#41 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postcosti, on 08 February 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Same here.

... probably 5,000 questions... They cannot possibly answer them all

#42 SGT Unther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

so they haven't ruled out the urbanmech...sweet

#43 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well, nice to have details reiterated a few dozen times for emphasis on Mechlab changes... sad to see no discussions of community warfare... or the removed CN9-AH. :lol:

But I guess we're getting some "crouch" function so Clan Squatting Dog can RP Trials of Defecation or something. Yay. :P

#44 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 08 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Well, nice to have details reiterated a few dozen times for emphasis on Mechlab changes... sad to see no discussions of community warfare... or the removed CN9-AH. :lol:

But I guess we're getting some "crouch" function so Clan Squatting Dog can RP Trials of Defecation or something. Yay. :P

Posted Image

#45 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Props to PGI....thanks for the info

PS really forward to getting collision back in and joystick support. Not much of a mouser
CK

#46 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostThontor, on 08 February 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

you may not like it.. but the reasoning is solid... he's right

even so the answer still makes me sad. i hope at some point in the future they reconsider.

#47 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 08 February 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Pretty sure they are well aware.

So that's why they plan to address it a month or two after it happens....hmmm

#48 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostThontor, on 08 February 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

yeah, that was Monsoon's question
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1809103

I guess I stand corrected, one of my questions got answered! :lol:

#49 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostDeux, on 08 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Well you do know that in Wave's 1 and 2 the I.S. pretty much got caught sitting on its hands. Those first two waves and even the 3rd wave were brutally one-sided, with little real response by the Lyrans, Combine or the Rasalhague Republic. The only real reason that Wave 4 was halted was because one Kamikaze pilot took out the Wolf Clan's Khan. Totally makes sense that most troops not near the front wouldn't be involved until months later. So really the one Faction that really should be a major part of fighting the Clans would be the FRR since they're about to loose ~90% of their territory.

#50 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostDeux, on 08 February 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

View PostCoffiNail, on 08 February 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostDeux, on 08 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Ummmm...you do know that the Clans hit the Inner Sphere in March right?

Pretty sure they are well aware.

View PostCoffiNail, on 08 February 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

So then possibly we may see a Fourth wave push, and then they have no real Clan-IS boundries to play with until November next year. This is actually pretty smart of a play out. Though I am sad to think I will need to wait until August or more likely October.

So, maybe Community Ware fare lunch, until October will be test phases, and then come October, real outright Community Warfare is initialzed and the boundires are stuck for a year. Contract for Inner Sphere players, Fight 12 man drops vs Clan, or Inner Sphere. Same goes for Clans. No borders really change too much, just the continual battle for each planet. Gives them a year to tinker and get a handle of Community Ware fare and the bonuses for planets, resources, what ever. A good two years of IS mech development and Map development, and a year of Clan mech development.

Then BOOM Clans come back in November 2014(3051) for Wave Five and PGI Gives us the continuation of Clans Operation Revival/ Clan Invasion.

Clever girl.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1865206

Fourth wave hits August to October. And as I said in the above post in the Clan section, this gives Community Warfare a good year to be established and debugged before the Clan Invasion comes back strong.

Edited by CoffiNail, 08 February 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#51 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

so are you guys going to go acording to lore and create the "NEW" comando varient? the COM-5S
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/3050

#52 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

There are many elaborated answers, which is a good thing. Though I fear that if you continue like this, you will tell us everything about what are you planning in one or two QaA and then you will be just repeating your statements. But no complaining, just keep up the good work!

#53 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Coffinail, you do make. Good point, my only concern is how do you think they will be able to string the community along until then? I mean our team has 121 members, but in the last month we have only half those numbers logging in to play....in another 6 months how many will be left, that's just are team, how will the community as a whole go?

#54 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostBlaze32, on 08 February 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

so are you guys going to go acording to lore and create the "NEW" comando varient? the COM-5S
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/3050

I can make that with a current commando variant?

View PostDeux, on 08 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Coffinail, you do make. Good point, my only concern is how do you think they will be able to string the community along until then? I mean our team has 121 members, but in the last month we have only half those numbers logging in to play....in another 6 months how many will be left, that's just are team, how will the community as a whole go?

Oh, I know that. I am just putting thoughts out there.

#55 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Didn't answer my question ;;

But the sheer amount of useful info in the answers makes me happy anyway!
...Would be good if the depth of field was dependent on where you were actually looking, like if you were looking into the distance the nearby objects would be blurred but the far off objects clear. That's how real optics work.

#56 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

So then....fourth wave we unleash hell on the clans muahaha

Course if it was me relaunching this game I'd have one of each of the clans hitting each house rather then just the poor frr

#57 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 08 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Well, nice to have details reiterated a few dozen times for emphasis on Mechlab changes... sad to see no discussions of community warfare... or the removed CN9-AH. :)

Q&A rules, not answering questions that have already recieved official responses. The CN9-AH was officially declared a test bed for the YLW and was removed before open beta launch. If at some point they change their mind, it may come back, but no answer should mean the official answer stands.

#58 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Hello, i wont hassle around with the good answers and come straight to the bad ones:

12 vs 12 on small maps - the maps we have are crowded already with 16 Mechs (8vs8), they really do not need a mode for 24 Mechs (12vs12).

Region Servers with seperated Playerbases - Its 2013 and the ambitious MMORPGs start to bring the Megaserver, Singleserver, Superserver (or however they name it) technology allowing people to play with people of all around the world at any time from any place.
I do not play this game to be put in a regional Ghetto - i do want to play with players of all around the world at any time from any place and if my ping (and state rewind will probably fix that for most players) is twice or thrice the amount of someone at your kitchen table i dont care (though i may curse him for having such an advantage) but il do my best to destroy his Mech.
To keep it blunt: Separating the playbase is backward !

ECM is not balanced and not an enhancement to the diversity and depth of the gameplay - its only the free kill licence for Light+ECM+SSRM Pilots against non ECM+SSRM Light Pilots.
Its no balanced bcs in every case it was the best or second best Mech variant that got ECM.
Its not balanced bcs it makes the PUG life miserable and it should be named "Anti PUG Measure" bcs it kills the fraction of info a PUG can share compared to a Premade and overwhelms the new player even more that has to learn the Rules like LOS, indirect targetting etc.

Economy - was allways a placeholder and of no interest to the gameplay.
I thought you would finally offer a 3 tier economy gameplay with House Units having no economy but ranks that unlock Mechs, House Merc Units have Ranks and partial Economy and Merc Units full Economy.
But in the end no economy is better than the old placeholder one.

Still these aspects do not break the game - MWO keeps me playing with passion meandering from moments of great frustration to moments of pure excitement so it does something right and i wish and hope you will manage to do much more things right to make it the best game that ever was made!

:)

Edited by Thorqemada, 09 February 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#59 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

This is a great Q&A though I must say it is very very dissappointing to see the split of the euro & NA populations with seperate servers & completely seperate accounts.

I hope you reconsider this, because for a 2013 game, for the global nature of the internet etc this just plainly sucks, some of us get more daytime playtime and prefer playing with euros too. This sucks massively for daytime NA players.

Esp with friends etc, this change means no cross region clans anymore at all? Disaster!

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 09 February 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#60 Conjure

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Artgathan - Is there a chance of seeing 'manufacturer-specific' weapons (meaning that weapons would have variants that are slightly different from each other, such as longer range or faster reload, for example)?
A: Possibly, we have a design for it.

:)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users