Would A "salvage Point System" Possibly Add The Metagame Balance To Make Clan Tech Available, Yet Not Op And Game Breaking "must Have"?

65 replies to this topic

Poll: Salvage (122 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be infavor of Clan Equipment being ONLY made available via a "Salvage Pt Sytem" (one that can only be affected by your battle performance, not purchased)

1. YES! (49 votes [40.16%])

Percentage of vote: 40.16%

2. NO! (28 votes [22.95%])

Percentage of vote: 22.95%

3. Hmmmm... possibly, BUT..... (34 votes [27.87%])

Percentage of vote: 27.87%

4. No NO NO! I want it all right now!!!!! (4 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

5. Different answer/opinion, will explain in post. (7 votes [5.74%])

Percentage of vote: 5.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'd love to see the salvage mechanic expanded greatly, even with Inner Sphere 'Mechs.

We need more carrots on sticks - players love rewards for playing. Expanding salvage with loot for rare, improved weapons ie

Clan tech

unique Inner Sphere weapons like a Defiance B3M Medium laser which provides a bonus like +1 damage to armor, but creates +.5 heat over the standard medium lasers. Normal mech sensors would pick it up as a standard medium laser on the target readout, Beagle active probe would identify it as a unique medium laser.

After a battle a MechWarrior has a chance to receive a salvaged chassis if they made a kill. Salvaged chassis can be opened by basic techs for free and provide a random amount of c-bills. Hiring advanced techs with MC or large sum of C-bills gives a chance for boosted C-bill earning, or the chance for a unique weapon, or in the case of a clan Chassis, salvaged Clan tech.

In order to install Clan Tech on an Inner Sphere chassis, the player must purchase a module that takes a module slot that allows the installation of Clan weapons/equipment.

Edited by DocBach, 05 February 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#62 KuruptU4Fun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

It's not where it comes from, it's not about reverse engineering. It's about the decision of PGI to stick to the timeline of BT's history. The clans were around for a short time until their Khan was killed by a random pilot smashing into their flagship. This started the withdraw of all the clans to fight over the right to become the next Khan. That "retreat" gave the IS time to re-create the Clan tech and pass it around to all the Houses. The backwards engineering was simply a stepping stone to that end point. This was some research I did on the history myself, simply abbreviated as best as possible then my opinion on it.

View PostKuruptU4Fun, on 15 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'm taking most of my information off of this link:

http://bg.battletech...iverseGuide.pdf
Starting on page 13, I'll abbreviate as best I can. The Clan invasion started in March of 3050, hammering the Draconis Combine, Free Rasalhauge Replublic and the Lyrian side of the Federated Commonwealth. Then in October of 3050 a Rasalhaugian pilot slammed her ship into a Clan Flagship, Killing the Clan's war leader known as the IlKhan. From that point the Clans pulled out of the Inner Sphere to debate who the new Ilkhan would be. This created some time for the IS to join forces against the Clans whose return came in November of 3051. From that point the Clans declared their intent was to conquer Terra. This attack by the Clans culminated to the battle of Tukayyid in May of 3052, which brought the Clan invasion to a halt.

So what can we take from this as a possibility for the introduction of the Clans? Simply that the larger possibility that the Clans invasion will be "told" to us in the IS until October of 3050. It's likely that from March to September that PGI will introduce the mechs that will be available in the beginning of October. Giving PGI time to create the models needed in order for us to actually play. Once that starts the Clan mechs will be able to fight IS troops for around 6 months, then go to infighting among themselves for quite some time. If PGI intends to follow the history and timeline of the BT universe (which they are required to do unless given permission. Their only choice from that point would be to change their 1:1 timeline into something faster to bring about the advance of newer technologies.

If you have an opinion, by all means let's discuss.

While it was only briefly discussed, here's the thread itself.
http://mwomercs.com/...start-of-march/

Edited by KuruptU4Fun, 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#63 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 05 February 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

I don't think Clan tech will be available to IS mechs. If they follow canon, clan tech doesn't get fielded by IS units for another 8 years or so. It would make no sense to add a potentially game breaking element especially when it breaks canon.

They will most likely keep IS mechs (using IS tech) vs. Clan mechs (at reduced numbers like 8 vs. 5).

The Red Corsair had Clan Tech on IS 'mechs as early as 3054.

#64 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

No, this does absolutely nothing to address drop imbalance between mechs loaded with clan tech and those without it. It simply creates a large playtime barrier between winning automatically and not.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostShumabot, on 05 February 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

No, this does absolutely nothing to address drop imbalance between mechs loaded with clan tech and those without it. It simply creates a large playtime barrier between winning automatically and not.

your reading comprehension skills must seriously be called into question then.

#66 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

we already have newbies against mastered fully moduled mechs. would it really be fair if those who won against the clans more get the tech to further steam roll the begginer mechs?

just have 3x price on them so everyone can earn a fair share of the cake.

2c over and out.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users