#141 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 05 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

It's just another form of currency - why is that so hard to grasp?

How about you give me something you have purchased with a gift card sometime in the past, then I give you back your gift card and tell you that the only way to purchase that item is now in a pack of three and costs twice as much. That is similar to what PGI has done and the fact that they have done this once is evidence that they can be willing to do that again. Maybe next time it will be something you value.

Yes, what PGI did is within their terms of service, that doesn't make it feel right or encourage trust or good faith in some of their paying customers. That will do nothing but hurt PGI in the long run. They already have a poor image and poor execution on implementation of content like this isn't improving that in any way.

#142 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

They changed it and gave me my money back

Posted Image

#143 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 06 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I would not be surprised - before nor after this - if PGI would end up changing certain mechs after you bought them. Heck, they just changed a bunch of items you already bought with C-Bills. I find it less likely that they'd remove a mech from your inventory ever (with or without a refund), however. Unless they ditch the entire mech, I doubt there will be a need for that.

They have removed a mech variant before, although I do doubt they would go that far now, they just might.

#144 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostPihoqahiak, on 19 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

They have removed a mech variant before, although I do doubt they would go that far now, they just might.

To be fair, they removed the CN9-AH in the transition from closed beta to open beta (saying it had just been in the CB as a test vehicle for the YLW). There's really no justification for believing they'd remove any 'mech variants at this point.

#145 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostBulu, on 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

so,if i want my franken atlas back i cant have it because now it cost me much more.ive already purchased the franken colors, they were mine and they dont have the moral right to undo the deal without my permision. dont care if i agreed or not somewhere

All good.
Just one question.
What are Etics?

#146 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Let it happen.

Like if you spent 4500 on a flame dragon hero. One day they can take it away your flame hero refund you 4500......now it cost 9000 ;)

Whats the problem they refunded you 4500? hmmm? oh you don't have a flame hero now......

Same happened to me. had a mech 2 premium colors and camo, so they gave me back 1000mc I paid so then it cost me 2750 to gettem back. So I paid it.

So do you think they did me wrong? The truth is the only thing that matters is......URBAN MECH! :D
The realm of mechwarrior will continue to be evil until urbanmech comes and saves us!

#147 Iwaslost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostBDU Havoc, on 19 February 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

They changed it and gave me my money back

Posted Image

Dawwwwwwww ;)

#148 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Honestly the only thing that might bother me at this point is a full reset. Then again it would save me a lot of c-bills when rebuilding my garage full of mechs and I really enjoy test playing so I'd only be bothered until I saw 500k in c-bills and all my mc back.

Would be pretty nice to work from the expensive mechs downwards actually, so it probably wouldn't bother me much at all should it ever happen. -and bonus I could put all my mechs in order!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users