28 replies to this topic

#1 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Good Day My Fellow Kurita Warriors. I was thinking it be nice to share our Unit Colors and Setups thus far.

First up my Raven-3L
Posted Image
I Prefer the SRM4 over the extra Streak because if I am out ECM'd i still have the punch of 2 Streaks with my 4. Also when rear coring from behind enemy lines i get a big punch with the SRM4. I'm still thinking about taking out the Tag but Tag is useful when in a group.

Hunchback-4SP
Posted Image
Ah my 4SP. Legendary Really. I've done different setups but I usually go with the 2 Small 2 Meds but i recently upgraded to SRM6s instead of 4s and lost the extra Med Lasers. I found that the head Laser in my play style isn't beneficial since I'm always spreading Damage all over my body so I prefer to be more heat efficient which you will find on all my builds that efficiency over punch is my angle.

Dragon-1N
Posted Image
My 1N is a classic build except for the STD Engine. I know that dragons are prone to getting cored but sometimes the difference between winning and losing might come down to a shoulder. I've had a couple of instances that A STD engine outweighs the punching power of an XL with a AC5 which is what i run if i take an XL.

Catapult-C4
Posted Image
I'm not much for Cats but since I like SRMs I build this C4. Art 6&4s with back up med lasers. I like the build since its fast and hits hard. Still I'd take my hunchi over a Cat any day but If I must I will take my C4

Centurion-D
Posted Image
Well Fast Medium mechs. In the days of yore they were OP. Well My Setup is fast strike or Fast Backup unit. If I need to get somewhere quick and get some good Punches in this is the way i go. People always talk about my Machine Guns on my Dragon and Centi but really they are what they are... Annoying. And Annoying goes a long way.

This is mostly what we run. I kno Bacon prefers the Punch and he will carry 4 Meds in his Hunchi but overall same setups. I'm gonnna try to see if I can get his Cataphract setup which he likes.

Bringing in my New Mains the Treb 7M and 3C
Posted Image
My 7M is built for speed and maneuverability. Couple of JJs make it easy to get around the Battlefield and having speed tweak gives me good speed at 115.8KPH. I setup my Meds Tag with the streak so I'm always putting Damage whenever I'm in range. And of course SRMs for the sake of the Boom. I filled every space of Crit just to fill the Treb to the brim with pretty much full armour,
Posted Image
3C is built for of course speed. It is the only reason to have one. that 345 will get you to 123 even and thats plenty for most situations. with good heat efficiency and a 45 Alpha I'll definitely do its job.

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 24 March 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#2 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for contributing your builds! Love the screen caps. We usually keep many of ours in house, but I have a pink, five large laser Stalker 5M, which I've nicknamed the "Pink Torpedo." A Spinal Tap reference... :) I can post a screen cap of him next time I'm in game.

-k

#3 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 10 February 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Thanks for contributing your builds! Love the screen caps. We usually keep many of ours in house, but I have a pink, five large laser Stalker 5M, which I've nicknamed the "Pink Torpedo." A Spinal Tap reference... :P I can post a screen cap of him next time I'm in game.

-k

Your Battle Cry should be "Fear the Pink Torpedo!" hahaha

#4 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I prefer "I'm gonna sink you with my pink torpedo. ". :P. I'll try to post a couple others with it.

-k

#5 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

The long awaited Pink Stalker:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 12 February 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Is that really pink? Looks almost like a watered down blood stain..:)

#7 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Now that you say it, I like the color even more! Perhaps I will post up some more serious builds. Anyone else like to post?

-k

#8 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

It's soo. Pink that I might walk away in the opposite direction.... Maybe 740m in the opposite direction lol

#9 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hah! Battled against Kdogg in River City Night yesterday. Unfortunately, my side not only lost, but I was also refused the honor of seeing his "Pink Torpedo" (lol @ blackened out name :)) he took out for a walk. There is always a next time, I suppose, although I would prefer fighting by his side rather than against. Kuritans need to stick together!

Anyhow, here is my little pride, the Akashi family's heirloom 'Mech:
Posted Image

JR7-K "Azumi"
Base 'Mech: Jenner
Tonnage: 35 tons
Engine: Nissan VOX 280 XL
Top Speed: 129.6 kph
Chassis: Diplan Scout-A
Armor: 5.5 tons Starshield Ferro-Fibrous
Weapons: x4 Argra 3L Medium Laser, x1 Thunderstroke SRM-4
Heat Sinks: x13 Kong Advanced Coolant TR-12 Double Heat Sinks
Jump Jets: x4 Smithson Lifters
Targeting-Tracking System: Matabushi Sentinel AFCS
Communications: Dawson III
Module Slots: 4

I am considering to upgrade to Endo-Steel as I just noticed I actually have sufficient crit space (after trading -2 DHS for +2 Jump Jets; they are actually worth taking again since the last patch) ... it sounds a bit cheesy on the minmaxing side, but considering how surprisingly cheap Endo is in MWO it is hard to resist. Besides, I want this machine to perform at peak efficiency for Community Warfare at the latest!

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 12 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#10 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 12 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Hah! Battled against Kdogg in River City Night yesterday. Unfortunately, my side not only lost, but I was also refused the honor of seeing his "Pink Torpedo" he took out for a walk. There is always a next time, I suppose, although I would prefer fighting by his side rather than against. Kuritans need to stick together!

Anyhow, here is my little pride, the Akashi family's heirloom 'Mech:
Posted Image

JR7-K "Azumi"
Base 'Mech: Jenner
Tonnage: 35 tons
Engine: Nissan VOX 280 XL
Top Speed: 129.6 kph
Chassis: Diplan Scout-A
Armor: 5.5 tons Starshield Ferro-Fibrous
Weapons: x1 4 Argra 3L Medium Laser, x1 Thunderstroke SRM-4
Heat Sinks: x13 Kong Advanced Coolant TR-12
Jump Jets: x4 Smithson Lifters
Targeting-Tracking System: Matabushi Sentinel AFCS
Communications: Dawson III
Module Slots: 4

I am considering to upgrade to Endo-Steel as I just noticed I actually have sufficient crit space (after trading -2 DHS for +2 Jump Jets; they are actually worth taking again since the last patch) ... it sounds a bit cheesy on the minmaxing side, but considering how surprisingly cheap Endo is in MWO it is hard to resist. Besides, I want this machine to perform at peak efficiency for Community Warfare at the latest!

Very Nice Akashi-san. I would ECM your Jenner anyday. And Yes Kuritans need to stick together

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 12 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#11 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

It was nice dropping with you the other night, but you're right, you were in the wrong team. It's always a thrill to drop in randomly and recognize someone from the forums. I've scored a few kills from players I know from on here, been dropped by a couple, and been teamed with several more.

The matchmaker will begin grouping us all together soon enough. How can you have CW if the MM cannot handle even factionalizing the in game groups? Can't wait for the Kurita groups to be able to team together for planetary conquest. In the meantime though, we have the HK and 9th Sword teamspeaks for our grouping pleasure.

Totally spaced it but otherwise I would have added a mech or two. Maybe a cicada or catapult. At this point, considering this site, mech specs, MWO google, twitch.tv, and being able to see your opponents' loadouts, there really aren't any secret builds. I have a very similar Jenner D to your build, dropping the streaks in favor of SRMs.

-k

#12 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Hai, I always look at the names when the match starts to see if I recognize someone. A few days prior, I dropped at the side of mwhighlander in Caustic Valley (but we lost badly .. "demonstration effect"?), and I recall several months back fighting against Brewer-sama, maybe even during Closed Beta. It was Frozen City and at least there we were victorious.

I really should visit the teamspeak some day - most of the time I only fight 2-3 matches after work, but occasionally I have longer sessions on the weekend. :)

Oh, and I really wish the matchmaker would group us according to faction. I would even appreciate if the game would weigh this more heavily than one's ELO score, although some sort of middle ground between the two might be best.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 13 February 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#13 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

I imagine faction-grouped PUG drops _will_ arrive sooner or later. I cannot possibly imagine that this won't be a part of Community Warfare. It'd be downright silly if it wasn't.

#14 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

In order for CW to work you need to have faction based drops, and THEN go with the ELO values. Eventually we will have planetary "lobbies" of a sort, where player groups of the opposing factions will congregate, and when they are ready to drop, be faced up against an as equal of an opposing team as possible from those on the enemy team who are ready. CW will take the part of focused conflict points where opposing Houses are battling for specific worlds. For example, we may only have 5 to 6 planets in play on a given front, but many players involved in the meta battle.

-k

#15 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Ahh, I may have expressed myself in a flawed manner - I was referring to the matchmaking as it will soon be implemented. Sadly, I do not see Community Warfare coming in the near future, although I dearly wish it were so... The ability of snatching worlds from our decadent Davion neighbors would make the already fun battles all the more enjoyable, but until this becomes possible I would greatly appreciate faction-based PUG drops as a sort of "first step". Technically, it would already be possible right now, ever since the patch that implemented and linked our faction allegiance in the game to the forum profile. :)

And I agree, a lobby would be nice as well!

#16 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

You're totally right though, and it will be necessary to make CW possible. We will get in order (this is my own hypothetical list so nothing official).

1. Faction tags in game
2. ELO MM metric
3. Faction based MM metric
4. Full starmap with conflict planets active. For example, we will only be able to strike on planet level at a time, and may have the choice of perhaps 3 or 4 planets per front, whether it is against Steiner, Davion, or the FRR.
5. Lobbies
6. Implementation of clan mechs.
7. Taking back of our territory from clan invaders.

-k

#17 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

On that note, I do wonder how Community Warfare will be limited in regards to cross-faction relationships. The devs did state they want to stick to the canon, so we shouldn't attack the FRR (supported by our Coordinator), just like Steiner and Davion should not be at war with each other.

Given the size of the the FedCom, I could imagine it becomes largely a 1 meta-faction versus 1 meta-faction thing, although any coordination between Kurita and Liao would probably be accidental, given that the Pan-Asian Coalition between the Combine and the Capellans never really kicked off but just kind of stood there in the room for a couple years. Not that I'd have a problem with this; I would think that Fedrats and Elsies offer ample opportunity for glorious combat, and give us much more reason for a fight.

As the great Sun Tzu said, "if the army is exposed to a prolonged campaign, the nation's resources will not suffice". So let us walk softly on the path of glory, lest we risk our great vision of a unified Star League under the Dragon Banner. :P

#18 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Bringing in my New Mains the Treb 7M and 3C
Posted Image
My 7M is built for speed and maneuverability. Couple of JJs make it easy to get around the Battlefield and having speed tweak gives me good speed at 115.8KPH. I setup my Meds Tag with the streak so I'm always putting Damage whenever I'm in range. And of course SRMs for the sake of the Boom. I filled every space of Crit just to fill the Treb to the brim with pretty much full armour,
Posted Image
3C is built for of course speed. It is the only reason to have one. that 345 will get you to 123 even and thats plenty for most situations. with good heat efficiency and a 45 Alpha I'll definitely do its job.

#19 Karosma

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 09 February 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Good Day My Fellow Kurita Warriors. I was thinking it be nice to share our Unit Colors and Setups thus far.

First up my Raven-3L
Posted Image
I Prefer the SRM4 over the extra Streak because if I am out ECM'd i still have the punch of 2 Streaks with my 4. Also when rear coring from behind enemy lines i get a big punch with the SRM4. I'm still thinking about taking out the Tag but Tag is useful when in a group.

Hunchback-4SP
Posted Image
Ah my 4SP. Legendary Really. I've done different setups but I usually go with the 2 Small 2 Meds but i recently upgraded to SRM6s instead of 4s and lost the extra Med Lasers. I found that the head Laser in my play style isn't beneficial since I'm always spreading Damage all over my body so I prefer to be more heat efficient which you will find on all my builds that efficiency over punch is my angle.

Dragon-1N
Posted Image
My 1N is a classic build except for the STD Engine. I know that dragons are prone to getting cored but sometimes the difference between winning and losing might come down to a shoulder. I've had a couple of instances that A STD engine outweighs the punching power of an XL with a AC5 which is what i run if i take an XL.

Catapult-C4
Posted Image
I'm not much for Cats but since I like SRMs I build this C4. Art 6&4s with back up med lasers. I like the build since its fast and hits hard. Still I'd take my hunchi over a Cat any day but If I must I will take my C4

Centurion-D
Posted Image
Well Fast Medium mechs. In the days of yore they were OP. Well My Setup is fast strike or Fast Backup unit. If I need to get somewhere quick and get some good Punches in this is the way i go. People always talk about my Machine Guns on my Dragon and Centi but really they are what they are... Annoying. And Annoying goes a long way.

This is mostly what we run. I kno Bacon prefers the Punch and he will carry 4 Meds in his Hunchi but overall same setups. I'm gonnna try to see if I can get his Cataphract setup which he likes.

Those are some sick paint jobs! Really like that catapult.

#20 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I have the same paint on my DDC as you have on your Trebuchet 3C. The red lines are much thinner so they appear almost like bloody claw marks.

-k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users