3Rd Person Views, Poll Revived

565 replies to this topic

Poll: 3rd person, yes, no, on the fence (1769 member(s) have cast votes)

3rd person Views

1. This is a BAD idea, as it will break the game, so, NO. (1535 votes [84.90%])

Percentage of vote: 84.90%

2. This is a GOOD Idea, let us have our 3rd person views, so YES. (129 votes [7.13%])

Percentage of vote: 7.13%

3. Do not care or as of yet undecided. (144 votes [7.96%])

Percentage of vote: 7.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#561 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 06 April 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Does anybody else think that the player preference for Team Death Match is greater that that for 3rd Person View? And related to that, which is more likely to split the player base?

I dont get the hate for TDM... its a player mode, if you dont like it, DONT FRAKKING PLAY IT
Like Assault, if you dont like conquest, pick assault only. Why is this so intellectually challenging?

#562 l4Dl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

PGi Logic:

1. Create a game which relied on MechWarrior fans to fund $5+million.

2. Realise how much money they made doing this.

3. Realise how much bigger the market is outside of the current playerbase.

4. Convert the game from "MechWarrior" to "Casual Warrior".

5. Ignore all the previous founders/funders, who made this project possible.

6. On the "off chance" new players will come in, and, spend more money based on "initial testing"

7. Wave bye bye to MWO, Good luck getting a founders refund.

Feel free to delete this post once you've read it. With any luck, it might hit home and make you realise what a stupid suggestion 3rd person view is.

#563 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

View Postl4Dl, on 06 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

7. Wave bye bye to MWO, Good luck getting a founders refund.

I tried to get a refund like a month out of CB because I was in Maine and didnt have internet.
My grandfather apparently picked an inconvenient time to die after 4 years battling with squamish small cell throat cancer and I had to go from my home in Florida to my mom's in Maine (no internet, she lives in the boonies). I left a month before the game went OB and came back the month after. I sent out the email asking for the refund before I left but when I came back, they told me that even though I was at a funeral for my grandfather (whom I lived for the past decade), then stuck up there because of Hurricane/superstorm Sandy, I was ****** for this charge.
Apparently that wasnt a good enough excuse

#564 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostTarget Rich, on 06 April 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Cannot figure this game out lately....It looks like mw...but it really now since the last month's work...seems more like gears of war...twitchy twitchy....

I say this because what I am seeing here is NOT battletech....

In battletech...the pilots have nerohelmets...from which they are DIRECTLY connected to the mech's sensors...in essence they BECOME the mech as a second skin...so they do NOT play the pilot view as in a modern jet plane or a tank....they have the full range of senses just like a person.

I say this because this game right now is FUNDAMENTALLY flawed compared to past MW games...It is a first person shooter that uses mech skins...pure and simple....and frankly it does not even have the diversity of weapons of a normal FPS.

I say this because so many features of a normal MW game are broken here...

The radar...which is a key sensor suite...does not work...PERIOD. I play a missile game...thus I rely on the pos radar...which does not work at all. My game is avoid and shoot....and with the worthless radar in this game...you have mechs popping up randomly on your six that never show up on radar....In most cases I am looking at a 5 second max on the damn units even showing up on the radar at all..

That kind of stuff doesn't matter to the in your face shooter guys...and the long range sniper guys cause all of these fools are playing a visual game...nope this kind of sensor question is for the guys who play the indirect...lay and shoot based on sensor game...and the sensor suite in this game is a total POS.. the BAP does not work...PERIOD... the ecm obliterates ALL Radar...and the basic radar is modled so very poorly that it forces all players into nothing but a visual game...

That's sad...because MW is supposed to be about a variety of different styles all coming together in team play...Frankly Chromehounds should be the model here...It adhered to the MW5 model we were beta testing...and substituted a future war between three nations using different skins for the mechs in place of the galaxy clan invasion motif that FASA stole from the Roman Succession Wars... In chromehounds...you KNEW where your opponents were on radar...yes you could use power down...but you had DECENT radar....in which you could target your friends and foes...friends to keep close and foes to prepare for. In addition...you EARNED parts....and you had a reasonable rate of earning credits.... that kept people interested with different mechs and an almost infinite level of builds. I could go on and on...but the basics in that game were the dream of every MW player...

This game right now reminds me of MW2...in its early stages...It looks battletech...but it is so very broken...that it's difficult to play...

Hope that the final game is more playable...and gives players some other options than sniping and dod....

And third person....I prefer FPS mode...but I really like the third person cause I like to see that mech I spent weeks of game play to earn....

but then I am more of a battletech purist...having beta tested MW3, 4, and 5....as well as MC1 and 2...

spend 15,000 GXP and some extreme C-bills to fix your radar... oh right, that is a dumb idea because a full 360 radar is basic gear like a modern day car's airbag or seat belt..... this game has too many issues to survive much longer like this.

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 06 April 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

I tried to get a refund like a month out of CB because I was in Maine and didnt have internet.
My grandfather apparently picked an inconvenient time to die after 4 years battling with squamish small cell throat cancer and I had to go from my home in Florida to my mom's in Maine (no internet, she lives in the boonies). I left a month before the game went OB and came back the month after. I sent out the email asking for the refund before I left but when I came back, they told me that even though I was at a funeral for my grandfather (whom I lived for the past decade), then stuck up there because of Hurricane/superstorm Sandy, I was ****** for this charge.
Apparently that wasnt a good enough excuse

this right here proves that PGI gives 0 ***ts about the players. Sorry about your grandfather, may he rest in peace man.

#565 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostBuddahcjcc, on 20 April 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

wow, this is still here lol

Thank PGI's "Ignore" skill level (OMG it's over 9000!) :P for that.

#566 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

3rd person will always be exploited, if you want 3rd person in the game, make a console version and use it there.

Keep it out of PC gaming.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users