455 replies to this topic

#1 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

A very good friend of mine runs a gaming center, he has xbox's, ps3's and pc gaming systems, he also has a room out the back for table top gaming n stuff.

The reason for this post is to make the clan players aware of the damage they are doing to this game by doing 4 man sync drops so they are an 8 man group against pugs, you are making potentially new players turn away from this game and turn to other games, i have seen it with my own eyes. If you wish to be the only players of mwo then you are going in the right direction but i think the dev's might have something to say about it tho.

But seriously peeps, dont kill the game by massaging your ego's, yea its fun but this type of fun is all 1 sided and if it carries on i'm sure the games populous will dissolve only leaving behind the egotistic, statistic crazy, selfish arrogant players.

I have seen at least 20 people that play MW TT get excited about playing MWO then when they actually play its all good until they realise that pug grps are mixed with pre-mades and that in some games the opposition consists of pure pre-mades against pugs and their response to the game and the matchmaking is not very pleasant. So those that are doing this sync dropping thing please stop i would at least like to see this game get to public release, go find some other game to flex your ego.

#2 Jape

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

This needs to be fixed with matchmaking, not by players stopping playing in groups. Players can't be expected to fix the game.

#3 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Even a rank system couldn't save this game right now.

dealing with the 5 stages of grief.

Right now we're on Bargaining, but as soon as PGI does it's next major failure we'll be at depression and acceptance.

#4 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't distinguish BattleTech from MechWarrior.

#5 Ares Morgan

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Well sometimes it just happens by accident. In my Unit (HHoD) we offen have 6-8 4 mans running at the same time and sometimes we happen to find ourselvs on the sameside at another 4 man HHoD group, but more offen than that we go up against each other instead.
Its not like i dont agree that some sync drops happen but that is more in 8 mans because people like to play aranged fights.

#6 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostJape, on 29 January 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

This needs to be fixed with matchmaking, not by players stopping playing in groups. Players can't be expected to fix the game.

Yes this is all on the devs. They have to set the rules and enforce them.

#7 Nuclear Weapon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 280 posts
  • LocationLa Isla Bonita

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostNuclear Weapon, on 28 January 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

UNINSTALLING...

LOL...

8 man is broken... what you really want is an 8 man that Works so ppl stop sync dropping... otherwise you want IN-GAME VOICE CHAT that Works on EVERY DROP with the CURRENT TEAM.

Try to re-think your post please <_<

#8 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

ELO matchmaking.

that is all.

[did I mention it comes with a full stat wipe?]

#9 Dr Killinger

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostAres Morgan, on 29 January 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Well sometimes it just happens by accident. In my Unit (HHoD) we offen have 6-8 4 mans running at the same time and sometimes we happen to find ourselvs on the sameside at another 4 man HHoD group, but more offen than that we go up against each other instead.
Its not like i dont agree that some sync drops happen but that is more in 8 mans because people like to play aranged fights.

Shouldn't you rather be dropping into 8 mans? I mean, you have enough members, just curious as to why you're still doing 4 mans? I'm actually starting to think that a 4 man in itself is too much of an advantage to pit against a group of puggers.

I agree with OP 100%, and I really hope that matchmaking phase 3 fixes this.

#10 GODzillaGSPB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

The game knows when there are groups, doesn't it? It drops them together, so it should know it obviously. I think as long as there is just ONE full or partially full 4 man in a PUG match the game should simply show the players as it normally does. No changes.

But when two groups are in the game and in the same team, the scoreboard should show it. I'm not demanding any repercussions, just show them. Let's see if they continue their behavior for everyone to watch them do it. <_<

#11 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostJape, on 29 January 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

I'm not asking players to stop playing in grps, im asking to clans to stop doing 2x 4 man pre-made sync drops.......simples......<_<

#12 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 29 January 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

ELO matchmaking.

that is all.

[did I mention it comes with a full stat wipe?]

No.

The same number of premades on both sides, or no premade at all.

Simple. Effective. Straightforward.

#13 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 29 January 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

No.

The same number of premades on both sides, or no premade at all.

Simple. Effective. Straightforward.

No

You are a PuG, you are padding for existing units, that is your point of being.

if you don't like it, tough, the devs have told you what you get if you choose to pug.

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostSiorAlpin Wolf, on 29 January 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

The reason for this post is to make the clan players aware of the damage they are doing to this game by doing 4 man sync drops so they are an 8 man group against pugs, you are making potentially new players turn away from this game and turn to other games, i have seen it with my own eyes. If you wish to be the only players of mwo then you are going in the right direction but i think the dev's might have something to say about it tho.
You know it was the Clan players that made this game more fun for me. As a Pug, it gave me goal to shoot for. they were someone to beat, and learn from. I don't understand this "level" playing field everyone wants. I want both groups that are better than me to keep me from getting complacent, and groups that are newer than me so I can have my "Shoop da Woop" fun.

So I just wonder what is the thinking that we all have to be equal? When we get rolstomped we just go back to the bay and say, "Lets try that again... only better."

#15 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

I don't get the part with the "gaming center".

#16 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

You are a little paranoic about seeing 2x4 Premades everywhere Soir Alpine Wolf.

You have been accusing now twice when i was in a Premade and we had definitely the rest
filled up with Pugs. But they were guided to work with the Premade together.

We blasted your Team especially you when you came out soloing sneaking from behind.
( Advanced Sensor range + 360 Degree Module is realy nice btw) And got a AC/20 directly in your Cockpit...
But Big Al was on interception as well..

Then you flamed about your own team how lame they are ( which is annoying for YOUR team at least)
then at the End:
Yeah sure 4x2 Premade of course we lost.

The Other Game i was solo Pugin and hang together with 3 others worked as Team.. it was nearly the same.
You flamed when you started to be on the losing End of the Stick, especially your own team.

Don't you realise that this is discouraging and annoying this behaviour is?
In the Best Case it won't do anything, in most cases it will make it for your Team worse,
and you are playing Lonewolf without Teamtactics, as far as i noticed your Playstyle.
Every Pug can work Teamtactics and thats the key to success in MW:O.
( i do this and then i am even better then when i am working in a Premade as i can concentrate better).

A good Premade team will use the Pug flow to go with them, to support them and work with them.
In the actual game were i Headshotted you, we make a stand with our Bralwer D-DC at D4 on Frozen City
as Left Wing Anchor, for the Team in D3 our LRM D-DC was a little behind as Cover and as reserve,
our Brawler went into the Caverns as we had 2-3 Pugs running there to support them and give us intel, meanwhile i went on the Ridge and gave some fire at your team to lure them over the Ridge so that the storming Pug's wouldn't go into a Trap.
( You were sitting arrogantly on a nice high Spot so you got a full Alpha from me to soften your Headarmor and CT and you couldn't even shot back so fast i was gone again).
Your Team reacted as expected and started to storm the Ridge, to look for the Phract and they came sorted after the Speed into the two Atlas Anchor to buy our Pug's time. Lucky 2 Pugs joined the defence, while our Teammates together with the other two Pugs came from behind.
You had been spotted running over line 5/6 and came out as expected behind a Building, in a straight line. My Phract went into interception, but after a greeting with my AC/20 i could turn around and keep your storming Teammates Busy, which were Steamrolled from behind.

Thats how it works when a 4 Man Premade uses the PuG to work with. And there are several good Premades out there doing this, and it looks often that it is a 4x2 Premade but in reality there are simply 2-3 Pugs with Brains and a Premade using the Brains they got offered. When i am playing Premade i often find myself that i forget the Intel and Chat work for the whole Team so the we are only one Lance. Thats a bad behaviour, and when i give again Intel, small Strategies to the whole Team, not only to the Premade it is a 90% win because we work together with 6-7 Mechs instead of 4.

So at least in two cases you have been wrong about the 4x2 Premades... that has been when i was your enemy and can confirm that there wasn't a 4x2 Premade.
Maybe some better working with your Teammates would be wiser.

Edited by Elkarlo, 29 January 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#17 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostThorn Hallis, on 29 January 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

Basically OP is saying that because his friend runs a gaming center, he's seen "The death of MWO" due to people trying it and getting stomped.

#18 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

View PostDr Killinger, on 29 January 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Shouldn't you rather be dropping into 8 mans? I mean, you have enough members, just curious as to why you're still doing 4 mans? I'm actually starting to think that a 4 man in itself is too much of an advantage to pit against a group of puggers.

I agree with OP 100%, and I really hope that matchmaking phase 3 fixes this.

It is because 8mans are broken. D-DC turret wars. If it forced a 2-2-2-2 IMO it would go a long ways in helping. I don't do 8mans b/c I don't have and do not want to have the "required" setup in order to contribute. Idk bout y'all but 2x Lyran Scout Lance isnt too fun

#19 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

You know, ive been accused of sync dropping when Ive been going solo tbh....

A lot of it is that people who are very good are getting thrown in with complete newbies and it becomes a curb stomp.

Even going solo I win most games, so I disagree with this whole its a premade conspiracy nonsense we just need decent matchmaking that stops throwing newbies into the slaughter with verterans with every mech on master all modules and no life <_<

#20 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 29 January 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for the point, too.

BT: i don't appreciate 2x4 premade teams syncdropping. However i don't get the point why it should be evil to drop with some mates?
I can hardly do anything when the other 4 players in my team are premades too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users