Ngng Shame On You

205 replies to this topic

#181 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostSean Lang, on 10 February 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Interesting how 99.9% of this thread has nothing to do with NGNG. It is just being used as a staging point to discuss the OP's agenda.

Edit: which is fine, discussion on such topics is always good! Just interesting that the OP choose that particular subject line.

The NGNG guys tossed up a video of Sean using the SRM-6 A1 to try and portray it in a "SEE GUYS, IT'S NOT SO OVERPOWERED!" light.

#182 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Interesting how 99.9% of this thread has nothing to do with NGNG. It is just being used as a staging point to discuss the OP's agenda.

Edit: which is fine, discussion on such topics is always good! Just interesting that the OP choose that particular subject line.

View PostOmigir, on 10 February 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

What does any of this have to do with NGNG?

The joke, the subject, the problem on MWO

Your head here ------> X

in short, NGNG were worthless in displaying a Splatcat and sandbagged the entire situation by running a 50 kph A1 with chain fire at medium long range and piloted like garbage with no JJ's.

Basically they tried to defuse it with a lie.

#183 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostInfernus1986, on 09 February 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

no no splatcat is not good your just cheating by using a mouse.

Always use the best tool for the job, otherwise you're asking to lose.

Unless of course, you're just looking for more reasons to complain, because after all:
The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

#184 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Your head here ------> X

in short, NGNG were worthless in displaying a Splatcat and sandbagged the entire situation by running a 50 kph A1 with chain fire at medium long range and piloted like garbage with no JJ's.

wow, you mean some one tried to run a non standardized splat-cat? Shame on them! Pft, this idea is inane. Thats like getting mad at people for running light mechs with Std engines because they dont have enough C-bills for an XL engine.

the OP is unclear on how this relates to NGNG, and you are still unclear on what your point is.. are you trying to say the splat-cat is OP and NGNG is trying to say its not? or are you upset that NGNG called thier sub standard splat cat a splat cat?

#185 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostBattlecruiser, on 10 February 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Always use the best tool for the job, otherwise you're asking to lose.

Unless of course, you're just looking for more reasons to complain, because after all:
The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

I prefer to lose than use any OP mech/equipment.
But i'll still ***** about it on the forums, hoping the devs do actually want to make a balanced game.

#186 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostOmigir, on 10 February 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

wow, you mean some one tried to run a non standardized splat-cat? Shame on them! Pft, this idea is inane. Thats like getting mad at people for running light mechs with Std engines because they dont have enough C-bills for an XL engine.

the OP is unclear on how this relates to NGNG, and you are still unclear on what your point is.. are you trying to say the splat-cat is OP and NGNG is trying to say its not? or are you upset that NGNG called thier sub standard splat cat a splat cat?

It's an established build, with an established purpose, like brawler atlases.
They didn't do a good job of proving that the cat is too good/bad/balanced. Just made themselves look clueless.

#187 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 10 February 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

The NGNG guys tossed up a video of Sean using the SRM-6 A1 to try and portray it in a "SEE GUYS, IT'S NOT SO OVERPOWERED!" light.

I did? I swear I just posted up a normal video that we post up all the time, and it just so happen to be that particular build. It seems you are creating words that never came out of my mourth.

Matter of fact, I enjoyed the build and was laughing about it. Again guys, why are you creating threads like this?

#188 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostOmigir, on 10 February 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

wow, you mean some one tried to run a non standardized splat-cat? Shame on them! Pft, this idea is inane. Thats like getting mad at people for running light mechs with Std engines because they dont have enough C-bills for an XL engine. the OP is unclear on how this relates to NGNG, and you are still unclear on what your point is.. are you trying to say the splat-cat is OP and NGNG is trying to say its not? or are you upset that NGNG called thier sub standard splat cat a splat cat?

It would be like if the UAC5 was never fixed for jam and the Ilya was released

And NGNG ran one with 1 UAC5 and XL.

you have to be stupid to not see the 3 primary variants of Splatcat that are around now.

#189 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

The no true splatcat fallacy.

#190 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Your head here ------> X

So your assuming I did this video with some hidden agenda behind it? Wow, that is far reaching guys. Again, I ask all who are reading this to understand the OP and those involved obviously have their own agenda.

#191 warner2

• 1,101 posts

View PostSean Lang, on 10 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I did? I swear I just posted up a normal video that we post up all the time, and it just so happen to be that particular build. It seems you are creating words that never came out of my mourth.

Matter of fact, I enjoyed the build and was laughing about it. Again guys, why are you creating threads like this?

I'm dying to see this video to see what all of the fuss is about. I've watched a few, always entertaining. Can't watch this one right now, it seems to be stuttering/loading slowly. Will try again tomorrow morning, might be less traffic.

#192 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

I did? I swear I just posted up a normal video that we post up all the time, and it just so happen to be that particular build. It seems you are creating words that never came out of my mourth. Matter of fact, I enjoyed the build and was laughing about it. Again guys, why are you creating threads like this?

Because you betrayed the law.

View PostSean Lang, on 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

So your assuming I did this video with some hidden agenda behind it? Wow, that is far reaching guys. Again, I ask all who are reading this to understand the OP and those involved obviously have their own agenda.

I am the law

#193 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Because you're on the internet? You must be new here.....

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 10 February 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#194 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostOmigir, on 10 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Im starting to wonder if you guys even watched the video (which you didnt even link in the OP) Was not highlighting the build, oh gee look, Phil even says so right her. this thread is inane, you guys dont even know what you are trying to say.

I don't support misinformation and sensationalist journalism.

#195 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 10 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I don't support misinformation and sensationalist journalism.

Journalism? Its a fan podcast, and they are not even selling the build. you just looking for a bone to pick and trying to cause waves. WHy dont you go through and find all the bad builds on Youtube and go after them :\

as i said before, this is inane and im done with this topic.

#196 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostEscef, on 10 February 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

We see the same thing in table top. Double heat sinks make large numbers of small weapons incredibly viable. Combine this with maps that feature a lot of confined spaces (what in table top is referred to as "fighting in a phone booth" or "on a postage stamp") and things get out of hand.
Doubling engine sinks alone is a savings of 10 tons if you can fit all 10 inside. 3050 is an awkward time and we don't have a BV/C-Bill balancing system. Need more bills? Just grind them. Along with how the matchmaker operates. Double heatsinks make Level 1 weapons viable in Mechwarrior Online and most battles are knife fight distances. ER weapons and Pulse lasers offer negligible benefits over their standard counterparts as well. Standoff distance accurate is entirely dependent on the pilot mouse/KB skills and not dice rolls or completely on weapon characteristics. On top of that, the LRM can do almost everything between 180-500m for ranged weapons.

While I don't agree with the thread title or callout targeting NGNG, you're a pillar of the community. "Hey guys, the A1 is just fine!", streamed by such a pillar is going to leave a lasting impression on the masses.

Even I was cringing during the time you were in the A1.

Edited by LaserAngel, 10 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#197 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

Far be it from me to normally do this, but you're posting in an obvious troll thread, about a real problem, that didn't need to be on NGNG, and by responding to trolling 101 accusations, you feed speculation on said matters.

Tell him 'NO U,' and go grind some fatlases while we wait for trenchbuckets.

#198 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

To fix the game?

We just going to Nerf srm6 like we did gauss?

I don't see much gauss on anything but K2, hell you can't keep an AC20 on an Atlas for very long but the K2 keeps on trucking.

See the funny thing is if you feign ignorance it just makes you look like a tool.

View PostVassago Rain, on 10 February 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Posted Image Far be it from me to normally do this, but you're posting in an obvious troll thread, about a real problem, that didn't need to be on NGNG, and by responding to trolling 101 accusations, you feed speculation on said matters. Tell him 'NO U,' and go grind some fatlases while we wait for trenchbuckets.

I love you vass,

But seriously I am the batman of MWO and I'm getting tired of how ignorant the movers and shakers are on the situation.

#199 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

*eats some popcorn*

Man, this is better than the Battletech cartoon!

Posted Image

#200 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostOmigir, on 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Journalism? Its a fan podcast, and they are not even selling the build. you just looking for a bone to pick and trying to cause waves. WHy dont you go through and find all the bad builds on Youtube and go after them :\ as i said before, this is inane and im done with this topic.

good that means you're leaving.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users