#81 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 08 February 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

Not sure that I enjoyed these answers as much as I did in the previous Ask the Devs 30. Every time I still hear a dev say maybe, I die a little inside. Listen, I know anything is possible in the future; that's why it's the future. If you have or have not thought about something, just be honest about it. There is nothing wrong with us, the community, providing you with an idea, or you flat-out saying no to something. A maybe answer tells me nothing I already don't know.

I would also like to say that I feel like I'm not sure of any of the long-term goals of the devs past next month. Like CW is still a big mysterious blob, to say nothing of the Clans. Also some rather elementary features like UI 2.0 are unknown past essentially a block of three or more months. I mean, what does your calendar look like?

First off when do YOU say maybe? You say it when its either something youve considered or something that has been brought to you that you feel would be worthwhile to consider. Right? It doesnt mean at all that they havent thought about it, it means that they would be thinking about it. Frankly this community has had more feedback from devs than you often get about future plans even with them including specific details than you would get with 90% of other game companies out there. Also they have said no to suggestions or questions and as far as the JJ fix goes perhaps they were referring to future past this current coming patch or that maybe he wasnt in the loop for it, they have designers for different parts of a product not just the whole thing at once.

Also you being sure of the long term goals is not something that they even owe you. Sure its business and youre a consumer of their product but frankly they can do what they want with their product and have given more information about future plans once agian than most companies would be bothered to by whiny people like yourself.

CW is something that is huge and they have wanted to keep hushed and even said they didnt want to touch on the topic till closer to the release date. So what else do you want them to tell you?

Elementary features indeed, its a UI. This is a freaking BETA gameplay and functionality in initial testing is a lot more important than a user interface for social aspects, while sure the mechlab and other things can be useful to make things easier for oneself in balancing gameplay once in game for yourself if youre as gung-ho as you seem to make yourself out to be take the two seconds on any of the other tens of resources out there and deal with it till its implemented. Would you rather a well polished ui with all sorts of doodads and functions and information or a game that actually has less glitches and is playable?

I cant believe i even typed this out to explain something so basic but i guess theres a lot of egocentric people on here who cant step back and see the bigger picture.

#82 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostVernius Ix, on 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Glad to see that no important questions were answered. Its good to have traditions, even bad ones.

“One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.”

- Bertrand Russel, The Conquest of happiness

#83 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

It is totally mind blowing hearing the answers on where we are going. If 12 years ago you would have said that there would be a mechwarrior like where this is going, they would have called us nuts. 8 v 8 was the the largest we thought possible, in 20 years.
this game has just begone if it lasts 5 years emagine what it will be like in two. Farout man

#84 Xander Pappyson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCONUS

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Great QA PGI Thanks.

BTW Love all of the trolling and QQ'ing

LOL Thanks forum buddies.

#85 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Well, the Clockwork productions now have the hero mech soundtracks in their samples, so I think it is safe to say they did indeed create them.

#86 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

where are c-bills earned after a match ? i am missing it or they do not show on the end screen ?

thanks

#87 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postsmokefield, on 10 February 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

where are c-bills earned after a match ? i am missing it or they do not show on the end screen ?

thanks

Kinda the wrong thread for this, but once the scoreboard shows us, you can switch between the scoreboard and your own stats at the top.

Edited by Adridos, 10 February 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#88 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

#89 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

No R&R... damn! :)

#90 Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

[color=#959595]I'm more worried about keeping mechs different than any balance issue.. putting in hardpoint sizes would make it much easier make each mech variant more unique.[/color]

Indeed, this will be an issue and atm it is dreadfully overlooked

#91 Tonosama

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

How will having multiple accts with the same name on different regions works on the forums? You will have people with the same name posting on the forums. How will you be able to tell who is who?

#92 Skandrannon

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

I hope player trading is implemented.
I know that people suck, and they'll abuse whatever they can, but I hope it is in.
I was thinking about how people would abuse things, and I can see the CBill bonus for new accounts being abused. I'm not sure how you would get around that besides putting a trade block in place, sort of like Eve online does for trial accounts. Since this is FTP, you would have to make it time based, or perhaps let items come into the account, but not out, until a set amount of time passes.
Thats all I can think of... but then again, I've never been one to abuse games like that... I just play 'em.

Edited by Skandrannon, 10 February 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#93 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostWarge, on 10 February 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

No R&R... damn! :blink:
Indeed. ;)

View PostSkandrannon, on 10 February 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

I hope player trading is implemented.
I know that people suck, and they'll abuse whatever they can, but I hope it is in.
I was thinking about how people would abuse things, and I can see the CBill bonus for new accounts being abused. I'm not sure how you would get around that besides putting a trade block in place, sort of like Eve online does for trial accounts. Since this is FTP, you would have to make it time based, or perhaps let items come into the account, but not out, until a set amount of time passes.
Thats all I can think of... but then again, I've never been one to abuse games like that... I just play 'em.
Ummm... yeah.... no, thanks. :ph34r:
Such player trading leads to farmers and boosters, and the game would be better - and is better - without such a system.

Strum Wealh -What specific capabilities are planned or under consideration with regard to "fleshing out" the Command Console, and how will the Command Console both distinguish itself from the BattleGrid and prove useful to those who take the Commander role?

A: David Bradley is working on a concept, expect a Command Chair post when the design is ready.
I, for one, will be looking forward to said Command Chair post. ;)

#94 JP Alpha

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for all the answers! The information is appreciated. Now I have to go back and reread this a few times...

#95 Circles End

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSol III, Northern hemisphere, Denmark

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

A lot of nice answers this time around.
Just a little sad about my questions not being adressed. I agree that they were probably edge cases, but I still would have liked to know about the glowy Atlas eyes and the arm reflex efficiency for the SDR-5V

#96 JustPyro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Servers:

Nash - You mentioned that EU servers may be introduced at 2013. My question is: Will your pilot name be available on both servers (North America and Europe) or only on one of them? (I ask because otherwise it could happen that 2 different people are taking the same pilot name one at North America and the other at Europe
A: Each region is has its own database and unique user names. Regions do not play with or against each other.

Delas Ting Usee - When will we see Asian Servers? ie. Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Japan etc.
A: I do not have a timeline for Asia yet. When we do, expect an announcement.

Ethidium - Are there any plans for additional servers in North America, if so, where would these servers be located?
A: None at the moment. If we did add more servers, they would likely be on the west coast.

1.2 Can players, that are currently playing on the NA server move their account to the European game region? Or is it a "fluent" system where you are assigned via matchmaking to the best fitting game server?
A: Our goal would be to offer a onetime transfer option. Regions will have their own servers and unique accounts.

What about the many of us that straddle playzones? I work late shifts on the west coast, I often start out my night with other US folks, and end up playing with people from the AU/NZ side. What happens when I change jobs, switch shifts,want to play on a day off, or move to a different time zone? If I choose the EU servers, everyone is asleep on my days off. If I choose the US, everyone is asleep when I get off work.

What is the rationale for keeping things completely separate?

#97 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

much appreciation for the improved communication and some kewl things in there.

Must admit I died a little inside when I saw you had no plans for Ejecting or anything of the sort :)

Considering that you cannot pilot a mech that is still in game and when new or experimenting with different views, dying becomes a BIG part of your game I would've liked to of seen something to make it more... exciting

#98 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

Elementary features indeed, its a UI. This is a freaking BETA gameplay and functionality in initial testing is a lot more important than a user interface for social aspects

This is an online MMOshooter game - a user interface for social aspects is one of the most important things, if not THE most important.

#99 Wizard Steve

• 1,053 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Q: Will 12vs12 be on all maps or just the bigger ones?
A: Yes.

LOL!

#100 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostJustPyro, on 10 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

What about the many of us that straddle playzones? I work late shifts on the west coast, I often start out my night with other US folks, and end up playing with people from the AU/NZ side. What happens when I change jobs, switch shifts,want to play on a day off, or move to a different time zone? If I choose the EU servers, everyone is asleep on my days off. If I choose the US, everyone is asleep when I get off work.

What is the rationale for keeping things completely separate?

and many many many many more questions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users