#201 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postroflplanes, on 12 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Gotcha, I knew I remembered SOMETHING about trees messing with my LRMs haha.

For all intents and purposes, no, they were not, but they flew at about 1km/s in TT.

#202 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

yeah... i'm done again with this game until they really start fixing stuff instead of spending man power to make things pretty/make money.

i know its in beta, but there are some serious balance issues with the game.

View PostVolthorne, on 12 February 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

For all intents and purposes, no, they were not, but they flew at about 1km/s in TT.

yeah, its funny to see light mechs out run my trail of LRMs.

#203 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostRocket2Uranus, on 12 February 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

yeah... i'm done again with this game until they really start fixing stuff instead of spending man power to make things pretty/make money.

i know its in beta, but there are some serious balance issues with the game.

yeah, its funny to see light mechs out run my trail of LRMs.

No point in giving up. Better to use SSRM + ECM to cheese the hell out of everyone until enough stats build up that the devs take action.

#204 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 12 February 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

No point in giving up. Better to use SSRM + ECM to cheese the hell out of everyone until enough stats build up that the devs take action.

its not that i have problems with killing people per say. i do average of 500-900 dmg each round.
its the match making system and ECM ridiculousness that is plaguing my fun in this game.
getting stuck with trial mechs/lights/medium mechs against premade players of 4-6 atlas really kills the fun.
i have no problems with SRM Cats. it's the damn ECM/Match Making system that is stupid as hell.

so tired of being put in games with noobs. i'm always on the top 3 on DMG. And even with losses I always have top 3 DMG. but freaking getting sick and tired of being matched with noobs against pre-mades and seeing my teammates do 0-200 dmg.

MATCH MAKING SUCKS in this game. I doubt there is any rule to the match making system. it's just fill up the spots now. no balancing what so ever. one map i had 3 light mechs 2 medium 1 heavy and 2 assaults on my team. the opposing premade team had 4 atlas, 1 pretty betty, 2 cataphracts and 1 hunchback. And on top of that, 2 out of 3 light mechs were trial mechs. I mean, how the hell are you gonna start a game SO unbalanced from the start? we also only had 2 ECMs while the other team had 4 ECM atlas premades.

after seeing how IGP handled LRMs boat crisis with ECM, its pretty clear IGP is having huge issues with knowing how to balance the game. and now only way to counter ECM is to use PPC? lol. PPC has major convergence issues along with registering hits. it's just getting so ridiculous to me, the game is becoming catered to the clans and not really supporting gameplay for PUG players.

Edited by Rocket2Uranus, 13 February 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#205 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

View PostRocket2Uranus, on 13 February 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

the game is becoming catered to the clans and not really supporting gameplay for PUG players.

Yep, and we have seen games make this mistake before. Then die.

Look on the bright side: If they don't fix the game, some other company will have the opportunity pretty soon :)

Edited by Codejack, 13 February 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#206 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostCodejack, on 13 February 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Yep, and we have seen games make this mistake before. Then die.

Look on the bright side: If they don't fix the game, some other company will have the opportunity pretty soon :)

Such an amazing observation that this game is being catered to a faction that hasn't even been seen yet.
Are you sure it isn't being catered to the Word of Blake, we haven't seen them either.

Again, thanks for the ray of sunshine and hoping that PGI fails and this game dies.
Oh, you know what you could do to help PGI fail, you could stop posting your 'helpful' ideas. Doubtless without your font of wisdom PGI's demise will be assured.

#207 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

View Postwrecker666, on 12 February 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

ECM only negates LRM on its own. If a team mate has TAG or is inside the bubble then ECM is completely useless.
All your arguments about ECM bubbles and ECM completely negates sensors is pointless and completely rubbish.
AMS should be made more effective against incoming missiles. Nothing else need be taken out of the game or tweaked until this issue is addressed. Simple fix for a seemingly huge problem.
LRM's are far too effective, especially if someone is inside the ECM bubble or has a TAG unit. Come on, a weapon that locks on and then is trackable after firing. Only an ***** could miss.
Have a range limitter on the tracking ability or remove it completely.
As for this moan about sensor effectiveness against ECM, everyone who plays this game has the only sensors needed to take down a mech under ECM, and they are in your head not in a mech. Your EYES.
You dont need to lock a mech to kill a mech.
Each mech has an aiming reticule.
Try pointing it in the direction of the big bad mech and fire your weapons a it.
It works for those who dont have LRMs or ECM and they dont whinge about it.

Nice job on trying to refute my previous statements. Most of what you have stated here, is either wrong or opinionated. I am very much aware on how ECM works, I use it most games. ECM works in my favor; doesn't mean I can wish for it to be balanced. I never had problems utilizing lasers or ballistics before and I still do not. Fact is I am not much of a LRM user. I feel them to be weak; it blankets the target, thus spreading damage. They also have a ridicules travel time. I like being able to kill as quick and efficient as possible. So, no. I'm not upset because I can't use the LRM I was already not using. :)
I want ECM to balanced for the new players that we should want here. That is, if we want continued success of MWO.

View PostAsmudius Heng, on 12 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

This is why most people who look critically at ECM implementation are in agreement that LRMs and SSRMs need to change first before ECM can be changed.

Exactly. It is as if whenever someone sees any negative comments concerning ECM, they just assume it's a LRM boater complaining.

NOPE! This is a ECM user's complaint.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 13 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#208 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostRocket2Uranus, on 13 February 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

... it's just getting so ridiculous to me, the game is becoming catered to the clans and not really supporting gameplay for PUG players.

Wait, wait, wait...Didn't PGI change the match making from 8mans vs randoms to 8man vs 8man and now if you choose to drop solo you only have to worry about 4 man teams, and odds are you have a 4 man team on your side as well. I think that was for the "PUG players," and to help balance sides in a match, but what do I know, I'm just a bird.

#209 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostShibas, on 13 February 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Wait, wait, wait...Didn't PGI change the match making from 8mans vs randoms to 8man vs 8man and now if you choose to drop solo you only have to worry about 4 man teams, and odds are you have a 4 man team on your side as well.

Yea, another "fix" that was completely irrelevant to the problem (Sync drops let 8-mans still play against PUGs), and there is nothing in the matchmaker that tries to put a premade on each side.

#210 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostCodejack, on 13 February 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Yea, another "fix" that was completely irrelevant to the problem (Sync drops let 8-mans still play against PUGs), and there is nothing in the matchmaker that tries to put a premade on each side.

You're just a negative nancy it seems. This is the suggestions forum, so what is your suggestion on the fix to this? Actually, better yet, since this is a generic "I'm mad about video games" thread, perhaps making a thread that is titled "Match Making ****" and post your suggested fix to resolve your perceived problems with system currently in place. I'm sure PGI would love to hear your response.

#211 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostShibas, on 13 February 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

You're just a negative nancy it seems. This is the suggestions forum, so what is your suggestion on the fix to this? Actually, better yet, since this is a generic "I'm mad about video games" thread, perhaps making a thread that is titled "Match Making ****" and post your suggested fix to resolve your perceived problems with system currently in place. I'm sure PGI would love to hear your response.

If the game was balanced properly it wouldn't be an issue.

As for me being negative, I was this game's biggest cheerleader until about a week after ECM came out when it became apparent that they had no intention of fixing it.

#212 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 12 February 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

"The Guardian ECM Suite was introduced in 2597 by the Terran Hegemony[1]. Designed to interfere with guided weaponry, targeting computers, and communication systems, the Guardian is typically used to shield allied units from such equipment by emitting a broad-band signal meant to confuse radar, infrared, ultraviolet, magscan and sonar sensors."

Cool. Since we're using fluff from sarna.net as guidelines, how about this one?

First introduced in 2400 by the Terran Hegemony, Long Range Missiles are designed to engage the enemy at great distances at the expense of damage dealt. Adapted towards the profusion of electronic jamming on the battlefield and the effectiveness of current armor designs, these missiles are capable of indirect fire and disperse over a smaller area than Short Range Missiles.

#213 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostCodejack, on 13 February 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

If the game was balanced properly it wouldn't be an issue.

As for me being negative, I was this game's biggest cheerleader until about a week after ECM came out when it became apparent that they had no intention of fixing it.

Oh Codejack... to be fair to the devs, they need to collect data before they make decisions about changing things. Otherwise, they'll keep changing stuff and look like their thrashing. They probably are changing ECM over and over, internally.

#214 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 13 February 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Oh Codejack... to be fair to the devs, they need to collect data before they make decisions about changing things. Otherwise, they'll keep changing stuff and look like their thrashing. They probably are changing ECM over and over, internally.

Then they need to say so, or at least that they are considering it.

But no, Garth came in here and gave a carefully edited quote to imply that the current implementation is in line with TT rules, completely ignoring the next sentence which repudiates his entire point.

Where I'm from, we call that, "lying."

#215 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostCodejack, on 13 February 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

But no, Garth came in here and gave a carefully edited quote to imply that the current implementation is in line with TT rules, completely ignoring the next sentence which repudiates his entire point.

Garth is the Customer Relations guy, he's great and all but he's not a dev nor a designer (though I'm sure they value his feedback).

#216 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 13 February 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Garth is the Customer Relations guy, he's great and all but he's not a dev nor a designer (though I'm sure they value his feedback).

The point is that he is the face of the company, and if he isn't going to be straight with us, he shouldn't be commenting at all.

#217 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostCodejack, on 13 February 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Ask Dev 30 said:

Q: [insert question about ECM]
A: There are a lot of personal opinions about how ECM should work. ECM is currently under review and will undergo minor tweaks along with additions to help counter/disrupt the ECM effects. We are prepping a Command Chair post with details soon.

Command Chair said:

The PPC/ERPPC vs ECM
  • Hitting an ECM enabled Mech with a PPC/ERPPC will disable the ECM functionality for 5 seconds.
  • After 5 seconds, full ECM functionality returns.
  • If an ECM is disabled and the ECM enabled Mech is hit with a PPC/ERPPC again, the 5 second counter resets to 5. It will be possible for a very skilled PPC/ERPPC shooter to disable ECM on a Mech for as long as they can keep chain hitting the ECM Mech.
  • This will be going live on Feb 19th.
The modules "Sensor Range" and "Advanced Sensor Range"
  • Will now affect ECM by increasing the detectable/targetable range of an ECM equipped Mech.
  • "Sensor Range", the first tier, will allow players to detect/target an ECM equipped Mech 15% further away than normal (200m > 230m)
  • "Advance Sensor Range", the second tier, will allow players to detect/target an ECM equipped Mech 25% further away than normal (200m > 250m)
How this affects gameplay:
  • Normally an ECM equipped Mech can only be detected/targeted between 180m-200m. I.e. there was a 20m buffer where SSRMs/LRMs could lock and fire.
  • With Sensor Range, that buffer is now 180-230m. A total of 50m buffer.
  • With Advanced Sensor Range, that buffer becomes 180-250. A total of 70m buffer.
  • Players will have an additional 50m of space to target and fire guided munitions on ECM enabled Mechs.
This too will be going live on Feb 19th.

Changes to help balance and adjust ECM...

Kazly - Would you consider leaving the functionality of ECM alone and perhaps putting a small hitbox on it somehow? As in... it uses an antenna and a direct hit will take it out?
A: We have tuned the crit HP to make it more vulnerable.

more changes to ECM

As well have been told numerous times that ECM, as well with other weapons/equipment, that balance is a continual thing and there may be constant adjustments from time to time.

Also, you never did say how YOU, providing a suggestion, would fix resolve this; thus the "suggestions" part of the forum.

#218 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostShibas, on 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Changes to help balance and adjust ECM...

Yay, weapons that LRM boats won't be using briefly nullify ECM! AND WE GET A WHOLE EXTRA 50 METERS OF UN-JAMMED, UNHINDERED DETECTION? AND THEY'RE SLIGHTLY MORE FRAGILE BUT YOU HAVE TO BADLY DAMAGE THE ENEMY FIRST? YAAAAAY, PUPPIES AND KITTENS AND RAINBOWS FOR EVERYONE!

You must be deluded if you think those are helping to balance ECM.

As well have been told numerous times that ECM, as well with other weapons/equipment, that balance is a continual thing and there may be constant adjustments from time to time.

So we're waiting on things that won't be implemented for months to balance out things we have now, and some of those future items already have their effects covered by ECM as it currently stands....

Edited by Volthorne, 13 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#219 Ordellus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Did I really see someone say "Ecm is broken, don't use missles....problem fixed". Yeah, good idea. Let's get pgi to just remove missles completely, then there won't be anything left to be broken.

Screw ecm and the exploiters that can't win without abusing a failing system.

#220 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

None of the thing Shibas posted are actual fixes for the problem. They're salve from the devs to cover over the gaping wound that is the bad game design of ECM. Sorry designers but the ECM design is a fail made worse by bad LRM and SSRM design.

This game is still in BETA, there's still hope of sweeping changes to fix the three core game play issues (netcode / lag is a technical issue). I really hope the devs take the opportunity to do so, but I'm betting they won't.

Sadly, when the game's population tops out way below what they hoped and dreamed, they won't understand why.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users