http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16826570014

#22 MajCyric

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

i got a R.A.T.7.... $20 bucks brand new from a pawnshop... love the button in the middle behind the mouse wheel.. let's me change the DPI speed down to perfect 200 with a click as the map loads.... mouse pads though have to be a certain kind.... i use this Pad (tons of mouse space.. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817114182

#23 TheCrovax

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

I have the Razer Death Adder - while it might be a bit more expensive, it has 7 programmable buttons (I don't need them all though) and is nicely configurable.

But I guess the mouse itself doesn't matter, just make sure your sensitivity is very low (I play with arround 0.2).

#24 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

My Logitech G500 is great. DPI adjust on the fly too. I would have a look at the Corsair M60 or M65 as well.

#25 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

I got a new mouse recently. R.A.T. 7 surely looks interesting, but I learned my lesson about Saitek (which Mad Catz bought) Cyborg stuff a long time ago with a certain joystick, which broke down very fast. Pretty flimsy. Of course I don't know if this is a problem with RATs, but some comments on the internet make it seem so.

In the end I got a Logitech m400, which is basically somewhat stripped down version of g5 I previously had. G5 was really good until, after 5 years of use, it finally started to occasionally shut off for few seconds. M400 is not that fancy for a gaming mouse, but I expect it to be as reliable as its predecessor.

Edited by Kissamies, 05 April 2013 - 02:30 AM.

#26 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostJay Z, on 29 March 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

My Logitech G500 is great. DPI adjust on the fly too.

YUP great mouse. Have it and i really like it, and i can say LOGITECH support is best thing i ever meet in my life. Just called them and i said my middle mouse button its not working, and i lost my warranty. They just said i need make photo of my mouse and send them email with serial number so i did, 10 min later i got email they send me new mouse <3 i love their support. And every time my mouse sliders gets "old" they sending me new ones for free.

#27 KillerSausage

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hey Darth Mech, I just got the same Gearhead mpt3300 5 button mouse too. I'd like to know if you did anything special to get the 2 side buttons to work in game. Does MWO natively support the side buttons? I'm actually using the mouse in WinXP for an older game. After realizing the side buttons don't work, I installed the drivers/software from their website for that model mouse with no luck for native support, however I can assign letters used ingame to the side buttons using the gearhead software. Might be the game itself (Freespace 2 Open - another awesome game) that doesn't natively support side buttons. Might be WinXP / Gearhead driver combo. Might just be the mouse.

#28 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

The problem is, that most of the more expensive mice are absolutely worth their money and will improve your game by a mile.

I have Cyborg R.A.T. 7 myself. Super sturdy, super accurate (twin laser system that can read movement speeds beyond the normal human capabilities) and very customizable to fit your hand. The thing is quite heavy though (and can be made even heavier with up to 5 6g weight discs) and it might be a little too large if you have small hands. If it does fit though, it will be your best gaming friend.

I've read a lot of reports of the mouse getting less responsive over time but after using it for more than 4 years I have yet to run into any substantial problems other than the random piece of dirt getting caught up in the laser every now and then. The Teflon feet do suffer from wear though and you might need to replace them at some point. Mine still look pretty good after so many hours of continuous twitch gaming (including countless hours of playing Osu)

#29 Skull Leader2

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Had a similar situation just happen to me. My Logitech Performance mouse started phantom clicking after the wheel button got stuck. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a mouse either. I ended up getting the Logitech G602 for around $50 US. So far so good. Has a nice number of thumb buttons without being obtrusive. Very responsive and glides easily over the bare desk I use it on. Wireless which is nice too.

#30 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

I've experimented with many fancy mice, but the only two I can recommend are the Logitech G9 (discontinued) and the classic Microsoft Intellimouse.

The Intellimouse is an old optical mouse, but tracking is flawless on a simple cloth mousepad, and it can be had for under $25 shipped -- search ebay for "black intellimouse". The scroll wheel has a slight tendency to skip, but it's manageable.

Left button: weapon group 1
Scroll button: weapon group 3
Right button: weapon group 2
Left thumb button: toggle max zoom
Right thumb button: consumable
Scroll up: thermal vision
Scroll down: night vision

#31 Airu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

You might also note the mouse size when you choose, some people have small hands, others big.
I was stupid and got razor mamba back in the day, it is small and works for claw grip style, but I found that I prefer palm grip and need bigger mouse. Steelseries ikari had a very nice shape, but I heard about quality problems, so I went with mionix naos 5000 - awesome mouse (with additional weights) that worked great for me for almost 3 years now.

#32 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:28 AM

I've been very happy with my Naga Hex. I match it with an off-hand joystick for movement, and it's honestly what keeps me playing. If I had to do WASD or live with my old 2-button mouse I would have packed it up by now.

I run the left and right mouse buttons as weapon groups one and two, and for the six thumb buttons, I put stuff that is less crucial but still needed - battle map, free look, ECM toggle, weapon group 5, etc.

One thing I really like is that there is that little thumb nub you can use to grip the mouse, and all you need to to is rock your thumb to easily access the 6 buttons over there.

#33 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostSo who took Pilot Name as a name, on 12 February 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

What is this? Have I been out of the loop to the point of missing that now basic PC gear costs the price of jewels?

Dude, the prices for everything is ridiculous these days.
Keep an eye on the stores around you for sales, you're ripping yourself off if you pay full price for anything.

I grabbed a RAT on sale last year, paid roughly half of the retail price.
It's been a great mouse for me, lots of customization, enough buttons to make any MWO build work, and the software for it is easy to use.

#34 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

View PostZahgurym, on 23 March 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

E-3lue Cobra Type-M. Been using it for almost 2 years, best mouse I've ever tried.
5 button(2 thumb buttons, if you're right handed)
3 DPI settings, 1600 highest
Very comfortable for large hands
Wired (personally, I would never use a wireless mouse for gaming)
Only $13 on amazon. http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

well, sir, I shall not kill you on the battlefield for this.
going to order right now after MUCH frustration dealing with miceses

#35 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

The Logitech G-series is phenomenal, and not nearly as expensive as other mice (...other mice that won't even last half as long).

#36 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 30 April 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

The problem is, that most of the more expensive mice are absolutely worth their money and will improve your game by a mile.

Provided you do not fall for flashy design with shitty tech underneath. A lot of mice use old and/or inferior sensors which will misbehave in a variety of situations. For example, the extremely bad Philips Twineye sensor shows up very often in "for gamers" products, including most Razer mice. There are guides on the Internet, and you can save yourself a lot of hassle by checking which mice are good, and which only look fancy.

Edited by Modo44, 01 May 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#37 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

View PostModo44, on 01 May 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Provided you do not fall for flashy design with shitty tech underneath. A lot of mice use old and/or inferior sensors which will misbehave in a variety of situations. For example, the extremely bad Philips Twineye sensor shows up very often in "for gamers" products, including most Razer mice. There are guides on the Internet, and you can save yourself a lot of hassle by checking which mice are good, and which only look fancy.

There will always be people that will try to milk you for as much money as possible while returning as little as possible. I did a long time of research and checking user feedback on the R.A.T. 7 before i decided to buy it and it did not disappoint. As I've said, the thing is top quality for its price as has been running flawlessly for 4 years. I would recommend it to anyone willing to invest the money.

#38 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:08 AM

I think the Logitech G500 is 50 USD.

#39 Vammatar

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

View PostZahgurym, on 23 March 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

E-3lue Cobra Type-M. Been using it for almost 2 years, best mouse I've ever tried.
5 button(2 thumb buttons, if you're right handed)
3 DPI settings, 1600 highest
Very comfortable for large hands
Wired (personally, I would never use a wireless mouse for gaming)
Only $13 on amazon. http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another vote for the E-3lue Cobra series..

I have the Junior and it works great, has held up, and is SOOOOOO cheap compared to other mice. Its super nice being able to change the DPI on the fly as well...so many features of mice 5x its price.

#40 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

I have 2 Logitech G9s (one desktop, one for my laptop - needed a precision mouse for both thanks to engineering / CAD work).
They're both working pretty solidly.

I generally swear by Logitech gear.
As has been said, it's both reasonably priced and reliable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users