83 replies to this topic

#81 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

I can't seem to get the PPC's in my awesome to work properly either that or they're one of the most overhyped weapons in game. I just can't seem to any decent damage with them and yes i am landing my shots and they are hitting the enemy but the damage just seems naff. fitting a pair of them to the blackjack or cicada seems to work better than the famous PPC boat.

In one match last night i did about 638 odd damage with my 8Q with 3xPPC's and 4xML. My awesome largely went unnoticed through the whole match and i got through with about 82% health at the end but i only had one kill and i'm pretty sure that my mediums getting the killing blow. Now i'm trying to remember if the PPC is now a spread weapon in one of the patches last year. But it looks like it must as my 8Q loaded out with LPL instead of the PPC's is a wrecking ball.

Is my awesome broken when it comes to PPC's?

#82 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

View Postmad kat, on 27 January 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

I can't seem to get the PPC's in my awesome to work properly either that or they're one of the most overhyped weapons in game. I just can't seem to any decent damage with them and yes i am landing my shots and they are hitting the enemy but the damage just seems naff. fitting a pair of them to the blackjack or cicada seems to work better than the famous PPC boat.

In one match last night i did about 638 odd damage with my 8Q with 3xPPC's and 4xML. My awesome largely went unnoticed through the whole match and i got through with about 82% health at the end but i only had one kill and i'm pretty sure that my mediums getting the killing blow. Now i'm trying to remember if the PPC is now a spread weapon in one of the patches last year. But it looks like it must as my 8Q loaded out with LPL instead of the PPC's is a wrecking ball.

Is my awesome broken when it comes to PPC's?

The PPC is not a spread weapon, though the Clan ERPPC does 10 points of main damage and splits 2.5 across 2 adjacent components.

What is your ping? High ping = more lag, and that can produce odd effects with weapons like ballistics and PPC's, which fire a "shot" that may hit or miss. Lasers, which hit immediate across the entire beam, and guided missiles (which are guided and thus don't miss as much), may perform better under those conditions. Some experimentation may be in order on the training grounds or in more games.

PPC's do take more effort to get to work than lasers, but the focused damage is good compensation. Good luck.

#83 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 27 January 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

The PPC is not a spread weapon.
PPC's do take more effort to get to work than lasers, but the focused damage is good compensation. Good luck.

Ping is fine usually around 98. The ppc does hit but not much seems to happen. Even if i lay into a target with chain fire on they just seem to be able to take it. Now the ac10 you could argue is a comparitive weapon and the damage that inflicts is night and day above the ppc.

As i said too put lpl in the mech and suddenly enemy components start falling off. :s

#84 RvDusty

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in outer space looking for worthy enemies to fight!

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 27 January 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

What is your ping? High ping = more lag, and that can produce odd effects with weapons like ballistics and PPC's, which fire a "shot" that may hit or miss. Lasers, which hit immediate across the entire beam, and guided missiles (which are guided and thus don't miss as much), may perform better under those conditions. Some experimentation may be in order on the training grounds or in more games.

No matter how low your ping is PPC's will always seem to miss when you shot someones side torso or arm even if you hit it.
Posibly thats because the projectile animation runs slower than the actual projectile but no one can be sure why this hapens and there is a great variety of explanations that people can give.
jectiles will always seem to miss even if they hit the target

Edited by FORCEFUL EAGLE, 29 January 2015 - 06:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users