F2P Players Need A Way To Acquire 'mech Bays Without Buying Mc.

417 replies to this topic

#381 Bren McGuire the 2nd

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostParasiteX, on 16 February 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

My nephew played WoW for several years, and even payed for a couple server transfers and race changes, which go for like 20€ each. Plus the monthly fee is about 13€ per month if i remember right..
So when he did the math one day. He calculated that he has spent over 1000€ on just WoW....
Just the yearly costs goes for about 150€..

And you're whining over paying a dollar for a mech bay? Seriously?..

It's a beta! Most of you are around my age. Most of you earn a very decent wage, many of you even have a family to provide for. Some of you have been introduced to microtransactions through your phones, others through games.

Why so stupid?

This is a game in beta. In it's current state it's niche. What's worse is that now you've paid, you're driving away the content (mostly easy content) - new players. It's time to think about what you can sacrifice in order to give free players a reason to play otherwise what happened with the 8 man queue is your fate.

#382 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostBren McGuire the 2nd, on 16 February 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

It's a beta! Most of you are around my age. Most of you earn a very decent wage, many of you even have a family to provide for. Some of you have been introduced to microtransactions through your phones, others through games.

Why so stupid?

This is a game in beta. In it's current state it's niche. What's worse is that now you've paid, you're driving away the content (mostly easy content) - new players. It's time to think about what you can sacrifice in order to give free players a reason to play otherwise what happened with the 8 man queue is your fate.

Noone is even forcing you to pay either.. You get more than enough mechbays to go around, to enjoy the game...
Heck, if you're are really massive cheapskate, you can just make a new account over and over. And get both 4 new mechbays and cadetbonus, without paying a dime.

And seriously.. if you can't afford a measly 7$ for 4 extra mechbays. Or 15$ for 10.. Then why the **** do you even have internet? Or a computer for that matter.. Last i checked you had to pay way more than 7$ for a computer that can run this game.. And if you can afford that, then you can probably afford to buy a couple mechbays.

And like you said.. It's a Beta. They haven't stated it as anything else. And you pay for it at you're own risk.
And if you don't like the way things are.. Then there's plenty of other F2P mech game out there without a grindy element... oh wait.. no there isn't.

And the main thing that's keeping new players away from MWO is not the price of mechbays... It's more to do with the complete lack of a new player tutorial to help them in to the game. And non sucky trail mechs.

Once they get that in, we can expect bigger surges of new players.

Edited by ParasiteX, 16 February 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#383 Bren McGuire the 2nd

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostParasiteX, on 16 February 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Noone is even forcing you to pay either.. You get more than enough mechbays to go around, to enjoy the game...

Heck, if you're are really massive cheapskate, you can just make a new account over and over. And get both 4 new mechbays and cadetbonus, without paying a dime.

And seriously.. if you can't afford a measly 7$ for 4 extra mechbays. Or 15$ for 10.. Then why the **** do you even have internet? Or a computer for that matter.. Last i checked you had to pay way more than 7$ for a computer that can run this game.. And if you can afford that, then you can probably afford to buy a couple mechbays.

And like you said.. It's a Beta. They haven't stated it as anything else. And you pay for it at you're own risk.

And if you don't like the way things are.. Then there's plenty of other F2P mech game out there without a grindy element... oh wait.. no there isn't.

And the main thing that's keeping new players away from MWO is not the price of mechbays... It's more to do with the complete lack of a new player tutorial to help them in to the game. And non sucky trail mechs.

Once they get that in, we can expect bigger surges of new players.

Calm down! MWO isn't ready yet... it's a product that is in open beta and not fit for market. I am providing my testing feedback: Mech bays should not be monetised if you want dedicated ftp customers (content) to continue playing. The 4 slot mechbay is an unnecessary wall. What PGI need to realise is that even FTP players feel the need to collect and advance, If you stop that, they also stop.

There are many other problems and you have listed some.

I only want MW:O to succeed.

Edited by Bren McGuire the 2nd, 16 February 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#384 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostBren McGuire the 2nd, on 16 February 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Double post.

Nothing stops you from advancing. You have the same oppurtunity to build mechs like the rest of us. But giving you free content does not pay the bills. The price of a mechbay is not going to break the bank. Think of it as an investment into the success of the game.
No one is forcing you to pay, or are they forcing you to play.

#385 Bren McGuire the 2nd

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 16 February 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Nothing stops you from advancing. You have the same oppurtunity to build mechs like the rest of us. But giving you free content does not pay the bills. The price of a mechbay is not going to break the bank. Think of it as an investment into the success of the game.
No one is forcing you to pay, or are they forcing you to play.

You need to think more.... You are not investing in MW:O's success but in it's failiure. Try to think of all the new testers.

#386 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

When you have the initial 4 full you've probably played MWO more than an average purchasable title without multiplayer (30+ hours).
Spending a few bucks shouldn't be a problem at that point.
I'm more worried about the guys that just drop in the trial mechs and cannot get past that point.

#387 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostBren McGuire the 2nd, on 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

You need to think more.... You are not investing in MW:O's success but in it's failiure. Try to think of all the new testers.

Did you fall and hit your head?
Go to a car dealership, ask them to take a test drive. Now tell them, you like the car, but you want it for free.

I know. If you take enough test drives they will give it to you free.

Edited by Gruinhardt, 16 February 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#388 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostM A L I C E, on 14 February 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

F2P PLAYERS NEED A WAY TO ACQUIRE 'MECH BAYS WITHOUT BUYING MC.

No they don't.

I am agreeing with Malice here...god forgive me.

#389 Bren McGuire the 2nd

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 16 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Did you fall and hit your head?
Go to a car dealership, ask them to take a test drive. Now tell them, you like the car, but you want it for free.

I know. If you take enough test drives they will give it to you free.

Again, You need to think more. You may have paid, but THIS IS A BETA. So the head hurt falls on you. I am a test pilot, not a guy walking up to a dealership, that guy at the dealership doesn't have to deal with sync drop teams or even 4 man teams killing him. I would like to test more, but this is a strange beta where people have invested money in making it fail.

#390 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostOmni 13, on 16 February 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

of course you could, but that would be about as much fun as pulling teeth, especially with how grindy earning CBills can be.

can you not read? or are you just being stupid on perpose?

being able to buy mech bays at like 10,000,000 CBills would be great,(and have the price go up for every few bays they buy to keep the benefit of the MC going)

I see you refuse to employ logic and reason in your arguments. Well done.

#391 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostBren McGuire the 2nd, on 16 February 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Again, You need to think more. You may have paid, but THIS IS A BETA. So the head hurt falls on you. I am a test pilot, not a guy walking up to a dealership, that guy at the dealership doesn't have to deal with sync drop teams or even 4 man teams killing him. I would like to test more, but this is a strange beta where people have invested money in making it fail.

Your not a test pilot, your a leech. Every player has to deal with sync drops and 4 man teams. Somehow, you believe you are special and deserving of special treatment.
You are right, the GAME is beta, and no one forces you to play.

#392 Daiichidoku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostBren McGuire the 2nd, on 16 February 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

I am a test pilot

test pilots are paid very well, for flying into shi t they would not normally do and "deal with ****", maybe PGI should pay you for blessing them with your presence, there's a dire shortage of guys like you around, a rare commodity

free players should get force fields and clan tech, anything less would be "uncivilized"

#393 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

This game gives you more as F2P than pretty much any other. You get 4 mech bays. Some camo options. You're missing the ability to play Mecha-Pokemon-Master and Catch 'Em All as well as Magical Barbie Decoration Fun Time and paint all your mechs the colors of the rainbow. Oh, and some generally inferior Hero Mechs.

That's it. You get everything else in the game. For free. You don't even have to pay for the copy you get to play. It's not like you even bought the game and are then being asked to pay for additional content.

I just... I just don't get it. Sorry. Not trying to invalidate anyones feelings but the whole game is incredibly well supported for being F2P in beta.

4 mech bays are plenty. If you just absolutely have to get more then, gasp, why don't you pay for the resource you've been enjoying and consuming.

#394 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

OK, this conversation has gone on long enough......

Posted Image

#395 Daiichidoku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostBren McGuire the 2nd, on 16 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Posted Image

#396 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

:rolleyes: Really?
If you like a game you buy the game. If the sales were large enough there will probably be a sequel, DLC and the like. But if the game makes no money there will be nothing more. Ever. So if you want stuff, buy it. We don't buy the trinkets the company can't pay the people who make the game. we don't get to play the game anymore...
Yes we do pay for the upkeep.

View PostNgamok, on 16 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Scratching my head here.

View PostM A L I C E, on 16 February 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Understatement of 3050...

There must be expert trolling going on here on some level. Is this real life? Are you guys living in the Twilight Zone?

When a business decides to create a product and present it to a consumer base you guys are telling me that there's a RESPONSIBILITY on behalf of the consumer whether or not to ensure the product's success? WHAT?! LOL! SERIOUSLY? Whether or not the product is successful will be determined by a whole lot of factors (product quality, market forces, consumer relations etc.). Because the developer chose the F2P model in the expectation of a higher profit margin than a P2P model does not make the consumer who opts for the pay option any more responsible for the product.

The consumer has no responsibility in the product's well being. If the product is good, consumers will consume more and there will be more consumers at the end of the day. If it's terrible, the product goes to ****. That responsibility remains on the ones who made the product, not the ones who decide to use it or not. Welcome to consumer markets 101. In either case it's absurd to say that there's even an inkling of responsibility on the consumer.

Remember folks, that the above has nothing to do with mechbays and whether or not they should be free or cost c-bills or whatever. I'm not even arguing about that. Please don't strawman that into this. I'm hoping there isn't going to be any reading comphrension fails there.

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 17 February 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#397 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I can't buy tank bays in WoT for free.....yet people still play that game....in fact it holds the world record for most players online at one time on a single server.

#398 Sifright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 17 February 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

Your not a test pilot, your a leech. Every player has to deal with sync drops and 4 man teams. Somehow, you believe you are special and deserving of special treatment.
You are right, the GAME is beta, and no one forces you to play.

DAMN RIGHT BROTHER RESPLECT.

DAMN FREEMIUM SCUM.

View PostArmandTulsen, on 17 February 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

There must be expert trolling going on here on some level. Is this real life? Are you guys living in the Twilight Zone?

When a business decides to create a product and present it to a consumer base you guys are telling me that there's a RESPONSIBILITY on behalf of the consumer whether or not to ensure the product's success? WHAT?! LOL! SERIOUSLY? Whether or not the product is successful will be determined by a whole lot of factors (product quality, market forces, consumer relations etc.). Because the developer chose the F2P model in the expectation of a higher profit margin than a P2P model does not make the consumer who opts for the pay option any more responsible for the product.

The consumer has no responsibility in the product's well being. If the product is good, consumers will consume more and there will be more consumers at the end of the day. If it's terrible, the product goes to ****. That responsibility remains on the ones who made the product, not the ones who decide to use it or not. Welcome to consumer markets 101. In either case it's absurd to say that there's even an inkling of responsibility on the consumer.

Remember folks, that the above has nothing to do with mechbays and whether or not they should be free or cost c-bills or whatever. I'm not even arguing about that. Please don't strawman that into this. I'm hoping there isn't going to be any reading comphrension fails there.

welcome to capitalism market forces operating through cultural and educational forcing.

Where the rich get socialized and the poor get fucked

Where the people are expected to help the corporate at their own expense and loss.

I mean it's only tangential in relation to what you are saying but it's still an example of just how warped and distorted the cultural narrative is becoming.

Edited by Sifright, 17 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#399 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 17 February 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

You can look at it that way. I work for Ford, I buy Ford products. I am investing in the future of the company I work for. I am testing a game that I want to eventually play. To get that game to finished product the DEVs need money.

#400 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

I think it would actually be wise business to award a single mechbay for an achievement. So would be small amounts of MC for starting players and then for some awards. Something you could get a mechbay or a camo or two with. Getting the players checking out what you actually can buy with the MC would probably be well worth the "cost" of giving away "free" stuff.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users