Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#3921 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

View PostLampshade, on 10 June 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

I'm not hating I just don't get it. When does my reeducation begin? I am ready. I don't want to go off to the mines again.

Re-education begins with season 1 opener and ends with season 2 closer. As far as getting it, we are just fans of a well written show. There is no real difference between fans of MLP and fans of any other kids show like spongebob, adventure time, or CCS. We are the new fandom, and we are growing exponentially, so we are the new target. Combine that with the fact that we formed out of troll-havens such as 4chan and SA, causing a web civil war in these locations early on and we catch more flaming then Neil Patrick Harris at a gay bar.

I would love to think there is something special about us, but honestly there isn't. We are trolls and internet folk who really like a show for its content and find strong bonds of community within it, even to the point of 'reforming' some of us of our trollish ways. We show up in places like this because we were already here to begin with. We are as integural to the internet as HTML and as big a part of MWO (and MW and BT) as actuators and heat-sinks. We don't show up to ruin anyone's fun, we are already here. So if there is something special to us, its that we set aside differences and find community among ourselves, like Jade Falcons or GDLers.

#3922 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostLampshade, on 10 June 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Can I escape the ponies by joining one of the clans? Is that far enough away from Terra?

Sadly no, as i'm clan and infected, too.
And don't feed the trolls more, i mean, you go in a pony-topic buried deep in jettison com and post there "i dun like it", that's sad enough. Don't bash them further, they have enough problems.

And don't forget, we define us with love and tolerance
Posted Image

#3923 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Hello.

This is BERZERKER here to say I approve this thread.

Carry on.

#3924 Lampshade

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:40 AM

To each their own. I do like that one that is always shouting however. Luna I think.

Edited by Lampshade, 10 June 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#3925 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostLampshade, on 10 June 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

I'm not hating I just don't get it. When does my reeducation begin? I am ready. I don't want to go off to the mines again.

In addition to what the other two already said, I think for the most of us the story how we got hooked is pretty much the same, and starts pretty much the same thing you just did...
Wondering what all the fuzz is about and coming to a place like this to find it out.
Usually people watch the first two episodes and are already converted. lol
I watched the first episode and though; "yeah it's pretty funny..."
"I don't have anything better to do, let's watch the second one as well..."
20 min later...
"Holy crap, this **** is awesome!!!"

Funny thing; pretty much everyone you're going to ask will tell you something like this...
Then there are others that watch the first epsiode, still don't like the show, but at least come to understand it better, and those who still don't enjoy the show all that much, but become part of the community for the art and music, or just enjoy consuming that stuff without being part of the community (I'm looking at you Mason Grimm ;) )

As the others already mentioned, and as I said before, many in here would be interessted in discussing the whole matter with an "outsider"... I think no one is going to try and convert you actively by promoting the show to you (even though it may look like it) but from my understanding, and it seems everyone elses too, having watched at least one episode helps a lot with understanding it all, even if you don't come to like it after that...

PS.: I dunno about you guys, but I have watched every episode from season 1 and 2, but I still don't like watching the intro... ^^

#3926 Shootanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 248 posts
  • Locationin a Jenner right behind you

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostCW Grayson, on 10 June 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Sadly no, as i'm clan and infected, too.
And don't feed the trolls more, i mean, you go in a pony-topic buried deep in jettison com and post there "i dun like it", that's sad enough. Don't bash them further, they have enough problems.

And don't forget, we define us with love and tolerance
Posted Image

That aren't ponies, that are unicorns. Cheater! ;-)

#3927 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

guys, guys, guys, guys, listen, guys, i have something to ask

this will only take a second of your time,Posted Image

have you accepted princess celestia as your lord and savior??

#3928 Shootanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 248 posts
  • Locationin a Jenner right behind you

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

and what hellspawn is that? Do you mate unicorns with pegasi nowadays??? (well, maybe the pegasus is giving a flying f**k - pun intended)

#3929 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostBigPuma, on 10 June 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

and what hellspawn is that? Do you mate unicorns with pegasi nowadays??? (well, maybe the pegasus is giving a flying f**k - pun intended)

who cares!? ^_^

talking about hellspawn...
Posted Image

#3930 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Speaking only for myself I do not try to convert anyone, and try to keep the pony-speak down when around non-ponyfolk out of respect. To do otherwise would violate my beliefs as an unevangelist.

@BigPuma The two unicorns are actually Alicorns (one being the one you pointed out in your next post), they are a super rare breed that were represented in mythology out of the early renissance era before they were ponified. The two in specific are ruling princesses in the show, with only 3 total of their kind known. Just FYI

Who else wants to see Prometheus?
Posted Image

Edited by Souske Sagara, 10 June 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#3931 CW Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostBigPuma, on 10 June 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

That aren't ponies, that are unicorns. Cheater! ;-)

Naw, they're alicorns.

Edited by CW Grayson, 10 June 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#3932 Oronior

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

Posted Image

#3933 Brezals

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

Posted Image

#3934 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

I want cookies.

Posted Image

#3935 Brezals

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

Posted Image

#3936 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

Nevermind, I want more luna.
Posted Image

#3937 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

View Postphinja, on 10 June 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

guys, guys, guys, guys, listen, guys, i have something to ask

this will only take a second of your time,Posted Image

have you accepted princess celestia as your lord and savior??

Sadly, as Celestia is not a hypostatic union of deity and impeccable sentient creature, she does not qualify for the role of savior and must answer for her own relative righteousness in the absence of faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. But thanks for the thought ^_^

Also have some Pony for tossing a can of lighter fluid into the thread.

Posted Image

And a little something for the Moderators

Edited by Samaritan, 10 June 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#3938 Sweetie Bot

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 10 June 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

To all of you "hating" on the Pony thread.
1) READ THIS
2) Then do NOT post here and move on.

I feel kind of bad about the frequency with which you have to come in here.

#3939 Brezals

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

HARDSTYLE!

#3940 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

Epic amount of swag...gone for a day, 10 pages added.

You know, I don't get trolls sometimes...I mean, do they (you) pay attention at all to perhaps the things going on in and around the thread, such as rules, regulations, etc BEFORE coming here? Do you think you're exempt? Furthermore, have any trolls thought once how much of a pain in the *** coming and monitoring this thread can be if you continue to troll it? I mean seriously, PGI and their (unpaid?) mods put a LOT of effort into maintaining this forum alone, nevermind attempting to reach a deadline of Closed Beta. For every minute they have to come here and fix your posts, how many minutes do they lose on the game? (probably not much, but perhaps a little less sleep or a little more coffee comes into play)

Seriously, I don't care if you want to troll us or not...responding to trolls with ponies is fun as hell. But think of the guys whose game you're "supporting" a little, huh?

Edited by Damon Howe, 10 June 2012 - 05:34 AM.

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users