150 replies to this topic

#101 Straythief

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNetherland

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Is it possible when moving to an european server that I still keep my mech, cbills and mc?

#102 Korso

• Pip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Are there plans to add the Mech Mountable Long Tom Artillery for the Assaults like in the Mech Warrior3 game? It would provide an area of effect splash damage and the battle map could be used to choose the target area.

#103 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

View PostStraythief, on 11 February 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Is it possible when moving to an european server that I still keep my mech, cbills and mc?

You will for sure, however, it still means you won't be able to paly with people from NA, which kinda sucks.

#104 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostThontor, on 11 February 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Explain to me how you get both?

You can't get both, but you can make a compromise.

Doing it so you can switch the server you're on dynamically every time you get into the game, we will enjoy playing uner normal pings, but will have the option to jump with this or that buddy from across the world for a match or two.

#105 Raishi Kytori

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

There's some really exciting stuff here. Lots of "maybes" but a lot of promising "yes"es...I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the new maps!

#106 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostAdridos, on 11 February 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

You can't get both, but you can make a compromise.

Doing it so you can switch the server you're on dynamically every time you get into the game, we will enjoy playing uner normal pings, but will have the option to jump with this or that buddy from across the world for a match or two.

^^ is what I would have preferred.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 11 February 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#107 Lorec

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thank you for these answers. I appreciate the transparency that you are trying to achieve here.

Edited by Lorec, 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#108 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

dont know what the alternative is but not being able toplay with euro players is gonna kinda suck..

#109 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Welcome to North America Online!

Bad move to the international Mechwarrior community; but I'm sure you know that.

PS: You forgot my questions. Were they leading or opinionated?

Edited by pesco, 11 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#110 On1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hell, a quarter of my unit is from Europe. I hope they reconsider the one time transfer option and give us the option of choosing which server we want to play on at any given time.

#111 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for this thread; this is really great.

#112 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostJustPyro, on 10 February 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

What about the many of us that straddle playzones? I work late shifts on the west coast, I often start out my night with other US folks, and end up playing with people from the AU/NZ side. What happens when I change jobs, switch shifts,want to play on a day off, or move to a different time zone? If I choose the EU servers, everyone is asleep on my days off. If I choose the US, everyone is asleep when I get off work.

What is the rationale for keeping things completely separate?

It is my sincere wish that they somehow replicate the accounts between zones. All they need to do is force you to pick a 'primary zone' and then say 'if you log into another zone, you dont get XP or CB'. That way you have access to your equipment, and they dont have to have real time replication of data between continents (which would be rough from a technical standpoint. Simply do a 1 way replication of data once a day as a read only copy. Done.

#113 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Artgathan - Is there a chance of seeing 'manufacturer-specific' weapons (meaning that weapons would have variants that are slightly different from each other, such as longer range or faster reload, for example)?
A: Possibly, we have a design for it.

I'd love to see this in the game. They could really amp up the salvage mechanic by giving out unique weapons as the loot for it. Players love having carrots on sticks to chase after in games, and pursuing rare equipment is a great one.

Think of a mechanic along the lines of this:

You blow up a couple of enemy 'Mechs and have the chance to receive a chassis to salvage. You can use standard techs (free) to salvage the chassis, which can either drop a couple of thousand c-bills with a very low chance to salvage a unique weapon. If you want, you can use c-bills to hire better techs, or you can use MC to higher the best techs -- each tier of techs would have a higher drop rate of unique items, with the MC techs having a the highest rate for salvaging high-end, unique weapons. When salvaging Clan equipment, the success rate for looting Clan equipment from salvage would be very low, to help negate a mass proliferation of unique Clan weapons among Inner Sphere players.

Edited by DocBach, 11 February 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#114 Cody Machado

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationnomad

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

thanks for answering my qustion. and sorry for the bad spelling and gramor. my laptop likes to mess with me. f*** you laptop.

#115 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Deviding the Comunity in NA and EU would be a BIG FAIL!!!

But here a possible solution?:
- only 1 common account-pool for the whole community.
- a possibillity to chose the drop-region (server) in mechlab like you did it with the game-mode (ANY-NA-EU-etc.) which the client stores in the attributes a lá "default".

I have not the overview regarding the warfare system you are planing and how to integrate this idea into it... but I'm sure you'll find a way... :-)

Keep on going! You are great!

#116 Wherewolf

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Devs, good work, love it!

Before i ask the questions, some thoughts. In a hot environment lasers are a disadvantage while in cool environments i'd love more lasers. My loadout would depend on the environment, primarily lasers/primarily balistics and missiles for long range maps. My loadout and/or mech choice depends on the map, so here's the questions

Will there be a possibility to choose maps?
OR
Will there be a possibility to choose loadout for a Mech when a map is loading?
OR
Will there be a possibility to choose Mechs for a certain map?

Will there be much larger maps? i.e. the disadvantage of a slow mech does not come into play on these maps while the advantage of small/fast mechs is minimized. On really large maps an Atlas would be a disadvantage when capturing(taking forever to reach) while a scout can really do some scouting.

Will there be Base defenses? i.e. Why can a small scout just run to an enemy base and capture it on its own?

Thansk for all your ard work, we love it!

#117 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Posted Image

#118 Wolfyop

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

The ones who will go to the European server will have they c-bills and battlemech transpassed to their European account or they will have to start from zero? I hope not.

Edited by Wolfyop, 12 February 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#119 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Nash - You mentioned that EU servers may be introduced at 2013. My question is: Will your pilot name be available on both servers (North America and Europe) or only on one of them? (I ask because otherwise it could happen that 2 different people are taking the same pilot name one at North America and the other at Europe
A: Each region is has its own database and unique user names. Regions do not play with or against each other.

While new server is not going to happen anytime soon I am concerned about player pool and friends we have already made.
It would be better to allow regions to play with or against each other. Like selecting game mode.

#120 RaNDoMPReCiSioN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationThat tiny blue glow in the distance WATCHING YOU

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Thanks again devs for the amazing response to all the important questions of the month. Keep up the good work. It can be hard to give everyone definitive answers.

Edited by RaNDoMPReCiSioN, 12 February 2013 - 09:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users