Ok So You Want To Send A Message To Pgi...

55 replies to this topic

#21 Codejack

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

That would be the "we" who gave suggestions and repirted bugs and did everything we could to try to make the game a success, only to watch as PGI has defecated all over it.

Go. Read. Learn.

#22 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostCodejack, on 07 February 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

That would be the "we" who gave suggestions and repirted bugs and did everything we could to try to make the game a success, only to watch as PGI has defecated all over it.

Go. Read. Learn.

Oh ... I see. The "we" are the people who carry a vendetta against PGI for not placating their every demand suggestion regardless of how myopic or self-serving.

How noble.

Come on Maxx... We are not worthy to ferry this discussion because clearly we are not inclusive to the "critical thinkers club". :)

#23 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

Ok So You Want To Send A Message To Pgi...

Start using reddit. Ugh!

#24 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

OP - anyone capable of decent posts is going to find all that fairly patronising and pointless. Anyone not capable of decent posts is going to totally ignore you.

I'm struggling to pick a lane.

#25 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 07 February 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

If that was the case they would not have refunded paint/camo MC and c-bills this last patch, they could have told the player base to eat it since the game is in beta. They took the higher ground and provided a refund. I am not sure what problem you have but so far I have enjoyed the game and will continue to support it.

The MWO forums would have burned if they hadn't refunded MC for paint bought under the old system.

They are making strides to improve the game. If it is a balance issue because you get stomped maybe try a different mech. If you feel they are just cheating you take your loss and move onto something else. I do not agree with everything they do but I understand from a business point. Take the paint they did a good job it would have been a great job had they done a per weight class unlock over variant.

No, I am stomping you guys hard.

So while you have a right to vent you must consider you knew what you were getting into. You have tha badge you did closed beta you know what the MC costs were like. And for those that remember from long long prior to the founders package mechs were double the MC cost then they are now.

There were no cosmetic items in closed beta.

#26 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

View PostDaZur, on 07 February 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Oh ... I see. The "we" are the people who carry a vendetta against PGI for not placating their every demand suggestion regardless of how myopic or self-serving.

How noble.

Come on Maxx... We are not worthy to ferry this discussion because clearly we are not inclusive to the "critical thinkers club". :blink:

Dude, I just bought some new Light Switches, want to see em? ;)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#27 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 February 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Dude, I just bought some new Light Switches, want to see em? ;)

Up to you... Understand once I start talking to them you will not get a word in edgewise...

#28 Granimal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 181 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWashington

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

What are you doing here Codejack? If this game is so horribad why are you on the forums trolling quite often with nothing but doom and gloom. Go back to redit or mmorpg and stay under the rock. I say this because not 1 of your posts has been constructive at all just doom and gloom and this game sucks. Well if it does what are you doing here? Must be you hate someone having fun with something you don't. I don't like everythig that has been done with the game but I am willing to see where it is going before I cry from the highest mountain it is dead.

#29 zraven7

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

"Dear PGI,
Thank you for the game. It is awesome and spiffy.
Can't wait for clan warfare.
Please drop the prices on the paint, the are kinda ridiculously high. Everything else is pretty magical, considering it's in Beta.
If you include Melee and give me an Axman, you'll have to stay at least 20 feet away from me, because if I see you I may hump your leg out of happiness.
Have a great day."

There.

Edited by zraven7, 07 February 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#30 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostGranimal, on 07 February 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

What are you doing here Codejack? If this game is so horribad why are you on the forums trolling quite often with nothing but doom and gloom. Go back to redit or mmorpg and stay under the rock. I say this because not 1 of your posts has been constructive at all just doom and gloom and this game sucks. Well if it does what are you doing here? Must be you hate someone having fun with something you don't. I don't like everythig that has been done with the game but I am willing to see where it is going before I cry from the highest mountain it is dead.

You fail to understand with some people and this game there is only absolutes... :blink:

View Postzraven7, on 07 February 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

I may hump your leg out of happiness...

If that doesn't scream "game appreciation" I don't know what does... ;)

#31 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'll be honest...I've probably spent over 300 bucks in MC. I think. It could be more.

However, I've only bought the Pretty Baby Hero mech. I wasn't going to buy it at first and then I realized I can slap a 400 engine into the sucker which is suh-weet! As for the paint and goodies, I've only bought one bobblehead item for one of my mechs. The rest has been all me buying mechs, buying mechbays, and using the MC to transfer mech xp to GXP. That's about it. I spend what I can for what I think has value or at reduced prices.

My suggestion is...wait for the sales on stuff to get it at reduced prices and then buy it. In other words...

Posted Image

#32 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

The OP makes a good point, if you really want to be heard these are some steps to actually get heard. As for the state of the game, I'm extremely pleased. This game has only been in development for a little over a year and has been created for only about 10 million. What they have accomplished is extremely impressive.

I think the problem people have is that this game has an actual 'open beta'. Most larger games now release a game into open beta after several years of work and about 15-50 million in development (some even more), these open betas are more accurately a 'soft launch'. Basically they are bug fixes and some tweaks. MWO didn't go that route, they released an actual beta were the game was released as a 'minimally viable product'. Which means that they have extremely limited content and only the core mechanics are really in place. My guess is that this was because they didn't have the deep pockets of a large publisher to support them for another year or so of closed beta. I'm fine with this, now I get to keep all the xp and cbills I earn. Sometimes its not that the devs are ignoring our suggestions sometimes its simply they are doing the best they can.

#33 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostGranimal, on 07 February 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Well, mostly because I have been waiting 10 years for a new Mechwarrior game and these guys are ****ing all over the franchise, partially because the MMO I have been playing for the last 6 years just died and I have nothing better to do with my spare time than post on the forums while I watch netflix, play guitar, workout, etc.

But mostly it is because this game had such incredible potential back in closed beta and now it is just a sick joke. "OK, everyone stay in a group around the ECM, hope the other team doesn't have as much ECM as we do, get close, and brawl!" There is no strategy; there are no tactics; it has become a slow-moving fast-twitch game, which was never what the franchise was about.

Let's take a different (but related) issue: LRMs are, in fact, too powerful. They tend to either destroy people or, more likely these days, hang as dead weight from mechs whose opponents have more ECM. Either too good or useless, and that's how everything is being "balanced." Why are LRMs not just less useful in general, making Artemis, NARC, TAG, etc extremely powerful, then just have ECM did what it did before, counter Artemis, NARC, and BAP? That would make all those items nice, but not out of proportion and certainly not either almost mandatory (ECM) or completely worthless (BAP, NARC).

Not only is that a simple, elegant solution, it should have been patently obvious to anyone who thought about it for more than 5 seconds, and it was pointed out (originally not by me) way back in closed beta.

In fact, there have been any number of perfectly sound proposed solutions to many problems that still exist, yet PGI refuses to even acknowledge the problem most of the time!

You almost have a point when you mention that there is only so much I can do about it, but I can continue to mock stupidity when I see it.

#34 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostCodejack, on 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

Blah. Blah. Profanity. Blah. ECM. I don't understand team play or tactics. Calls Devs stupid.

I find it both humorous and slightly ironic that you chose a thread about basically not acting like a dolt when you post to pretty much troll and do exactly the opposite of the OP. Good game, Sir. Good Game.

#35 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't know why everybody is telling PGI how to fix a game when PGI is the only one aware of what is to come. Can I gring up The old LRM's are OP then weak to artemis is OP to now ECM. All three of these are linked heavily but the screaming started before they were all out. Streaks is another example. Can we wait until we get all of the content before we sream buff and nerf.

I don't get how anybody cannot enjoy this game. I'm an "average" pilot 0.5 KDR 1/1 W/L and some how I can deal and adapt well to anything I suppose. I've been killed by all types and killed all types including ECM. I enjoyed every moment of my $200 in this free to play game.

What is the Problem?

#36 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostBLUPRNT, on 07 February 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

What is the Problem?

The problem is that PGI is, to judge by every change they have made in the last two months, completely UNaware of the problems they have created.

It is not a matter of being able to adapt; I can run an ECM, lagshielded, streak-heavy light mech with the best of them. That doesn't make the game fun or interesting.

#37 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostCodejack, on 07 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I can run an ECM, lagshielded, streak-heavy light mech with the best of them. That doesn't make the game fun or interesting.

I'm sorry your not having fun!
I have a few of those myself and yeah they're kinda boring. Thats why I don't use them and have learned to adapt with something a little more challenging to play. In this case just about anything you didn't mention. I have fun.

I don't think PGI screwed up anything.

+1 for the leg hump!

Edited by BLUPRNT, 07 February 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#38 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostBLUPRNT, on 07 February 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I'm sorry your not having fun!
I have a few of those myself and yeah they're kinda boring. Thats why I don't use them and have learned to adapt with something a little more challenging to play. In this case just about anything you didn't mention. I have fun.

I don't think PGI screwed up anything.

The problem is that nothing else works against ECM lights; lasers and ballistics don't hit, SRMs don't register right, and guided missiles don't work at all.

This is exactly the niche that streaks were supposed to fill, but now the only mechs allowed to use them are the 3 ECM mechs that have missile hardpoints.

#39 Allister Rathe

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationEast Bay, California

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostCodejack, on 07 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

The problem is that PGI is, to judge by every change they have made in the last two months, completely UNaware of the problems they have created.

It is not a matter of being able to adapt; I can run an ECM, lagshielded, streak-heavy light mech with the best of them. That doesn't make the game fun or interesting.

I think they are very aware of the issues that the player base is facing. They just don't have to send you a personal message every time one comes up and say "Don't worry buddy, I've got your back, we're working on it." They might not be addressing the issues at a pace that's acceptable to you and it's entirely your prerogative to be annoyed by the time frame, but to claim that they are completely unaware is a little self centered.

And to say "Lasers and Ballistics don't hit" is a downright fallacy. Netcode might make it harder, but they've made good strides in that department recently and I'm confident they'll iron it out fully in the future. If you have a problem with those "ECM lagshielded, streak heavy lights" then don't drop in a light 'Mech and suddenly there's one less chance for one on the other team!

I pilot a Spider. When I see those punks, I lure him to my friends, and we tear him apart. If you aren't having fun you don't have to play, and certainly don't have to moan about it.

#40 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostJetfire, on 07 February 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

While I agree partially, buying MC and not spending it also sends a message. It says "I support you and want to keep you guys afloat, but you need to change something before I am a fully satisfied customer."

If you think PGI does not pay close attention to how much people buy into MC then spend the MC as opposed to hoarding it you are kidding your self. Either way you send a message, but honestly PGI has to want your money and to know you were satisfied with your purchase. It is just basic customer service.

Hey, I remember you from last night :mellow:

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users