Pgi,what About Etics?

158 replies to this topic

#101 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostBulu, on 05 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

XD Please God tell me that at least,there are one guy out there who can see the point of what im saying, just one¡

Oh, we get it quite clearly: "I don't care that I agreed to be legally bound by the Terms of Service, I don't like the way it's being legally applied so I'm going to blow a lot smoke about 'moral right' nonsense anyway."

Clueless gibberish that contradicts itself, but the point (such as it is) isn't difficult to see.

#102 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostIronbar Sinister, on 05 February 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

MC = money. Duh.

Go and buy me a beer with MC lol

#103 0X2A

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostHekalite, on 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

The prices are all obscenely high. Simple solution...don't buy anything. If you cave and buy at these rates they will continue to price gouge.

^ This. ^
The reason I haven't dumped cash on this game (paint wise) is because (for paints) their businesses model is utter crap. There are hundreds of dollars worth of colors. Why? No. Just no.

I could see making purchasing every color in the game a total of $60 (unlocked for every mech forever). Want a pattern? $2.50 for a basic one, and $5 for a custom one (Extra money patterns aren't AS important as colors). However, making them chasis/class specific (unlock one for all variants of the same type is what I'm trying to get at). Then make hero mechs $15 for an Awesome, $10 for a Heavy, $5 for a Medium, and $2.50 for a Light. Suddenly your average gamer (EX.) Me and most of my friends; college student swith little money extra to spend because we can't MAKE MORE MONEY due to time constraints and the high overhead costs of college) can afford to customize a mech for a reasonable sum of money, and afford a hero mech. Think of the P2W people who couldn't complain (as bad). I mean who doesnt have an extra $20? Granted most people (including myself) DON'T WANT TO SPEND 75% OF IT ON PAINT) I threw a bit of money at them for unlocking mechs and mech bays, but the paint system is meh.

-0x2A

EDITED: BECAUSE MY PHONE STARTED DERPING ON ME HALFWAY THROUGH THE ORIGINAL POST. LULZ CAPS.

Edited by 0X2A, 06 February 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#104 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostCleverbird, on 05 February 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

You're talking about rights, but you don't care whether you agreed to something or not?

Right...

yes...

Moving on.

Not everything you have to agree on is said to be legal, you know. Even then, there is something called accommodation/goodwill.

#105 shortpainter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostBulu, on 06 February 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

what the heck is "OP"¡¡ XD

and i will like to add that what bugs me more is they didnt need to do it like this... they didnt need to be rude.we are spending money in a beta that feels like an alpha. What about some consideration to the users ? are they gonna to broke if they just leave us to keep ours purchases? why dont give us some love? I dont trust them anymore and for what,some colors that dont cost nothing to them?

If you spent 2000 MC on colors in the old system, you got 2000 MC back when they implemented the new pricing system. Did some get shafted? Not really! That is because there is no reason to buy back the colors. You could buy a mech with MC they gave back or anything else you wanted. The reason they gave you MC back is because they changed the pricing structure and did not want to force a loss (or an undue gain) on the users (you and me) in order to revamp the prices. It is unusual for any retailer or business to give back to its customers due to a change is pricing. The only time you get such a refund is if someone files suit and calls the Press to start harassing the HR department of a corporation. In order to avoid looking bad in the media, a company will issue refunds or fix whatever caused the bad press to begin with. There was no uproar or riots caused by the new color system. They gave you back any and all expenditures (MC and C-bills) that went toward color purchases. THEY DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE BACK ANYTHING. We all agreed to these type of changes the moment we all agreed to the End User License and installed the game. There is nothing in the documentation that states they owe you money that you gave them for an unfinished product.

If you think you were shafted by this then try buying a car, house, or any appliance that takes longer to pay for than it actually works. Lets see how you feel when those items break down and there is nobody there to give you anything back for it.

#106 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostGrraarrgghh, on 05 February 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I want to shake the hand of the guy who called it that people would find something to complain about for this patch.

I really did try to find something, the whole thing of new pricing works out cheaper for people.
You buy the whole colour (yes i spelled it right), which can then be placed on other mechs.
so I didn't expect that.

I even thought people be happy with the refund.

Edited by Cybermech, 06 February 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#107 0X2A

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

View Postshortpainter, on 06 February 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you think you were shafted by this then try buying a car, house, or any appliance that takes longer to pay for than it actually works. Lets see how you feel when those items break down and there is nobody there to give you anything back for it.

On an unrelated note if you're living like this, you're clearly living outside of your budget, or you're abusing your appliances/house/car :/

Sorry for the off topic post

#108 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

View Postshortpainter, on 06 February 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

I sincerely hope that your post is just a matter of punctuation gone wrong ^^
A car and a house should work longer than you paying for it.
(k you can crash a car - but thats why you have insurance)

#109 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostCybermech, on 06 February 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

I even thought people be happy with the refund.

More than happy, just won about 15 millions c-bills.
They refunded all my transactions over the same mech.
I even spent some MCs on odd colors.

^_^ :ph34r:

#110 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

It is always a good idea to make retroactive changes to merchandise optional. Of course this may take extra effort, but PGI did something similar when implementing the start button for premium membership. That was a very good move that has brought them a lot of good will. This color/camo change not so much.

I think in this case it may have been the better choice to keep the old purchases intact and just change the new ones in shop. I am aware that then some people would have complained they paid much more. But that I find more understandable and morally acceptable than the current solution.

Alternatively, PGI could have tried to make sure that any previous camo/color combo could be achieved for the same price, even if that meant making permanent color cheaper. Maybe they will take such a solution into account for the next time purchased items have to be changed.

#111 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Poor people wanting hand outs..... Colors are cheap, if you can't afford them then you can do one of several things:

1. Pay down your debt, the camo colors will still be there when you finally pay off the 6 credit cards you owe.

2. Work more hours or find a better job. This isn't going to happen overnight, obviously, but if you are unable to do so because of life style choices then that is on you. If you decided to get your wife/girlfriend pregnant while only making 10 bucks an hour I have absolutely no sympathy for you, wear a rubber.

3. Stop stuffing your fat face with Mcdonald's, home cook three meals, and you will have saved enough money to buy some paint.

4. Stop smoking, drinking excessively or buying weed.

5. If you are too young to get a job, then deal with it kid, I'd rather not share my internet with 14 year olds anyway.

#112 DeeZNuttS

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Not to take it there, but that thinking’s why a Republican’s not in office, btw have you heard apparently their for immigration reform now. I'm going to enjoy the next few election cycles watching the Republicans get their ***** handed to them because they can’t grasp a country that is moving forward. The 1950’s are over just in case you didn’t know, but you will know because when you see less and less Republicans voted into office it will slowly hit you like a ton of bricks.

Edited by Emerious, 06 February 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#113 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostDishevel, on 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Democrat.
Responsibility is for others. I am entitled.

View PostEmerious, on 06 February 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Not to take it there, but that thinking’s why a Republican’s not in office, btw have you heard apparently their for immigration reform now. I'm going to enjoy the next few election cycles watching the Republicans get their ***** handed to them because they can’t grasp a country that is moving forward. The 1950’s are over just in case you didn’t know, but you will know because when you see less and less Republicans voted into office it will slowly hit you like a ton of bricks.

Guys, take that crap elsewhere... Facebook maybe?

#114 DeeZNuttS

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

If your going to make stupid comments expect a response.

#115 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostDishevel, on 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Democrat.
Responsibility is for others. I am entitled.

Consumer laws may seem like the companies are getting the short end of the stick sometimes but they are there for a reason. Not everyone is so smart, rich and, powerful that they can stand up to multi-million dollar companies such as you and some of the other wealthy overachievers here that love to throw any amount of money at PGI for some cosmetics.

Many provisions in the usual TOS that online game companies use are on very shaky legal ground. But I doubt that anyone will ever take PGI to court over such minor sums. I also hear they are quite forthcoming regarding refunds. Still they may want to take care to reduce customer dissatisfaction when changing items purchased with MC.

#116 Sorho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

And this is why we don't spend real money on Beta tests boys and girls ^_^

#117 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

Politics too? Really! (Holy Smokes Batman)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 06 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#118 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 06 February 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

I just couldn't resist. Politics too? Really! (Holy Smokes Batman)

Seriously, the election is over.

#119 DeeZNuttS

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Sorho, you are a genus, best works spoken so far!

#120 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 06 February 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Poor people wanting hand outs..... Colors are cheap, if you can't afford them then you can do one of several things:

1. Pay down your debt, the camo colors will still be there when you finally pay off the 6 credit cards you owe.

2. Work more hours or find a better job. This isn't going to happen overnight, obviously, but if you are unable to do so because of life style choices then that is on you. If you decided to get your wife/girlfriend pregnant while only making 10 bucks an hour I have absolutely no sympathy for you, wear a rubber.

3. Stop stuffing your fat face with Mcdonald's, home cook three meals, and you will have saved enough money to buy some paint.

4. Stop smoking, drinking excessively or buying weed.

5. If you are too young to get a job, then deal with it kid, I'd rather not share my internet with 14 year olds anyway.

Harsh but so true. There are many of us who hold down two jobs, pack lunch to work, and eat at home every night, but also have enough expendable income to buy MCs. Players have to choose which colors and patterns to unlock and end up with a selection that is affordable to them, not complain that buying everything is out of their league. Seriously, you are painting your mech. No paint job has any real effect on gameplay.

-k

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users