The (Mouse) Dilemma.

47 replies to this topic

#41 ThatBum42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

the Razer Naga Hex does indeed look quite nice, and would be the mouse I get if my G9x ever dies. But I do love my G9x...nice and ergonomic, not those awful angular things like other gaming mice. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a good direct replacement since Logitech discontinued it.

I just wish the Hex (and the G9x for that matter) put the DPI adjustment buttons in a more sensible place, I have to hunch my finger up to hit them, and I do it quite often in MWO so I do less spread with lasers. It would be nice if they were along the side of the left mouse button like the more recent Logitech mice.

Also I wouldn't trust Saitek peripherals, I got their first generation Cyborg keyboard and I sweated all the keycaps right off within a matter of months. :L

Edited by ThatBum42, 02 May 2014 - 12:43 AM.

#42 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

For anyone still looking, you can check which sensors are used in popular mice on this list. It is highly recommended to find that out. No amount of build quality will fix random cursor movements. Conversely, some cheap, basic models provide very good tracking.

Edited by Modo44, 02 May 2014 - 12:58 AM.

#43 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

Damn, now I want a RAT7.

#44 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

View PostThatBum42, on 02 May 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

I just wish the Hex (and the G9x for that matter) put the DPI adjustment buttons in a more sensible place, I have to hunch my finger up to hit them, and I do it quite often in MWO so I do less spread with lasers. It would be nice if they were along the side of the left mouse button like the more recent Logitech mice.

Razer has their Synapse software, which lets you adjust your buttons. So you could program one of the side buttons as the DPI adjustment if you wanted.

#45 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:25 AM

Logitech also lets you customise the buttons with 'Logitech Gaming Software'

#46 Petard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGawler, South Australia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Another vote for the Logitech G602, very reasonably priced, 6 extra buttons on the side, adjust dps on the fly, and after being assured by a number of reviewers that its a wireless that works for gaming, I took the plunge, couldn't be happier with it, battery life is extremely good too.

#47 RocketHamsters

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostSo who took Pilot Name as a name, on 13 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Looks like the Steelseries I saw at the shop next door... but the dude was selling that twice the price! Might check out future shop then!

got mine for 30$ at best buy .-.

#48 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostAlpha One, on 21 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Razer Naga Hex. $80 CAD, 6 thumb buttons. And lookitdat, we got 6 weapon groupings ;)

That!

It's expensive, but i like it a lot. Originally bought it for Dota2, but works brilliant for any shooter and MWO especially. Although i don't use more than 4 weapon-groups on any mech so far. So i guess something with 2 thumb buttons will do as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users