[Delivered!] Tips On Loading Screen!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

This is pretty elementary, but would help a LOT with:

- The vets/commanders not having to type their fingers off starting every match, repeating simple guidelines every single time
- The quality of PUG matches would rise, less disorganization, more enjoyable matches
- Reduce rage at teammates because of huge mistakes/poor tactical choices

These frustrations will just rise with CW introduced, as people will no longer feel indifferent if they win or not, and the blame game will rise to the whole another level.

Here are a few, tips could be selected randomly.

My own:
  • Stick with the meat of your team! Let the lights go alone, they are scouts, and can get out of situations you cant!
  • You run faster, but die faster with XL engine, chose wisely! (For all the XL atlas players I've seen)

View PostGrimlox, on 23 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

• Do NOT fire off your weapons at the start of the match. Wait until the team spreads a bit then check your radar and if no one is near then fire into the ground immediately in front of you.
  • Do NOT shoot through your teammates in an effort to get the killing blow on a crippled enemy.
  • Do NOT walk in front of your teammates that are firing their weapons, Always take the extra second to walk behind your teammates line of fire.
  • In a situation where multiple teammates are firing on an enemy do NOT try to give the enemy a big hug in your effort to alpha their face. You are blocking your teammates line of fire, causing them to either waste time or shoot you. That one kill could cost you the match with the friendly fire you take and the extra time to kill your target while your teammates are likely being fired upon.
  • Do NOT chase the lone light.damaged mech while the rest of your team is engaged in a brawl with the rest of their team. Half of your team running after a crippled light mech will get the other half of your team killed as they are outnumbered 7-4 on the front lines.
  • Do NOT crowd up behind your teammates in a narrow area and attack in a lineup using your teammates as a meatshield. This will result in your team getting focus fired and dropped 1 by 1 while you are unable to bring the bulk of your firepower to bear. Spread out and allow your teammates room/time to form up.
  • Do NOT body block your teammates that are trying to backpedal or otherwise escape fire.
  • Be aware of your teammates movement. Some styles involve your teammates circling the enemy mech and firing as they go. Time your attacks to have a small gap as your teammate passes your line of fire and continues circling the target
  • If you have multiple teammates attacking a single target remember this one golden rule. The mech being targeted by the enemy always has the right of way. Your teammate is taking the brunt of the attack for you, give them consideration in firing lane, and maneuvering room.
  • If you are being targeted by multiple mechs seek out teammates and call for help, use as much cover as possible, and lead the multiple mechs away from the fight if you cannot rejoin your team. If you are tying up 2+ enemies with your 1 mech then your team has an advantage.
  • If you are a fast mech and the base is under attack in assault then head to your base and buy some time while asking for backup while you are enroute.
  • Do NOT run off on your own and die. Accidents happen while scouting, but don't get caught by groups of enemies for no good reason.
  • DO stay with your team for mutual support and play WITH them while utilizing the advice above.
  • When you die be a team player and relay the last things you saw before you died (enemy position, composition, etc.) and offer any helpful advice to those teammates that may be missing vital information you can relay through spectator mode.

View PostSoda Popinsky, on 01 February 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

• The mouse only aims, it doesn't steer. Steer with WASD

View PostJabilo, on 01 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

• PPCs and LRMs have a minimum range.
I can't count the number of people who kept throwing lrms 100m away, so yes.

Feel free to add. Posted Image

Edited by Chavette, 16 April 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#2 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Bump so the ones who need to will see it.

#3 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

Last bump.

#4 Praeses

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

I agree, and I hate when almost everyone start to shoot their lasers as they advance (lasers can be seen from a great distance... you are just telling the enemy where most of you are...)

I don't agree with the last one, dead men don't talk, that's a golden rule in multiplayer games, even if your team end up loosing you shouldn't give them any info if you are dead because well.... you are dead

#5 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostPraeses, on 01 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

I agree, and I hate when almost everyone start to shoot their lasers as they advance (lasers can be seen from a great distance... you are just telling the enemy where most of you are...)

I don't agree with the last one, dead men don't talk, that's a golden rule in multiplayer games, even if your team end up loosing you shouldn't give them any info if you are dead because well.... you are dead

Well its just for the tips, and the tips give you tips about the current state of the game.
I'd normally agree with "no chat when dead", except premades who are on TS could still talk... so it would be another goal for them.

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Nobody reads those. Well, if you're into the game you start to, but only to laugh about how outdated/wrong they are.

#7 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 February 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Nobody reads those. Well, if you're into the game you start to, but only to laugh about how outdated/wrong they are.

Ofc they do, what more, in LoL they made it hang over the top of the screen for 10 seconds after the actual game has started, trust me, it would get read...

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostChavette, on 01 February 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Ofc they do, what more, in LoL they made it hang over the top of the screen for 10 seconds after the actual game has started, trust me, it would get read...

I still think they wouldn't considering the massive training button that takes up half teh screen when you launch the game and you still have people who never bothered to click on it.

#9 Praeses

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 February 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

I still think they wouldn't considering the massive training button that takes up half teh screen when you launch the game and you still have people who never bothered to click on it.

The training button is a lie! xD

I used once because I started to play after a specific patch and I started to see a lot of new icons and I didn't understand what they meant and I went to the big button and not a single faq was given ... about those icons

#10 Soda Popinsky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

How about "The mouse only aims, it doesn't steer. Steer with WASD." That's useful for really really new people who don't bother with training.

#11 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Good idea, but as well as tactics it should be really basic things such as "PPCs and LRMs have a minimum range".

You guys are vets and probably forget what it was like to be new and not know even basic stuff like this.

#12 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Awesome, remember to keep adding to it as new features appear in game!

The lance Health meter automatically organizes itself to contain your dropping 4man group, love that!

Its the little things that make a difference(and personally keep me playing).

Now, how about some further tweaks and munching trough these?

http://mwomercs.com/...89#entry1850189

;)

Edited by Chavette, 16 April 2013 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users