Pgi,what About Etics?

158 replies to this topic

#1 Bulu

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

so,if i want my franken atlas back i cant have it because now it cost me much more.ive already purchased the franken colors, they were mine and they dont have the moral right to undo the deal without my permision. dont care if i agreed or not somewhere

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

there are some very close colors that you can purchase for a lot cheaper.

especially if you have PCgamer

#3 Zeus X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Welcome to beta.

And yes PGI has every right to do what they see fit to fix, break or improve on this game.

#4 Cleverbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 274 posts
  • LocationFeel Good Inc.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

You're talking about rights, but you don't care whether you agreed to something or not?

Right...

yes...

Moving on.

#5 Grraarrgghh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I want to shake the hand of the guy who called it that people would find something to complain about for this patch.

#6 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostBulu, on 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

....they dont have the moral right to undo the deal without my permision. dont care if i agreed...

Something really weird about that line.

#7 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

What is an ETic? An electronic tick?

#8 FactorlanP

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I redid all my mechs back to how they looked pre-patch. I ended up with about 250MC more then pre-patch.

#9 Bulu

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

XD Please God tell me that at least,there are one guy out there who can see the point of what im saying, just one¡

OH, dont wanna forget, thanx Tennex for the answer ;)

#10 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I see what you mean, and agree it's a bit rude. It'd had been so much nicer if the mechs got to retain the color schemes they had but any new coloring would follow the new prices/system.

It's just unnecessary on the part of PGI and will create some badwill. It wasn't the smartest decision, and for people who put money into it just to color their 'mech and now can't, I think the best thing they could do is actually refund the cash (not as MC but real-world cash).

While what they did may very well be legal, it is kinda rude to say "pay us 5 bucks and you'll get your mech in a new color", then remove the color and say "hey, you can't have your money back but you can pick something else from our store". It's not a willing return of it, they took it back. Not refunding properly is bad ethics, though I don't think it's really world-shattering.

#11 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Some of you people are in for a rude awakening when you grow up. ;)

#12 SenkaLupita

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Rather then ***** at him like little girls, you could try and see his side as well. Although I don't care as they refunded my MC's

Buying the Stalker Phranken skin was 750MC single use roughly $3.50 I could see them upping it to 1500MC for the full $7, but upping it to 3125MC or $15 for a single use pattern is Bats hit crazy. and class unlock at 4250mc $22 is insanity. most games whether free to play give vast amount of colours and paint jobs as standard.

it comes down to content value $44 can buy a game with more content in it then a single skin and we see in this the flaw of micro transitions.

crap Micro transition. with on average of $15 per pattern over $140 on patterns and over 78,000MC $300+ in
standard + premium colours, its a little outrageous to charge $440+ for something most people will give you for $60 in a bought game.

I personally was quite willing to spend $150-$250 on colours skins and patterns until this patch now ill get another my self another 25 mech slots for 300mc with refunded MC's before they start charging 1500mc for them.

Edited by SenkaLupita, 05 February 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#13 Rakashan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostBulu, on 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

so,if i want my franken atlas back i cant have it because now it cost me much more.ive already purchased the franken colors, they were mine and they dont have the moral right to undo the deal without my permision. dont care if i agreed or not somewhere

See, the problem is that you agreed that they had the right and you do not have the moral right to undo that deal without their permission. See the problem here?

#14 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Shhh! Don´t spoil it.

#15 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I like how everyone says 'hey it's totally A-OK if PGI shafts people on pattern pricing after they already bought the item, and forces a refund.'

That's bunk and you know it. Sadly, YOU are the only ones who can hold them accountable, and yet you choose to deride this guy's spelling.

Items bought should have remained.

#16 Strig

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ok .. steps to resolve:
  • apply the 1 time application of Phranken (175mc .. cheaper than what you had before)
  • DON'T keep the Phranken colors .. apply the free Red, free Black and free, white/tan whatever you like ..
  • Now you have Phranken and it has cost you less than when you paid initially ... sure it isn't permanent, but it wasn't the first time you had it either ..
  • Enjoy.
;)

Edited by Strig, 05 February 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#17 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostMonky, on 05 February 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Items bought should have remained.

Except the total overhaul of the way paint was handled didn't allow for such an outcome.

#18 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Some of you will be in for a rude awakening if they extend this tactic to other aspects of the game... like mechs.

#19 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 05 February 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

THEY REFUNDED THE MONEY.

No, they refunded the MC cost of the original purchase, took the original purchase out of his inventory, and implimented the exact same item for a much higher total cost (including colors and the pattern) - if you have the pc gamer skins you still have (approx) the right colors, but that is a purchase in itself.

Edited by Monky, 05 February 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#20 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostFactorlanP, on 05 February 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I redid all my mechs back to how they looked pre-patch. I ended up with about 250MC more then pre-patch.

Same.
I got to bling ALL my mechs now, though, instead of just the maybe 4 that color on them from before.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users