Ask The Devs 31 - Answers!

150 replies to this topic

#21 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Zatharus Mathew deTora - Is it possible to add in melee damage for such classics as the Axman or similar mechs/a reserve PUNCH TO THE CT?
A: Melee is something we want to do… however making it fun, and practical, isn’t so easy.

Bueno.

I want my Hatchetman.

Also, Sean Kolton did the music for the Mechwarrior reboot trailer, so he gets my thumbs up.

#22 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Wow, not a one of my seven questions made the cut...

Not that they were buried either, all there on page 2.

Edited by Monsoon, 08 February 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#23 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for taking the crazy amount of time to read, compile and answer all these questions!

#24 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostOrzorn, on 08 February 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Bueno.

I want my Hatchetman.

Also, Sean Kolton did the music for the Mechwarrior reboot trailer, so he gets my thumbs up.

I thought they weren't going to answer questions they've alreay answered? The Melee question has been addressed more than once over the last year.

#25 Blade Pride

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thanks, Love the new format.

#26 Hawkwings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

1.2 Can players, that are currently playing on the NA server move their account to the European gameregion? Or is it a "fluent" system where you are assigned via matchmaking to the best fitting game server?
A: Our goal would be to offer a onetime transfer option. Regions will have their own servers and unique accounts.

I think that PGI should seriously consider having a system where matches are hosted on localized servers, but player data is global, so that a player can freely connect to whichever server he or she wants to, and still have everything available. I say this because there are many groups with both a Euro and NA contingent, and it would be terrible to not be able to play with all of them just because they are on the other server. Likely what will happen is that most of these Euro players will choose to suffer the lag and whatnot in order to keep playing with their whole group of friends, instead of being segregated into their own much smaller group.

#27 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

blinkin - Will repair and rearm ever come back? if not please explain the reasoning behind removing it.
A: No plans to bring back RNR. RNR was removed to create a balanced economy. In the end it created more problems than solved, and was essentially a tax. The system was prone to abuse by farmers and active players. The decision was made to protect the integrity of the game at the cost of removing a feature most people did not use (based on telemetry).

Wrong answer :(

#28 Capt Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Great answer thread, but I do have one concern over the servers section...

A: Each region is has its own database and unique user names. Regions do not play with or against each other.

I'm not certain how this system will work, but it seems like if users want to play with a clan/guild that has members dispersed over the world (for example, an 8-man premade with users from the US, England, Germany, and Australia), they have to migrate to a central server cluster which results in bad connections for some of the users when not playing with their group or not being able to play with their group.

How would you accommodate this?

#29 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostThontor, on 08 February 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

you may not like it.. but the reasoning is solid... he's right

As much as I don't like the answer I appreciate it. It's better to know and don't like it than don't know at all. I guess if they keep it this way it will be better for the game all of us. Now I want this Command Chair post about ECM :(

#30 ExAstris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

ExAstris - In regards to maps any chance of seeing the City of Toleck (sp?) map? - You know the one from the original Mechwarrior trailer that stated 'In Game Footage', and as such would seem to indicate that map was at least nearly complete back in 2009.
A: The content was created in a different engine, a lot has changed since then, including the design of the game. We plan to add more city levels, now that we have the assets available to us.

lol, I never asked that question!

But glad to see the new format is still working well and giving us answers we care about.

Still looking for that command chair post about ECM. I want my my hell-deaths in pug matches to be because the other guys were better shots, not because they dropped in variants that hold all the information warfare power, subsequently causing my ally pugs to wander around like chickens with their heads cut off looking for enemies that are only 300m away obliterating their allies.

#31 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Nice to see night-vision is being looked at, and we'll be getting more exotic maps at some point in the future.

Still hopeful that ECM will stop being the most influential single module that anyone can possibly take.

#32 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostExAstris, on 08 February 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Still looking for that command chair post about ECM. I want my my hell-deaths in pug matches to be because the other guys were better shots, not because they dropped in variants that hold all the information warfare power, subsequently causing my ally pugs to wander around like chickens with their heads cut off looking for enemies that are only 300m away obliterating their allies.

But that is the way E-Warfare works... Don't get me wrong, I want more things online to balance out ECM like the PPC EMP, the newly added crit slots and health and sensor modules, but E-Warfare should be a part of the game, not just background noise. You lose due to lack of communication and coordination. The big balancer will obviously eventually be integrated voip chat.

#33 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

So glad you guys gave up on the "4-5 eassay" idea. This one is 10000X times better!!!

#34 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Sean Kolton, eh?

Never heard of him, but if he and his company is really behind the original trailer's coundtrack and maybe even the hero mech songs, then I'm happy.

#35 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostAdridos, on 08 February 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Sean Kolton, eh?

Never heard of him, but if he and his company is really behind the original trailer's coundtrack and maybe even the hero mech songs, then I'm happy.

Apparently he did this music... So I am pretty darn excited if we will get tunage like this. I almost want to rip this audio and play it in MWO! Something that is not even meant for MWO already sounds like it works in the game, works for me.

Sean Kolton, I look forward to the bliss you will give my ears while I blow the ferro off of my opponents.

#36 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

So many answers, that was a pretty epic read!

#37 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostPsikez, on 08 February 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

So many answers, that was a pretty epic read!

Agreed!! It was a awesome ATD

More samples of Sean Kolton's music http://www.clockworkpro.com/samples/

#38 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

"A: At this point we are not ready to discuss Clan Technology. We are getting very close to a final design, so look forward to a more official announcement in April/May."

Ummmm...you do know that the Clans hit the Inner Sphere in March right?

#39 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostDeux, on 08 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Ummmm...you do know that the Clans hit the Inner Sphere in March right?

Pretty sure they are well aware.

#40 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostTsunamisan, on 08 February 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Disappointing non of the questions i asked were even touched on.

Same here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users