XL210 or XL195 (the by far best/most fitting engines for commandos) will take you back by a lot, but they are worth it.

#59 Ice Cream Mech

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

For me the best mix is:

4 Med las
xl195
14 dbl heat sinks
shave 1 point armor off each leg. Have just a bit more armor in front than back since they'll be firing at you mostly as you run away
Mix with an average pilot
Here's average result

Posted Image

#60 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

4 large lasers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users