9227 replies to this topic

#7421 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

I don't really know either, apparently there was a commercial for GAK during the new episode on the HUB? GAK is kinda like a more slimy silly putty, sorta.

this stuff

Posted Image

#7422 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Ugg, do I have to seriously explain it?

Any kid who grew up in the 90s knows about Gak. A slimey, stretchy goo that fit perfectly with Nickelodeon's, "We're going to use slime in every one of our game shows and programs," time.

Apparently one of the commercial breaks for the season premiere featured a Gak commercial played like, 4 times in a row, or something like that.

Considering many bronies are in their 20's (90's kids), they basically had a nostalgia overload.

#7423 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Nostalgia time?

Posted Image

#7424 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostAresye, on 11 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Ugg, do I have to seriously explain it?

Yes, apparently :D

Talking about Gak reminds me of [REDACTED]

#7425 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostSporkosophy, on 11 November 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Nostalgia time?

Oh hell yes.

Posted Image

#7426 Kristof Bowen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7427 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 11 November 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

.....Can someone explain the "GAK" thing to Me? I know I'm not into all these hot rods and rock and/or roll music the kids are into these days, but I have no clue on this one.

Somehow, Gak got so much commercial time during the show that we think it's screen time exceeded most of the Mane 6's. Like, 3 spots in a -row-/

Therefore, Season 3 must star Gak. Gak got more time on MLP than Sombra did.

#7428 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

So what are y'alls thoughts on black magic Twilight? I for one approve and hope to see her again >:]

Posted Image

#7429 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

About that series premier:

I'd really like to have more season finales/premiers more akin to 'At the Gala' than these Power Rangers evil super-villain episodes. I mean Discord was a lot of fun, and the Wedding episode had some good emotional moments, but I feel that the show is at it's best when it isn't simplifying the problems that the characters face into a one dimensional 'baddie' that just needs to be blasted into oblivion. Not that the show cannot have antagonists, but there's a stark difference between the ******* teenage dragons or great and powerful Trixie compared to evil King Sombraro. The characters being disappointed by a big party built up to all season was much more satisfying than seeing some Green Eyed Monster with no personality blasted by incandescent light. I'm really hoping the show doesn't settle into a cheesy formula like that for season premiers and finales (where most of the budget is spent), and can still offer a "big episode" without turning it into a "save Equestria from evil" episode.

#7430 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the Ford Galaxy

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostProtection, on 13 November 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

I'd really like to have more season finales/premiers more akin to 'At the Gala' than these Power Rangers evil super-villain episodes. I mean Discord was a lot of fun, and the Wedding episode had some good emotional moments, but I feel that the show is at it's best when it isn't simplifying the problems that the characters face into a one dimensional 'baddie' that just needs to be blasted into oblivion. Not that the show cannot have antagonists, but there's a stark difference between the ******* teenage dragons or great and powerful Trixie compared to evil King Sombraro. The characters being disappointed by a big party built up to all season was much more satisfying than seeing some Green Eyed Monster with no personality blasted by incandescent light. I'm really hoping the show doesn't settle into a cheesy formula like that for season premiers and finales (where most of the budget is spent), and can still offer a "big episode" without turning it into a "save Equestria from evil" episode.

I gotta say, I was thinking the same thing. Heck, the Gala episode has one of my favorite moments to date of the series. Fluttershy losing her mind. It was great.

#7431 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostHeroicTofu, on 13 November 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

I gotta say, I was thinking the same thing. Heck, the Gala episode has one of my favorite moments to date of the series. Fluttershy losing her mind. It was great.

Posted Image

#7432 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Postwanderer, on 13 November 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

Still afraid of her own shadow too.

#7433 Atomvinter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationAtomic wasteland

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostProtection, on 13 November 2012 - 02:49 AM, said:

I wouldn't worry too much. The season starter double episode for all three seasons were a battle against some evil, but I'm sure the rest of the season will be more good MLP like we're used to.

The start of season three was a bit awkward, but that was mainly because the villain had no personality (unlike Nightmare Moon, Chrysalis and Discord).

I liked most of the opening episodes... When Pinkie stepped out of a Fluttershy disguise was hilarious, and then seeing Fluttershys reaction to the costume on the ground afterwards. Great fun. I also liked black magic-Twilight and jousting-Rainbow Dash ;)

Edited by Atomvinter, 13 November 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#7434 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostAtomvinter, on 13 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

I also liked black magic-Twilight and jousting-Rainbow Dash ;)

I liked the jousting scene as well. Those who chose Fluttershy as their favorite pony probably don't like seeing Rainbow Dash beating her and then trying to get her to keep jousting. I see it as Rainbow Dash possibly getting a little revenge for the incident in "Dragon Quest".

#7435 0oFoxtroto0

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFrozen City

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

u beautiful, crazy, funny ppl....just got on this thread to find almost 400 pages....

#7436 0oFoxtroto0

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFrozen City

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

my favorite scootaloo lol

#7437 SilverlightPony

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostWatchit, on 12 November 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Oh hell yes.

Posted Image

BTW, this is a T-shirt.

Posted Image

#7438 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

#7439 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostWatchit, on 14 November 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

For this gem, thank /mlp/ and Anon. It neatly proves Seth mines 4Chan, too. ;)

#7440 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

View Postwanderer, on 14 November 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

For this gem, thank /mlp/ and Anon. It neatly proves Seth mines 4Chan, too. ;)

Probably. But who knows, people like to cross post things all over the place. It usually doesn't take long for things on /mlp/ to spread to other forums and sites.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users