Ok So You Want To Send A Message To Pgi...

55 replies to this topic

#1 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yes another one.

There are 2 very good ways to send a message to PGI either thanking them, providing a means of negative feedback, or looking to get an aspect of the game changed:

-The first is constructive feedback. Avoid making posts like these:

http://mwomercs.com/...iness-practice/

-Avoid needless ranting and using harsh language like OMG PGI sucks, I hate PGI, screw you PGI, your a bunch of morons, etc.

-Just simply state the problem, state the solution, and be thankful they are even making the game for you to even have a problem with in the first place.

-Understand that not everyone here is familiar with Battletech, Mechwarrior, Table Top RPGs, or follows an elite mind set. The game is supposed to be for everyone, newbs and pros a like.

-Its okay to hate. Just keep it out of your posts.

The other very good way to send a message is to NOT BUY MC!!! If you already have MC and you refuse to buy something because it's too high a price it does nothing. PGI already made their money when you purchased the MC they dont get bonus money for you spending 1000 MC on Red or buying a mech bay slot, likewise they don't lose money if your MC just sits there unused. It's as simple as that.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 07 February 2013 - 07:03 AM.

#2 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Great post.

To bad I no longer play because there is nothing in the game to get my attention.

I keep track of the patch notes and everything else, but it is a shame that the game is taking this, "instant" action setup and following the World of Tanks design concept.

#3 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 07 February 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

-Just simply state the problem, state the solution, and be thankful they are even making the game for you to even have a problem with in the first place.

As soon as PGI is thankful that they even have customers for them to receive complaints from.

#4 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostNarcisoldier, on 07 February 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

As soon as PGI is thankful that they even have customers for them to receive complaints from.

I think they are. They do have occasional sales and have made huge steps towards accommodating the "new player" in the form of the cadet bonus. I just think they tend to ignore the larger groups of us because we seem to act like angry children. I know I'm not innocent of it. I get mad at them most of the time. We just need to take better steps as a community to be heard in a way that is both constructive and serious.

#5 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 07 February 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

I think they are. They do have occasional sales and have made huge steps towards accommodating the "new player" in the form of the cadet bonus. I just think they tend to ignore the larger groups of us because we seem to act like angry children. I know I'm not innocent of it. I get mad at them most of the time. We just need to take better steps as a community to be heard in a way that is both constructive and serious.

When I threw down 40 bucks for a free game that wasn't even released, I expected I would get more content than I would know what to do with. Instead, they have very transparently jacked up prices because they know that the founders are flush with MC.

#6 Uzi Foo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I just baught $30 MC, I never complain on the forums, and I have fun playing.

I must be the worst customer ever.

#7 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostNarcisoldier, on 07 February 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

When I threw down 40 bucks for a free game that wasn't even released, I expected I would get more content than I would know what to do with. Instead, they have very transparently jacked up prices because they know that the founders are flush with MC.

I must say that I did not have very high expectations at all but so few maps? Also not even the start of clan wars for the premades. It must get horrible boring to team up in this game. You don't even get a real challenge. May as well watch tv.

#8 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

I'd give up my remaining MC to see reasoned thought and discussion be the norm and not the exception on this forum... :)

#9 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostNarcisoldier, on 07 February 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

If that was the case they would not have refunded paint/camo MC and c-bills this last patch, they could have told the player base to eat it since the game is in beta. They took the higher ground and provided a refund. I am not sure what problem you have but so far I have enjoyed the game and will continue to support it.

They are making strides to improve the game. If it is a balance issue because you get stomped maybe try a different mech. If you feel they are just cheating you take your loss and move onto something else. I do not agree with everything they do but I understand from a business point. Take the paint they did a good job it would have been a great job had they done a per weight class unlock over variant.

So while you have a right to vent you must consider you knew what you were getting into. You have tha badge you did closed beta you know what the MC costs were like. And for those that remember from long long prior to the founders package mechs were double the MC cost then they are now.

#10 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostUzi Foo, on 07 February 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I just baught $30 MC, I never complain on the forums, and I have fun playing.

I must be the worst customer ever.

You are the dream customer. You may find yourself an endangered species in the future if there is no drastic changes.
Remember that free to pay games MUST get population.

#11 Xenosphobatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

Trufact: I've been nothing but impressed with this product. The MC prices are a bit unreasonable on some things, but on mechbays (the real draw for MC, IMO), the price is COMPLETELY reasonable. I'd MUCH rather they charge a buck and a half per mechbay (based on lowest MC purchase, etc), than jack up the prices for mechbays and lower the price for hero mechs et al.

Back to minimum money in to game out, the game is awesome if you only want four mechs and wish to play based on the F2P model. Hats off to PGI!

#12 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 07 February 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

You are the dream customer. You may find yourself an endangered species in the future if there is no drastic changes.
Remember that free to pay games MUST get population.

They have to start somewhere and they are. Guys I know with have bought some extra MC along the way. The population will grow over time as the game gets better. I'd rather have steady growth than immediate success with a falloff that hurts.

View PostIlwrath, on 07 February 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

Also not even the start of clan wars for the premades. It must get horrible boring to team up in this game. You don't even get a real challenge. May as well watch tv.

******** are you a cheerleader or not. There's enough threads on teams out there.

Edit: Spilelng iz uh prublim.

Edited by Bguk, 07 February 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#13 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Okay, but where do I send the horse head?

#14 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 07 February 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Okay, but where do I send the horse head?

Piranha Games Inc.
88 West Pender St.
Suite #2065
Vancouver, Canada
V6B 6N9

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 07 February 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#15 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

The other very good way to send a message is to NOT BUY MC!!! If you already have MC and you refuse to buy something because it's too high a price it does nothing. PGI already made their money when you purchased the MC they dont get bonus money for you spending 1000 MC on Red or buying a mech bay slot, likewise they don't lose money if your MC just sits there unused. It's as simple as that.

While I agree partially, buying MC and not spending it also sends a message. It says "I support you and want to keep you guys afloat, but you need to change something before I am a fully satisfied customer."

If you think PGI does not pay close attention to how much people buy into MC then spend the MC as opposed to hoarding it you are kidding your self. Either way you send a message, but honestly PGI has to want your money and to know you were satisfied with your purchase. It is just basic customer service.

#16 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 07 February 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Piranha Games Inc.
88 West Pender St.
Suite #2065
Vancouver, Canada
V6B 6N9

Thanks! Now I just need a horse that happened to have a spare head!

#17 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Or we could go on every gaming forum on the internet and post what we really think, there. Sites like mmorpg.com, IGN, etc; go read what people honestly think about this game.

The other very good way to send a message is to NOT BUY MC!

Oh, don't worry, we aren't.

#18 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostDaZur, on 07 February 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

I'd give up my remaining MC to see reasoned thought and discussion be the norm and not the exception on this forum... :(

Save your MC DaZur. They have drugs that will make things appear that way, if you take enough of them before logging in to the Forums. :)

#19 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

Yeah... I know about those medications. Sadly they also make me wear my underwear on the outside of my pants and carry on some seriously detailed discussion with light switches. :)

#20 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostCodejack, on 07 February 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

Or we could go on every gaming forum on the internet and post what we really think, there. Sites like mmorpg.com, IGN, etc; go read what people honestly think about this game.

Oh, don't worry, we aren't.

Who are these "we" people you speak of dude? Those bitter, basement dwellers, who would rather bad mouth a WiP than help make it work? Those "we" people? Don't the "we" folk worry. Every game that has a Forum, is flush with the "we" types.

PGI knows of the "we" crowd. It is more likely that they are busting their butts to make the game better for the "everyone else" crowd. :)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 February 2013 - 07:39 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users