End Of Round / Death / Scoreboard Screen

v1.2.182

181 replies to this topic

#121 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I can read pretty fast, thus I exit fast.

I want my mech back faster than the slowest reader/afk person decides to exit out.

#122 Nytemare

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

Looks very pretty. I like the stats breakouts and additional info.

Need to (re-)add the highlight for yourself to make you easier to find at a glance.

Seems to take forever to load the intro/outro screens though.
And Mechs seem to stay "in a match" for an eternity between drops. That may be a function of the new matchmaking, though.

#123 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Love the scoreboard. Needs a little improvement.

I'm finding it hard to work out which is me.
Having my name in say red would help.

Also on the Death Screen. It tells you how you died. e.g. XL Engine exploded. But It doesn't say what weapon I was hit with that caused the engine to explode.

Is this able to be implemented ?

Thanks again.

#124 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

The end of round screen should indicate who dropped into the match together.

#125 Rebel Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostThontor, on 06 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

It does show what weapon killed you, but its not very clear

Right in the middle is a list of the last few things you took damage from... I believe the bottom is the most recent and therefore the thing that killed you.

Ah if that be the case. I agree it's not very clear.

#126 Chauneko

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Locationwhat should be a cold place

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

All in all it is a much shinier (everyone loves shinies, right?!) display of many things I was curious about. That being said however, here's your feedback:

Things that need to go:
  • Fade-in / fade-out mid match - total waste of my time and causes a moment of adjustment for your brain to re-track in on the actual text.
  • The big text that says I have been destroyed when I die - superfluous.
  • Auto-focusing text entry - it causes issues if you have universal keybinds.
Things I would primarily like to see added:
  • Connection status - piggyback it over their ping would likely be the graphically simplest way, just have it tell me disconnected instead of their ping.
  • Scrollable chat log - simple yet very handy.
  • Sort names by alive/dead and sub-sort by kills on the mid match window - this allows me to tell at a glance who / how many / and how effective the forces left alive are.
  • Actual damage numbers on the combat log telling me how I died.
  • Highlight my name on the match finish screen - it's a small but nice touch.
Out there ideas of things I would like to see added:
  • Weapon accuracy on player stats screen - several different parses I would like to see of weapon accuracy:

1. Per weapon accuracy - IE: for all my medium lasers I had % number of hits for my number of trigger pulls.

2. Per weapon damage accuracy - IE: I fired 8 medium lasers 2 times each but only did 72 damage, that's a total damage potential of 80 (8 lasers * 2 shots * 5 damage per laser) so 72/80 * 100 = per weapon damage accuracy. (this number would always be low as weapon falloff damage is a large part of many peoples' damage total I believe, but it would still be nice to know)

3. Total weapon accuracy - IE: for all my weapons I had % number of hits for my number of trigger pulls.

4. Total weapon damage accuracy - see number 2 but put all your weapons together.

• An indicator as to what my teammates' load outs are - easiest would likely be BRW / FST / SCT for brawler / fire support / scout respectively with another optional FNK tag for flankers or support brawlers. This should be something each player can set on their mechs individually in the mechlab as each player has a different style for their fit.

Edited by Chauneko, 06 February 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#127 RightHook

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I like the opening screen, but now I have to learn all the chassis codes, adding the chassis name to the front of the code would be nice for the variants that I don't know off the top of my head.

The death screen is half and half, I like option to stay there and watch over my burning corpse and review my stats, but the stats that are shown are not so helpful. For example if i'm killed by someone it always reads Engine destroyed. Duh! And it also says right arm destroyed, M laser destroyed, right torso destroyed, srm4 destroyed, center torso destroy. Again DUH! I know all those things got blown up or the engine would not have gotten blown up. Who did it? What did they do it with? Those are the things that I want to know. Add in, Joe blow destroyed your right arm with an lrm, or even better a scrolling list so that I can back up and see all the damage I took and from who and what for the entire match. Now that would make the death screen really awsome.

End game screen is nice. I Agree that a highlight on my own record would make it easier to read.
Also if you allowed us to select a column to sort the data by it would be very nice. I can see who had the most damage and who the most exp. Who got the best combat score. (nice addition by the way). then we can sit around and see who did what. You would have to add back in different colors for each teams line so that we can tell where we ranked over all or with in our team.
Also noted that there are no points awarded at all for capturing bases. Only for dmg. Even in conquest mode? That really hurts. I run about capping bases and don't get any points for it. And then at the end of the match where we won because of my capping, I'm in the last place, lowest score?!? That is not role warfare. I should be first. We won because of my work. Everyone else died, I survived and kept the caps going vs 5 of the other team to win. But I'm the worst player? Ouch.

#128 Mad Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

In general I like the changes: the extra data is definitely worth having. The big "YOU WERE KILLED BY (X)" animated text is going to become annoying around 10pm on Friday (ie. in another 3 hours of gameplay), but only a minor annoyance.

The only thing I would say: the screen that comes up when pressing Tab in-game is now too difficult to read. Smaller text size, and more info, makes taking in the information a lot harder.

#129 Ceesa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBoston, USA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Overall I appreciate what you've done with the graphical improvements. Here are some pros and cons I've noticed.

Pros:
1. Looks a lot more polished and professional.
2. Thank you for the ability to type after the game ends.
3. Thank you for the mech information on your team.
4. The combat score is nice, but I'd like more information on how it was calculated.

Cons:
1. Both before and during the game it's hard to quickly scan to find important information, as has been mentioned previously in this thread.
2. Now that the end of match screen displays longer, it takes longer for your mech to be ready to launch for the next match. Is there a way to speed that process up so we can keep playing without waiting for everyone to exit the game? (Not a huge deal, but it would be nice).

Requests:
1. At the game start, can you sort the list by mech class and type, from assault at the top to lights at the bottom? It's hard to quickly parse that information.
2. Can you highlight our name in the list so we can quickly check our stats?
3. Ditto the comments on chat implementation that others have mentioned.

Thanks for the update though, I think things are definitely moving in the right direction!

#130 Xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationTrying desperately to get behind you for an Alpha Strike!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

The cause of death screen needs to seperate when you are hit by multiples of the same weapon. Example - I got headshot by what appeared to be a single PPC shot according to the death screen. In actuallity, it was a 5 PPC stalker that hit me, but the death screen only showed that i took PPC damage (singular). It should have said:
You took PPC damage
You took PPC damage
You took PPC damage
You took PPC damage
You took PPC damage
You have died

Xiang

#131 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

The endmatch Combat Score is hideously biased towards damage. I hope this changes significantly soon.

Damage 0-1300 points
*everything else* 0-20something points?!?!?!?

It makes running anything but a brawler very suboptimal for scoring your team contributions.

#132 Winterchill

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Looks good. But please make the scoreboard appear instantly like before when pressing the tab key. It gets irritating when you quickly need to check who's alive/dead.

#133 TheAquired

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but waiting a few seconds after dying would be nice, so we can see the mech's rag doll affect and then it comes up saying You were destroyed!. Cause at the moment its almost violent the way in which before you can blink your eyes after you've been destroyed its shoving the screen in your face. Just a few seconds to acknowledge your death would be nice.

#134 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

I like the "more" of informations! ^^

But the font is to big and to many different colors - it's not friendly to my eyes!
Please make it smaller again and use less and decent colors... :-)

#135 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

I like the new screen and the post battle chat but I have a few suggestions

- We can see now which weapons hit us but it's still hard to see what actually killed us. I'd suggest that the screen also shows the total damage with the weapons that are listed (or things like fall damage)
- The mech needs more time to be ready after a battle now. Please, could you guys reduce the time by at least 10 seconds?
- Is there a chance that you could implement a replay of the last 5 seconds before the death right after we died? We could learn a lot from just see what exactly went wrong in the last seconds or what exactly hit us where. That would be awesome :)

#136 ego1607

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Scoreboard look much better, but from the ergonomical perspective, ingame scoreboard was, in my opinion, changed for the worse. When I open the scoreboard ingame, I don't want any eye candy animation that takes a fraction of a second of my atention form the game. I just want to take the data on my and my oponent's team standings in as little time as possible. Also placing two teams verticaly is a bad idea, as it makes you process information longer (human can naturaly look horizontaly faster then verticaly). Everything else is OK in my opinion, but please make ingame scoreboard more practical.

#137 HRR Mary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Overall a real nice addition, if somewhat simplistic.

A few things might be improved, like text size, and quick lisibility.

Start of round :
- Highlight player name
- Enhance visibility of your team's mech
- Add the weight Category (Assault, Heavy...) so that you can figure out quickly what your team is made of, and what to expect from opfor.

Killed screen :
- *I* have not been destroyed, My mech has.
- 72p text police is not exactly needed for this title.=> reducing it will permit detailing info
- last 6 sources of damage : I would like more infos (20 last damage received) with the following addons:
- Timestamp
- Quantity of damage received
- Location of damage
- Armor/Internal damage differenciation
- Source of damage (Friend, Foe, environement).
- I would like also the ability to switch to display the damage I did, with the same breakdown.
- Display the mech config (weapons) of the mech that got the kill shot.

End of round :
- get rid of the fade in.
- Add a "Damage received" info. It might help judge if you actually soaked well, or if you just exposed your Ct to opfor.
- Possibility to add a rough map with team movement routes?

#138 Bulu

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Im going to try to be constructive here.. The new screens are pure crap.it has to be hard do it that bad,congratulations¡¡

#139 Fizch

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I really like the new screens. They look great. However, people are spending more time looking at these new pretty screens which is keeping our mechs tied up in game for longer. Would it be possible to release the mechs from the game say 20 seconds after the match ends? Also, it seems like we are waiting longer for the end of match screen to come up than the 3 seconds we had before. It seems a little too long.

#140 HighTest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationKitchener, ON

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Overall, they look great. I like the added info.

Two suggestions:

1. Put the number of kills (and maybe even add kill assists and damage done) to the in-match Tab scoreboard

2. Lose the spinning view of a destroyed mech at the end of the game. Too trippy, at least when trying to review the end-of-game stats in detail.

Most of HRR Mary's suggestions are also very good, but at minimum I'd like to see these two things happen ASAP. :)

Thanks!

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users