End Of Round / Death / Scoreboard Screen

v1.2.182

181 replies to this topic

#41 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Missing game start countdown.

Screens information is o.k., need to see kills in TAB status screen.

Layout too cluttered, I support making own results more visible.

A feature to add players to friends list in end screen is a great idea! I'd hope for that in a future update.

So, some steps in a good direction. I expect that we will get used to some layout peculiarities after a few more matches.

#42 HRR Insanity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Death screen:

Damage source should be shown. At least I'd like to know if I was taking damage from friendly vs. foe (or how many different foes).

Basically, the combat log is highly simplistic. There should also be a game time-stamp so you know which end of the log is up.

Start up screen:

Sometimes it doesn't stay for very long because everyone loads. Have it stay until closed manually. Even if that covers the pretty start-up sequence.

Edited by HRR Insanity, 05 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#43 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Basically it can all boil down to this, make the most important info display first and clearly.

Highlight the user name.

In game score screen should put primary focus on Name - Kills - Pings - Death / Alive

Same goes for end of game screen. Primary focus on the stats that matter, and if people want more info put the details in there, just not as an element that clutters up the prime details.

#44 MechMacaw

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

It looks awesome

People may complain that its harder to quickly look, but its basically just as easy (for me anyways). The fade is nice and definately short enough. You also have to remember this is a new UI and you just need to get used to it just like you had to get used to the old one when you first started playing

#45 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Score seems to put light mechs at a disadvantage as it seems to be purely based on damage ...
even if I (in my Commando) would be one of the few people who scored a kill,
I would be the last one in the score list due to making less damage than the other (heavier) mechs

Edited by Elessar, 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#46 NightVark

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Overall - Love it.

For us older folks with poor eyesight - please could the mech listing be in a slightly larger font size - or an easier to read font - or both!

Less cluttered would be good.

Agree that combat log needs time stamp or similar

Thank you

#47 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostSteelbuns, on 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

It looks awesome

People may complain that its harder to quickly look, but its basically just as easy (for me anyways). The fade is nice and definately short enough. You also have to remember this is a new UI and you just need to get used to it just like you had to get used to the old one when you first started playing

You don't think that not being able to see number of kills while the match is going is a problem? Or the added effects fade that makes the screen take about a second longer to load? Embellishing elements in a manner that makes it harder to actually quickly grab information is bad UI...plain and simple.

As far as the fade in effect for the score screen, at least give an option to disable that. It's literally almost a second before I can actually read the information that I want to quickly grab.

Edited by OvenRude, 05 February 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#48 Theevenger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I like the new death information, but I really wish that we could see our Mech get destroyed like we were able to before. I found myself disoriented when the death screen came up too rapidly. I also don't like how we get the "action cam" treatment when zooming around our Mech in the .5 seconds we can see it. I liked being able to see it from a more distant point of view as it exploded, so I could understand how I died without a bunch of flash that looked more like Call of Duty than the more mature and tactical MW.

#49 LagomorphPrime

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

When typing in the pre-match screen if you are mid-sentence and it switches to the power-up animation your text is lost and you have to retype it.

End of round screen sometimes double-posts someone's text.

Pause after last mech on a team is killed seems to stretch out really long before bringing up end of game screen sometimes.

#50 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

The scoreboard in active combat!

U just couldnt leave well enough alone could u.. It was simple fast and easy to gather info from..

Now its a slow visual mess that i'm gonna have to quit using unless i have at least 5 seconds on my hands to try and read it..

There was nothing wrong at all with the previous one.. I worked just fine.. I conveyed important info fast and easily. IT WASN'T BROKEN..

So why on gods earth did u [REDACTED] have to go and [REDACTED] it all up???

It was simple straightforward and easy to use.. Now its slow clunky and hard to read quickly...

Having to wait precious seconds while it fades in and out is [REDACTED]..

Totally [REDACTED] unnecessary GFX are a distraction. Smaller Print makes it harder to read in a hurry..

Why do u guys have this bad habit of goin and [REDACTED] with things that arent broken??

But hey on the bright side i now have a new key to remap.. Anyone with ideas of what i should remap the <TAB> key to?

#51 JPsi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Suggestions:
Add the following buttons next to each players name in post game lobby.

Add Friend: Sends an invite
Report Player: Opens a message window for details of reportable behaviour to be given and submitted.

#52 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Absolutely love the new death/endgame system. The combat log could use a bit more clarity I think (especially hit locations), but other than that the ability to chat, the availability of stats, and all the other nice things about it are amazing. KUDOS PGI.

#53 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Tab scoreboard is a freaking nightmare. You have completely ruined something useful in the game. I am with JadePanther on this, I have 0 use for a hard to read board to find out who is alive on my team and the enemy team. This used to take less than a second to glean useful data now it is a multicolored pukefest. Save your fancy crap for the beginning and end of the game, but in-game make it simple to read!

#54 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

• Pressing Tab to see score should render considerably faster. The 1-2 second lag is unacceptable.
    • Running nVidia 560TIs with 1.5G ram and latest drivers.
  • Mechs remaining alive needs to be visible at the top of the screen above the nav bar.
  • The number of kills a person has needs to be show in the Scoreboard screen during a match to effectively target that mech (this is a strategy game)
  • Using TS3 push to talk with the "x" key and the start and end of the match assumes I want to type and spams the chat bar with "x". Use the standard configuration with the rest of the UI with those keys to initiate chat.
  • Definitely need repeatable backspace/delete on press in current pre/post game chat ui
  • Don't keep moving the placement of your team at the post game depending on if you win or lose. Leave the users team on the top regardless of the game status. Makes it easier to navigate.
So far, I enjoy the changes. Just need some tweaking, ladies and gents :(

#55 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I have two issues with this.

- it's slower. I mean both loading up after the match ends and just general operation it has a small lag to it.

- I died once and typed something in, while typing said thing into the chat window the spectate button went away. This left me locked in on my death screen. The spectate button should never go away.

- It is a lot nicer then the old one. I'd give it 4/5 stars on the scale (5 being highest).

#56 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

I like the layout of the new menus and the information provided... they look very polished and "fit" with the rest of the game very well.

I do find it is a little hard to get the info at a quick glance though... it would be nice if my own player name scoreboard row was highlighted in some way... the old scoreboard showed performance in order across both teams... the new scoreboard is broken down into 2 teams... that is ok but just takes some getting used to.

the player info tab is really nice... i like the tally of the score and xp... also nice to see that "what you could be getting" box for the non premium time users. nice touch to see that.

the you just got killed screen is way awesome... i love seeing the battle log and also like having time to analyze how my mech was destroyed... so much info there... fabulous! i like the fact that i now can click if i wish to spectate.

The Tab score in game is a little rough... i find it very difficult to quickly gauge how many team members are still alive on my team... maybe just because it is different and i'm not used to it yet.

#57 Grayzzur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

The old end-of-match screen highlighted your name amongst the rest. The new screen does not, and I find it hard to find myself in the list. It would be nice if it were a lighter shade of gray or stood out from the rest somehow.

#58 WaKK0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Would like to add one more...

Its cool that you broke out the explanation of CBill and XP; however, it would be nice to see the summation totals on the primary display tally screen instead of needing to click on a button to see the explanations.

Thanks!

#59 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I like being able too see my paper doll at time of death and what killed me. However, I would like to see damage values included.

The pause before the end-of-game screen pops up is much too long. At first I thought the game had frozen.

The animation that plays when I press tab for the scoreboard in-game is unnecessary. Just pop up and then back down. None of that flickering crap. It's 3050.

After a match has ended, it takes too long before the same mech you used is ready to drop again. The delay is noticeably longer now.

#60 Amigoid

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDenver

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

I have a major problem in that I use "e" for my Teamspeak mic and when I am in these screens, the chat window is always active, so anytime I try to talk I get eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

78 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 78 guests, 0 anonymous users