Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#8241 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Giant mechs make everything better... ponies make everything better... and if you combine the two, well... okay, I've got nothin'.

Posted Image

The mech has seen this thread already, so a fighting scene of it must've been made, you know... to make it 20% cooler.

...God I'm bad with puns. ;)

#8242 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

ok, i did not think i would live to see this day but it has happened . .
it seems something of pony has vanished from the webbernets!

i am looking, specifically, for a comic strip with, i think, 3 or 4 panels.
it's twilight telling some other pony about her cloud storage.
then scootaloo sees rainbow dash buck some clouds.
and because twilights cloud storage is close to ground level, scootaloo bucks the cloud.
much to twilights dismay.
anybody remember/have it somewhere? <.<

#8243 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

our 4th consisted of my best friend and his wife and two (very small) kids coming over, grilling out, and shooting off cheap fireworks.
To kill time during the grilling, I sequestered a copy of Equestria Girls (ripped right off youtube... I srry :D ).

It.... wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Yea, I made the grownups watch it too. Was a lot 'girlier' in general concept, but not bad per se. Lots of little ins for those looking for them. (Most right up blatant one being Twilight had her first wing *****). All in all it seemed about the length and depth of your average FiM episode, just padded out with a lot of (annoyingly girly) songs. Poppy songs... not cute ones. That and the long-legged, big-footed, floaty-running Bratz doll animation were the two only glaring things that bothered me.

But, it wasn't terrible. (Everyone is ponies in the end. whew)

and Vice Principle Luna was a straight up sexy face. LoL

#8244 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 05 July 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

our 4th consisted of my best friend and his wife and two (very small) kids coming over, grilling out, and shooting off cheap fireworks.
To kill time during the grilling, I sequestered a copy of Equestria Girls (ripped right off youtube... I srry :) ).

It.... wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Yea, I made the grownups watch it too. Was a lot 'girlier' in general concept, but not bad per se. Lots of little ins for those looking for them. (Most right up blatant one being Twilight had her first wing *****). All in all it seemed about the length and depth of your average FiM episode, just padded out with a lot of (annoyingly girly) songs. Poppy songs... not cute ones. That and the long-legged, big-footed, floaty-running Bratz doll animation were the two only glaring things that bothered me.

But, it wasn't terrible. (Everyone is ponies in the end. whew)

and Vice Principle Luna was a straight up sexy face. LoL

I ended up watching Equestria Girls the same way since it was not showing near me and I really didn't expect much. I was surprised by what I saw and it was far better than I expected. Even Derpy made an appearance, complete with the crazy eyes.

I would have preferred the movie to be all ponies but for what it was the movie was actually better than expected and at least good enough to watch multiple times.

The wing issue with Twilight made me think of this:

Spoiler

Edited by Zylo, 06 July 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#8245 Zylo

• 1,782 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 05 July 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

ok, i did not think i would live to see this day but it has happened . .
it seems something of pony has vanished from the webbernets!

i am looking, specifically, for a comic strip with, i think, 3 or 4 panels.
it's twilight telling some other pony about her cloud storage.
then scootaloo sees rainbow dash buck some clouds.
and because twilights cloud storage is close to ground level, scootaloo bucks the cloud.
much to twilights dismay.
anybody remember/have it somewhere? &lt;.&lt;

I'm guessing you are looking for this comic?

Posted Image

#8246 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

Yes, i meant that one, thank you! ^^

Edited by Stahlseele, 06 July 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#8247 Zylo

• 1,782 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 06 July 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Yes, i meant that one, thank you! ^^

I shouldn't even be up this late... 0418 PDT but I'm glad I could help.

#8248 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostAdridos, on 05 July 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Giant mechs make everything better... ponies make everything better... and if you combine the two, well... okay, I've got nothin'.

Posted Image

The mech has seen this thread already, so a fighting scene of it must've been made, you know... to make it 20% cooler.

...God I'm bad with puns. :)

Lunamech is best moblie weapons platform.
Also, on a somewhat related note, My Quickdraw 5K is named "Lovely Luna", and sports a fitting paintjob:

Posted Image

#8249 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Anyone here tried out the Legends of Equestria during this weekend's stress test?

#8250 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Nope not yet, last I checked I couldn't get to the site anyway. is it working now?

#8251 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostWatchit, on 07 July 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Nope not yet, last I checked I couldn't get to the site anyway. is it working now?

As far as the site is concerned, it is on it's limit right now, but it's workable with a refresh or two. It worked pretty well a few hours before, so it may get progressively worse as more people try it.

Oh, and to undo the lack of pony pictures on this page:

Posted Image

Edited by Adridos, 07 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#8252 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'm gonna say it. I hate you guys. I could've gone my entire life without seeing this show....Now, I'm on my way to seeing the whole thing (thanks youtube). Darn you MWO bronies! Can somebody sketch me a Gunn tartan stallion or cute Gunn tartan pony now?

#8253 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostStalephreak, on 08 July 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

I'm gonna say it. I hate you guys. I could've gone my entire life without seeing this show....Now, I'm on my way to seeing the whole thing (thanks youtube). Darn you MWO bronies! Can somebody sketch me a Gunn tartan stallion or cute Gunn tartan pony now?

Posted Image

....... I'm not just lame, I'm a travesty.

I never colored anything in gimp like this before, I kind of like it. Might have to do thin with some of the many ponies lurking in My notepad.

#8254 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 08 July 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

....... I'm not just lame, I'm a travesty.

I never colored anything in gimp like this before, I kind of like it. Might have to do thin with some of the many ponies lurking in My notepad.

LOL! Not the tartan, but you went with the emblem instead. Interesting choice. Nobody messes with a stallion with a sword tattoo'd to his flank, right?

#8255 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yeah.... Plaid / Tartan is a really intricate pattern, didn't think I'd be able to do it without it looking like a big smear. But You'll notice that I used dark green and dark red, two common colors in the Gunn tartan pattern, and along with the Gunn crest as the cutie mark, I figured close enough.

On an unrelated note, I watched Equestria girls a few nights ago. I have to say, It's not bad. In fact, the first time I watched it I was buzzing along on a hearty amount of rum and beer, so I just re-watched it (Mostly) sober to make sure My positive opinion wasn't just the booze talking.

It's a good cartoon.

The humor's still there, There's actually a good reason for Spike being a dog, the characters are still, well, in character, It all works. In fact, I'd be okay with Hasbro doing more Equestria Girls. For anyone else who saw the pictures of Spike as a dog and thought "well, that's insulting", don't worry, Spike's totally boss in this! He's back to being the emotional support / voice of reason, and even has a full-on tough guy scene / line in the movie.

#8256 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 09 July 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

It's a good cartoon.

The humor's still there, There's actually a good reason for Spike being a dog, the characters are still, well, in character, It all works. In fact, I'd be okay with Hasbro doing more Equestria Girls. For anyone else who saw the pictures of Spike as a dog and thought "well, that's insulting", don't worry, Spike's totally boss in this! He's back to being the emotional support / voice of reason, and even has a full-on tough guy scene / line in the movie.

... but could've been much better if a few things were changed up a bit.

I mean, c'mon, "I have a masterful plan! I will make an army of teenagers and conquer the whole Equestria with it!" .... you can't go more cliché stupid villian tha... *De magiks* "Will you forgive me?".... okay, I think there is really no way they could've broken the character more. Let's hope they fix her in some way (comics for example) and shy away from such bland characters like her, King Sombra or Brad in Season 4. :)

#8257 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Oh yeah, it was by no means perfect, there were a lot of plot holes and flat writing in there, but the main series itself isn't exactly perfect either. I could type up a crapton of things from FIM that I think just plain suck, but I tend to be very forgiving of stuff like that when it comes to shows like this. They're best enjoyed by turning off the adult, critical part of your mind and just enjoying the ride. I figure if the lead villain is a crackpot chick who hangs out in an alternate universe high school and thinks enslaving her fellow students would help her take over her universe of origin so that she may rule for all time and-

See!?! in this case I think it's fine to just go with it. I know I'm sure as hell not watching this series for it's "Lessons" or "continuity", but for the likeable characters, art style, writing (For the most part) humor, comic book series, merchandise, fan base creations, and-

Must. Stop. over. thinking. ponies.

#8258 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 10 July 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Oh yeah, it was by no means perfect, there were a lot of plot holes and flat writing in there, but the main series itself isn't exactly perfect either..... Must. Stop. over. thinking. ponies.

I agree, but still, those few things strike out waaay too much for the sake of the experience. In the end, noone watched it to get Inception level of story or anything. We all expected and pretty much got something too close to the series to miss out on, but still, they could've handled a few details differently here and there and would have improved the overall experience so much.

Oh, and to ponify this page a bit...

Posted Image

EDIT: Is the pic working now?

Edited by Adridos, 10 July 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#8259 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostAdridos, on 10 July 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

I agree, but still, those few things strike out waaay too much for the sake of the experience. In the end, noone watched it to get Inception level of story or anything. We all expected and pretty much got something too close to the series to miss out on, but still, they could've handled a few details differently here and there and would have improved the overall experience so much.

Oh, and to ponify this page a bit...

Posted Image

1.)
Pic broken
2.)
You think THAT'S overthinking stuff? O.o
You haven't seen my Pony-Thread on dumpshock yet . .

edit:
working for me now, have a like.

Edited by Stahlseele, 10 July 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#8260 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Guys?! HEY GUYS!

It's to quiet in here. I think we need to make a bit of noise:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook