Poptarts!

343 replies to this topic

#241 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Why did you feel the need to approach them? Find a location that negates their range advantage and wait until they come to you. Otherwise concentrate on the cap points that they are not defending if in conquest mode.

#242 Malora Sidewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostchiXnhawk, on 08 February 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I can't wait until you bragging poptarting teams meet us. That's when the QQing will hit the fan. KaoS is on another level right now. We're always a month / month and a half ahead of every trend. Most teams see this stuff first in matches against us. Whispy has seen us a few times in his 3D. If you want to see the OP way to run them or the OP way to counter them join RHoD.

you guys can't possibly be the best, me, vercinaigh and ihateharriers aren't on your team...

#243 Cerberias

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

hehe, i've got 700k experience on my 3D past master, I actually run 2 ERPPC and a standard engine atm, show as little as possible of my torso per shot or people will light you up. All you've gotta do to to counter them is move up in cover, pressure them and brawl, the heat inefficiency of PPC's along with the min range means that pretty much anything can outbrawl them.

#244 Flossme

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Funniest comment yet when we and my wings took Jumping 3D's. Got to give this guy props..
Posted Image

#245 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostCartman726, on 08 February 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Dear randoms who think they are better than KaoS Legion,

Hi, my name is Cartman. I'm a fellow MWO enthusiast who enjoys meching, stomping robots, and destroying you on the forums. Please continue to talk smack in this thread so that I may see it blossom into the off topic sub forum from which I mainly reside.

ps. madcuzubad.

Lol.. I don't think anyone in this thread has made such a claim. Just that you sound like aggrandizing a-holes from the (now 2) posts I've seen from your members. Just FYI.

#246 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 08 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Oh, oh! My turn!

You're just another player with an exaggerated sense of accomplishment and self worth forged through organized team play in a game that doesnt sufficiently support it.

Difference is, i was attempting to contribute something constructive to this thread while you were thumping your chest like a mad ape declaring in so many words "Come at me bro!". Your strategy has its flaws, just like the rest of them. Neither it, nor you, are relatively close to tactically sound. The combination of your denial of both facts and aggressive spite suggest you're of little worth without a team to compensate for your shortcomings.

In summation: Compared to you, i'm Rambo.

Not at all. I reside in the camp that if you can play then prove it. If you can't play then how in the hell could you possibly have any clue what works and what doesn't work.

There are tons of bads in this game that want to sit and talk strategy and tactics for hours on end. These same people think they are smarter than Jesus and that makes them better at the game. Then we drop and they get smacked in the face a few times and that entire plan goes out the window.

Game is only 10% tactics and 90% killing mechs before they kill you. Thing is that everyone I have met that is great at the 90% part is also epic at the 10% part. The 10% part is easier.

We often joke on coms after we roll a team that they are on their coms yelling "You *****, you were supposed to sit behind the other rock!" like it would make any difference what they did.

Currently the most important player on your team is the worst player. All the weakest link sayings hold so true in this game. Our clan is great not because of one person being the best, but because everyone can count on everyone else to execute with perfection regardless of what happens. There simply isn't enough things you can do tactics wise to compensate for it. If you actually played the game and actually played competitive 8 mans on the level we do, you would come to the same conclusion.

You can only understand what you know and its human nature to assume that you can think of every possibility. We have experienced, many times, things that you can't even imagine. Not because you don't have the ability to imagine it, it's because you don't have the skill to experience it. This is why you will argue until the end of time that you are right and we will know for a fact that you are wrong. We do, on a regular basis, what you think is impossible.

There are lots of great players in this game. Not all of them are in one clan. The competitive side of me wants to be combative when I see them post on the forums but most of the time it simply shows me who else gets it. It makes me want to either recruit them or play against them for some GGs. I like to troll those that endlessly yammer on advice when they obviously haven’t played the game enough to know what they are talking about.

I guess you get off on not playing but instead arguing strategy semantics with people on the forums.

I get off on playing a video game with a group of the best Mechwarriors I have ever met.

To each their own Sir, um, I mean Rambo.

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 08 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#247 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

It's the new cheese build, a 3D with jumpjets, Guass and 2 ppc's of some kind just jumping up and down alpha striking. Their fine alone but when you get a 4-8man sync drop rolling 2-3 of them with 2+ AC20 cat's you know it's just cheese. Problem isn't the fact it's happening, but the fact they buffed ppc's that were already seeing overuse in the stalker chassis... just makes these things too plentiful.

#248 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostApostal, on 08 February 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

but the fact they buffed ppc's that were already seeing overuse in the stalker chassis... just makes these things too plentiful.

overuse...
you fire is a 6 ppc stalker and you shut down an become a target
Yeah thats a great strategy to "abuse"

#249 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostPanzershriek, on 07 February 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

My team ran into this as well over the last few days.
Two victories and two defeats.
Movement and tactics were the key. (We were running a majority of brawler mechs and all were close matches.)
Flanking, cover, and focus fire.

How dare you speak of tactics, the mighty zerg shall prevail.

#250 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

View Postsaintchuck, on 08 February 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

How dare you speak of tactics, the mighty zerg shall prevail.

and if we get killed we must rush to the forums and QQ about LRMs

#251 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostWispsy, on 08 February 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Please maybe you are ahead of the general curve, but I learnt to poptart in my Jenner before the game even went into open beta...and I can tell you now DV8 was not behind anybody when the cataphract came out in terms of realise "oh look a sniper mech with jumpjets, I wonder if I can fly and shoot at once!"

There are loads of good players and good clans out there right now and posting you mastered an obvious build a month before anybody else thought of it is such a pointless thing to say... To then keep coming back to it... :/

There is always somebody better then you out there. :( Always.

lmao! There is no one better than KaoS. Founders cat with 2 PPCs and JJ. Been doing this for a long long time. lmao at your jenner.

#252 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostMultitallented, on 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

lmao! There is no one better than KaoS.

Except maybe.....

ELP :(

#253 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostchiXnhawk, on 08 February 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

I can't wait until you bragging poptarting teams meet us. That's when the QQing will hit the fan. KaoS is on another level right now. We're always a month / month and a half ahead of every trend. Most teams see this stuff first in matches against us. Whispy has seen us a few times in his 3D. If you want to see the OP way to run them or the OP way to counter them join RHoD.

You're not the only one doing it since day 1...

#254 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 08 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Except maybe.....

I'd like to see them rematch. Pretty sure that if only 1 person on our team disconnects instead of 2 then it will be no contest.

#255 Flossme

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 08 February 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Except maybe.....

Teams get better, teams get worse. ELP in RHOD seems to be at the bottom of the standings last I checked. KaoS also gave thumps to KDR and currently sporting a perfect record in RHOD. I was not around, nor was some of our other pilots that recently came into the unit.

#256 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I believe the Blazing Aces are the best unit ever and we invented everything before anyone ever thought of it. Also we shoot laser beams out of our eyes because we thought of it first and everyone else can only wish they shot laser beams out of their eyes. But you can't. Because we thought of it first.

#257 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostFlossme, on 08 February 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Teams get better, teams get worse. ELP in RHOD seems to be at the bottom of the standings last I checked. KaoS also gave thumps to KDR and currently sporting a perfect record in RHOD. I was not around, nor was some of our other pilots that recently came into the unit.

Yeah I was suprised to see ELP kinda drop off after winning the first season. The mighty do fall eventually, and one day Kaos will as well :(

Edited by Z0MBIE Y0SHI, 08 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#258 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Sure is poptart discussion going around

#259 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostSir Trent Howell, on 08 February 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I believe the Blazing Aces are the best unit ever and we invented everything before anyone ever thought of it. Also we shoot laser beams out of our eyes because we thought of it first and everyone else can only wish they shot laser beams out of their eyes. But you can't. Because we thought of it first.

This is true.

#260 Flossme

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 08 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Yeah I was suprised to see ELP kinda drop off after winning the first season. The mighty do fall eventually, and one day Kaos will as well :(

Doubtful as in TWL for MW4, KaoS never lost a match. In other leagues at the top of the leaderboard. Given our track record, very unlikely.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users