Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#7461 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I guess people would of seen this already but I only just saw this on know your meme and others might not have

Posted Image

#7462 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostProtection, on 17 November 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

So today, My Little Pony taught me that clones are not to be considered real people, and it is perfectly acceptable to round up clones for targeted mass extermination and ********.

"Ze first one of you to look avay from ze vall vill be annihilated. Zat is all."

Twilight, you monster. That was a seriously sick and sadistic form of torture.

(but yeah, it was a fun episode)

Sick and twisted......hmm.........i think i need to watch MLP now.........

View PostEgomane, on 18 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

Credits for the following pictures go to http://ask-thecrusaders.tumblr.com/

Posted Image

And on for our Invader Zim friends
Posted Image

Im not sure why i clicked on this thread(its been awhile since ive been here) but something made me........it was GIR.

#7463 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostProtection, on 18 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

And then T-w-i-l-i-g-h-t G-e-n-o-c-i-d-e over there decides that they don't count as people and are free to be eradicated, lower than cattle, really.

Not to mention, the method of extermination looks particularly painful and a horrible way to die.

This scene is really, really, really dark. Look how pleased with herself she is when she's eradicated all but two of the Pinkie-beings. Notice how Fluttershy and Rarity are frightened and disgusted, but powerless to stop her brutal and cruel magical mass murder.

Dark, pain, doom, frightened and disgusted, brutal and cruel?

I THINK I LOVE MLP!!!!!!!

Also : Twilight the Homicidal Unicorn :
Posted Image

#7464 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

View PostMason West, on 19 November 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Dark, pain, doom, frightened and disgusted, brutal and cruel?

I THINK I LOVE MLP!!!!!!!

And here's the scene.

#7465 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I kinda imagine the pinkie clones as similar to the mops from Fantasia, simple magical constructs with one thing on their mind.

#7466 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

*points at the screenshot from the Video Wanderer posted*
Lyra is going to be so jealous . .

#7467 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostStahlseele, on 19 November 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

*points at the screenshot from the Video Wanderer posted*
Lyra is going to be so jealous . .

Her reaction is already captured on video:

#7468 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostEgomane, on 19 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Her reaction is already captured on video:

that's horrible . . i love it ^^

#7469 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

So I just came across this, probably seen already but maybe not. Entire show is in Pinkie's insane mind.

Posted Image

#7470 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

View Postwanderer, on 19 November 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

And here's the scene.

Ok........i gotta ask........what was the point of that? if they were all clones why not just destroy them all?

#7471 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hey, has anyone managed to spot Derpy in any of the season 3 episodes yet?
You'd think she'd have popped up somewhere.
Posted Image

#7472 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 19 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Hey, has anyone managed to spot Derpy in any of the season 3 episodes yet?
You'd think she'd have popped up somewhere.

In the crowd scene in last episode in front of the library, she's facing away from the camera, bottom right.

Posted Image

#7473 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostMason West, on 19 November 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Ok........i gotta ask........what was the point of that? if they were all clones why not just destroy them all?

We got that covered, too. (In the actual episode, one of them is the real Pinkie Pie.)

#7474 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

#7475 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostProtection, on 18 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

I know I'm still talking about it, but that 'paint drying' scene is truly haunting.

Even if the other Pinkies were somehow 'lesser beings' than the 'real' Pinkie Pie - they were still clearly sentient creatures. They were capable of communication (Pinkie explaining things to them, understanding orders and directives), higher learning (learning proper names of Ponies), enjoyment ("fun!"), and demonstrated a desire to survive (none of them would have looked at the wall at all had they no desire to continue to exist).

And then T-w-i-l-i-g-h-t G-e-n-o-c-i-d-e over there decides that they don't count as people and are free to be eradicated, lower than cattle, really.

Not to mention, the method of extermination looks particularly painful and a horrible way to die.

This scene is really, really, really dark. Look how pleased with herself she is when she's eradicated all but two of the Pinkie-beings. Notice how Fluttershy and Rarity are frightened and disgusted, but powerless to stop her brutal and cruel magical mass murder.

The thing is, this totally fits with Twilight Sparkle's Autistic following of the rules. to her those other Pinkie's aren't real people, they're clones, only the "real" pinky is real to her, because that fits within the confines of what she's defined as her world.

Is it still screwed up. HORRIBLY... but it's totally in character for Twilight.

In fact the first two episodes was Celestia trying to break Twilight of her Autistic following of the rules "to the letter."

#7476 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 19 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

The thing is, this totally fits with Twilight Sparkle's Autistic following of the rules. to her those other Pinkie's aren't real people, they're clones, only the "real" pinky is real to her, because that fits within the confines of what she's defined as her world.

Is it still screwed up. HORRIBLY... but it's totally in character for Twilight.

In fact the first two episodes was Celestia trying to break Twilight of her Autistic following of the rules "to the letter."

I would posit that Twilight has a better understanding of the subtleties of the magic involved here than we probably could understand (being the element of magic, magical laws specific to Equestria, etc.), and can therefore make a rational statement as to why or why not the Pinkie clones aren't truly "real".

But that's just kinda a boring cop-out, so I'm gonna go with my theory on the matter. I think that the Mirror Pond doesn't create a clone so much as a "snapshot" or simple reflection of the individual - a copy of the surface of the pony in question that lacks the true heart and mind behind the real pony (or, the depth of the character's personality). So, with the Pinkie's we got the fun obsession, but with a total disregard for others and a lack of any sort of long-term thinking. As such, they weren't so much ponies or clones as they were magical automaton - like golems designed with one goal in mind, the total and complete acquisition of fun.

#7477 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostKasai Oni, on 19 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

But that's just kinda a boring cop-out, so I'm gonna go with my theory on the matter. I think that the Mirror Pond doesn't create a clone so much as a "snapshot" or simple reflection of the individual - a copy of the surface of the pony in question that lacks the true heart and mind behind the real pony (or, the depth of the character's personality). So, with the Pinkie's we got the fun obsession, but with a total disregard for others and a lack of any sort of long-term thinking. As such, they weren't so much ponies or clones as they were magical automaton - like golems designed with one goal in mind, the total and complete acquisition of fun.

I have to disagree since the real pinkie pie could be sent into the pond as well. So if the real one can be sent back, then all the clones must be considered real as well. They were all exact copies in behavior and how pinkie pie acts. The only thing not copied was the true pinkies memories which can only be gained with experience through living. Think of the clones as more of a pinkie pie with amnesia. The reason the true pinkie pie acted differently was because she had memories to reflect apon the situation at hand and came to the conclusion that making clones was a bad idea because she could no longer be with her friends.

So Twilight did commit mass murder in my opinion.

Edited by Hollister, 20 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#7478 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostKasai Oni, on 19 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

I think that the Mirror Pond doesn't create a clone so much as a "snapshot" or simple reflection of the individual - a copy of the surface of the pony in question that lacks the true heart and mind behind the real pony (or, the depth of the character's personality). So, with the Pinkie's we got the fun obsession, but with a total disregard for others and a lack of any sort of long-term thinking. As such, they weren't so much ponies or clones as they were magical automaton - like golems designed with one goal in mind, the total and complete acquisition of fun.

I concur. Also, the word you're looking for is "simulacrum".

#7479 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Considering the clones were the result of a sort of magic spell cast by Pinkie Pie at the pond I don't think they were really anything more than magical copies without any sort of senses other than the desire to have FUN.

It's also not clear if Pinkie Pie would have been killed by being sent back to the pond or simply trapped there.

Leave it to Rainbow Dash to help speed up the process of finding the last clone:

#7480 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

Guys! GAISSSSSSSS!
I think we're losing sight of what's really important here.
This:

Posted Image

That's right folks, moar Derpy toys. Oh yeah, they also make this rainbow colored one as well, whatever.
They're being made by some company called "Funko". I'm not exactly inclined to spend cash on pony toys, but I made an exception for Derpy. God help My diseased brain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users