#1 XXRAZERBACKXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 347 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego, CA , USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I heard this was free ware anyone know where i can get it and if so anyone wanna get a big multi player match going
Posted Image

#2 KT Grim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

I don't think its freeware but I would love to be wrong.

#3 Most Twisted

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationA state of confusion

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

It's free ware

Looking for the correct link.
Tried to download it myself last night but had some sort of problem with it.

Edited by Most Twisted, 27 May 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#4 Costello

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

MC1 was much better imo but i still played 2 regardless. But i have no clue about its freeware status. I would love to get a MV1 mammoth party back up .. one can dream cant i?

#5 XXRAZERBACKXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

http://www.shacknews...der-2-free-game
found it

Totaly down for a big game going if anyone is interested...waiting for paint to dry with the betas has driven me mad

#6 XXRAZERBACKXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Installing off that downloaded link now

#7 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

and here i was reinstalling my old copy of mechcommander gold..

#8 Surveyor

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

View Postphinja, on 27 May 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

and here i was reinstalling my old copy of mechcommander gold..

I did repaly MC1 + addon last week. Somehow i like the setting more then what MC2 offers. Not that MC2 is bad, it jsut is way more fun to kill clanners :)

#9 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostSurveyor, on 27 May 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

I did repaly MC1 + addon last week. Somehow i like the setting more then what MC2 offers. Not that MC2 is bad, it jsut is way more fun to kill clanners :)
That's awesome!
I definitely agree with you as far as having an affinity to MC1/ect over MC 2, It feels like it has more substance.. to me at least. MC2 was still alot of fun, don't get me wrong.

#10 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Here is a little bit of tech support for newer computers.

MechCommander Gold:
  • When you attempt to install the game it runs a 16-bit installer. This game will run with Windows 7 and Windows XP easily, however, if you are running the 64-bit editions of these systems you need to be aware that the graphics will bug and cause the game to crash.
  • For Windows Vista/7 the tweak is simpler than you would think. First, to install the game copy all files from the CD into the desired directory. ex: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\MCG\
  • Then you need to enable compatibility mode for WIndows XP by right clicking the game executable and clicking on properties. Check the "Run in Compatibility" mode box and in the drop down menu select "Windows XP SP3"
  • From there when you run the game and get to the main menu you need to hit a key combination such as Shift+Enter or someting like that. Alt+F4 is not the combination and only hit that if you are rage quitting. :)
MechCommander 2:
  • Run the installer and install it like you normally would.
  • Perform the exact same steps as mentioned for MCG to enable compatibility mode. If you don't the game will glitch horribly right from the start.
  • Next step while you are in the MC2 direcotry is to delete BADCARD and VIDCARD files. They are located in the root of the game direcoty and are easily found sense they are seen as Microsoft Excel files (if you have Microsoft Office installed on your system). These files were 6 months out of date before the game was even released and will cause confilcts with modern video cards.
  • Next is lowering the FPS, this can be done by enabling every kind of shadow and high detail option you can find. Also, there is an option on the first tab about your mouse, uncheck that and apply all changes. When you reload the game you will actually be able to see your mouse. :lol:
  • After that you should be able to play just normally, if you see a DirectX 8 error pop up it's normally a one time deal. I have DrectX 11 installed on my system and it works just fine for me.
I hope I saved you guys a few hours of searching google for some quick and easy fixes. :rolleyes:

Quick Edit: I forgot to mention the reason as to why you have to copy the CD files over to your HDD. Windows 7 officially discontinued the support of 16-bit and lower applications, so that will cause the installer to error out unless you install it on a VM (Virutal Machine) which take additional resources and still have a chance of techincal problems. The only way around this that I found was to use Compatibiltiy Mode.

Edited by Roaxis Stalomainis, 27 May 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#11 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostRoaxis Stalomainis, on 27 May 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Here is a little bit of tech support for newer computers.

MechCommander Gold:
  • When you attempt to install the game it runs a 16-bit installer. This game will run with Windows 7 and Windows XP easily, however, if you are running the 64-bit editions of these systems you need to be aware that the graphics will bug and cause the game to crash.
  • For Windows Vista/7 the tweak is simpler than you would think. First, to install the game copy all files from the CD into the desired directory. ex: C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\MCG\
  • Then you need to enable compatibility mode for WIndows XP by right clicking the game executable and clicking on properties. Check the "Run in Compatibility" mode box and in the drop down menu select "Windows XP SP3"
  • From there when you run the game and get to the main menu you need to hit a key combination such as Shift+Enter or someting like that. Alt+F4 is not the combination and only hit that if you are rage quitting. :)

That'll help quite a few people.This isn't my first rodeo though so i'm...... :rolleyes: up and running

#12 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Nice, Thanks!

#13 Makaveli

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Great! Got a TeamSpeak?

#14 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

Yea Mechcommander 2 is part of XNA Studio from Microsoft so if you want to try your hand at making something out of MC2 go for it

Here is the Correct Link
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=11457
No videos and some different resources to make it a Free Release

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 27 May 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#15 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 27 May 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yea Mechcommander 2 is part of XNA Studio from Microsoft so if you want to try your hand at making something out of MC2 go for it

Here is the Correct Link
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=11457
No videos and some different resources to make it a Free Release

Yes, but you only want that if you are making your own distributions or mods, the one from the first link seems to be much more stable than the one that XNA Studios cranked out. It also includes some mods and other addons to enhance the game that includes WolfmanX's Singleplayer and Multiplayer patches/mods and a few other fun programs. Only downside to it is that you have to either mount the ISO to a virutal drive or burn it to a disk.

#16 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostCostello, on 27 May 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

MC1 was much better imo but i still played 2 regardless. But i have no clue about its freeware status. I would love to get a MV1 mammoth party back up .. one can dream cant i?

It seems that MC1 is freeware too.

http://www.shacknews...-gold-free-game

This is the one Mech game that I have yet to play. I'm downloading it now. I'm up for a party if you and anyone else is interested.

#17 Yoko Kurama

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'm down as well, though I was never any good with either of these games.

#18 KT Grim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Downloading both now.

#19 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

There seems to be a problem with MC1. It says I can't run the setup since it's 16 bit. I attempted to bypass that but the game can't seem to find the mission files once I actually launch a mission.

#20 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Just make a folder and Drag everything Over. It'll work. Go to Prefs and add l resolution=2 or l resolution=3. l=L just make it lower case

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users