#41 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHipsterland, USA

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

I think tomorrow I'll make myself a proper My little Mechwarrior Sig.

#42 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Honestly for the Fluttershy one I would have done "Excuse me, would you mind if I double critted your Gyro against your will?"

#43 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

When I was playing with a clan in a MW4 league, I was still actively playing soccer. So one of the guys got cute, and made this for me.

its about 10 years old, and I will always keep this, just for memories.

Posted Image

#44 Calico Red MacNaughton

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

Those are awesome. I didn't think Twilight's was that hard to find, I'm still looking for Rarity's though.

#45 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...out THERE

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 12 November 2011 - 01:51 AM, said:

Honestly, if I ever get to the point where I run a game's company and I see MLP lovers pop up, I will throw them out the door, consequences be damned. Chances are, it'll get as much positive interest with how much furries like to ***** and scream as it will negative anyway.

1. I thought I said no trolling. Go to 4chan for that.

View PostHappySpawn, on 05 November 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

If you wish to troll, please proceed to 4chan.

2. If you have a problem with our likes, then just go away. You obviously like us enough to feel it necessary to post here. This is a big forum, and thus easy enough to avoid us.

3. How do you figure we harm a gaming community? To my knowledge, the MLP community is just as bad as any other. If you wanna destroy a community, call up the Goons. They'll take care of that for ya.

4. Remember: Generalizations are generally wrong.

Edited by HappySpawn, 12 November 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#46 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

Double post.

Edited by HappySpawn, 12 November 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#47 Twilight Sparkle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 12 November 2011 - 01:51 AM, said:

Honestly, if I ever get to the point where I run a game's company and I see MLP lovers pop up, I will throw them out the door, consequences be damned. Chances are, it'll get as much positive interest with how much furries like to ***** and scream as it will negative anyway.

> Hug
> pat pat
There there, Wong. I'm sure later on everything will be fine and you'll simply find your fears allayed. I really don't think our little part of the community will do much, if any, harm to the whole. :)

That said, I'm surprised it took me so long to get over here, all considering. I think I'll be joining up with you all in this endeavor. Can't go on without friends after all.

#48 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

Friendship IS firepower. One can never have enough friends.

As far as the Corp, me and Happyspawn are currently working on the initial structures and formats of some of the inner workings, along with having the support needed (the current site lacks proper forums, for example. We do have a pledge for TS3 availability when the time comes from one of our members, however.) Unfortunately, there's so little we can do until we get more info on how this game is actually going to work. Regardless, we will be a beacon of friendship in the Inner Sphere. A list of "what we're looking for" will be forthcoming, but I'd imagine most would already expect it as it's pretty common sense (don't be a **** basically.)

As for the haters, all I can say is "meh". There will be no retaliation from me. I'll greet and defeat hug you with PPCs just the same as anyone else on the battlefield. I cannot guarantee Happyspawn won't be teabagging your cockpit's remains, however...

This post probably comes off a bit rambly, but aside from the "HEY LOOK PONIES" I realize there's been little information about the group itself. As such, feel free to ask any questions and they'll be addressed post haste.

#49 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Aside from the fact that I would pay real money to hang those trucker ***** off my Mech's leg mounts I'm kinda' wondering if you guys are limiting yourselves to light mechs for this endeavor. Are all weights of mech to be loved and tolerated?

#50 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

Of course. Hylius prefers heavies and assaults in a "right down the middle" role, whereas I prefer anything that can engage at range (Bushwacker, Catapult, etc.) in more of a support/sniper role. However, we WILL have at least one Rainbow Dasher. :)

#51 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

We love all classes equally. Heck, we'll even love you if you decide to have an UrbanMech (you will, however, be made fun of as the equivalent of a blank flank.)

Have no fear. We love our ponies, but we love our mechs as well. We will not be limiting ourselves.

#52 Twilight Sparkle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

View Posthylius, on 12 November 2011 - 06:01 PM, said:

We love all classes equally. Heck, we'll even love you if you decide to have an UrbanMech (you will, however, be made fun of as the equivalent of a blank flank.)

Have no fear. We love our ponies, but we love our mechs as well. We will not be limiting ourselves.

Hey now, would you really want to act the roll of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to make fun of someone as if they are 'a blank flank' simply because they have a difference of preference?

#53 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

It's uh... loving mockery. Yeah. That's it. We're just showing our love and support for diversity! We're not singling them out because we don't like them. It's because they're their own level of special!

Umm... that is... if that would be alright...

#54 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

Hey now ya'll, that ain't too neighborly of ya. Ain't no reason ta be sayin' stuff like that heah. Ya'll play nice or mosey right on alon', ya hear?

Aww horseapples, Ah've dun gone off topic 'gin.

#55 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

View Posthylius, on 12 November 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hey now ya'll, that ain't too neighborly of ya. Ain't no reason ta be sayin' stuff like that heah. Ya'll play nice or mosey right on alon', ya hear?

That is, if it is alright with you.

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 12 November 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

I almost feel sorry for you troll... But no, you're too pathetic to feel sorry for.

Really? You're really gonna play THAT card? You're gonna come into OUR recruitment thread and call US trolls? How DARE you?! Why don't you just go back to whatever little hole you dragged your sorry self from and let us get on with recruiting people, k?

So, in other words, GTFO!!

Edited by HappySpawn, 12 November 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#56 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Actually, when this was mentioned by Happyspawn I didn't even see anything about ELH (maybe he did and it came to his mind, can't answer that). We were thinking of a merc corp and talking with Ponygoons at the time probably wasn't helping. I see the name being just what we're about: fun. I've played Mechwarrior since 31st Century (never did much with the tabletop aside from a few games) on my DOS. I'm here to stomp around in 'mechs and enjoy myself, win or lose.

I ain't gettin' my tail in a twist over stupid stuff like me disliking other people's opinions on media or a merc corp. name. We ain't here to make no show or nothing. We're here to have fun. If you don't like it, feel free to try to hunt me down on the battlefield and make a target of me (good luck on that, I'm used to being high on priority lists for a variety of reasons.)

As for any other post you make, we ain't touchin' it. I ain't feedin' the troll parasprite no more. Say whatever you want.

#57 Cake Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

#58 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostCake Bandit, on 13 November 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

I had a wall of text ready for this, but... All I can say is well put, Cake Bandit. Well put.

Other than that, yes, the introduction of Ponies may seem almost insulting to BT/MW fans, but seriously, there are goofy Merc Companies out there. If they can fight, let them fight. But on the battlefield. Don't be childish and troll people on their own thread. If there were Pony image macros hitting every thread, then I'd be irritated, but as far as I can tell, it's been contained to two Merc recruitment threads (this and Battle Bronies), and one in Off-topic.

If the Bronies can be respectful (which, as far as I have seen, they have been) and not push stuff on people, then we as fellow MechWarriors should respect their right to like what they like, even if we don't like it. Or, see Cake Bandit's post. Don't discredit the MW community by being a troll.

#59 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

NEW SITE!

After much discussion, Hylius and I have decided to drop the old website in favor of a forum. Why? BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO...or because we figured we could get by with just a forum (that looks cool, too). In addition, the old site lacked capabilities that we wanted/needed, so...

Oh, and it has an arcade... :)

Anyone and everyone is welcome to register as we have a section open to the public. If you want to join, simply follow the instructions in the Join the ELPMC section.

For those who may be wondering, "Is this your FINAL site?" Yes (unless someone is willing to make one up from scratch for us). So c'mon over and help us spread Tolerance and Love to ALL...or just play on our arcade.

Edited by HappySpawn, 13 November 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#60 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Indeed. The sites has been doubled! At least until Wednesday. Then the other will be formally destroyed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users