• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostGandalfrockman, on 17 February 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

One Armed Dragon: DRG-C1

I know this looks silly on paper, but its fast, precise, well armored, has a 450 optimal range, and fantastic damage. I run the shoulder and arm mounted guns in separate fire-groups. That way I can alternate most of the time to deliver persistent damage, or alpha when a juicy enough target presents itself. With good maneuvering it can go toe to toe with Assault mechs.

I tried this on a whim, just for kicks, but it has rapidly become one of my favorite load outs.
I can post screenshots later.

This looks interesting as well and the name is kinda catchy :rolleyes: I´ll look into it more closely. Thank you.

I have posted the first two guides:
- Stalker STK-3F Sniper by Anudiz (sent in via this thread)
- Centurion CN9-A Brawler by Orionche (sent in via pm)

More to come in the following days. The order in which I post these guides is semi-random and semi-influenced by the data provided. Please do not be offended if your guide hasn´t been chosen, yet. If you provided everything I require, chances are it will be added very soon ™.

Edited by BlacKcuD, 17 February 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#22 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hi BlacKcuD,

just saw, that you don't have a Catapult build on your side yet.
I wrote a detailed CPLT-C4 guide today. If you want, you can publish a short version of the guide on your side.

Gruß,
Kaeseblock

Link to the Guide:
http://mwomercs.com/...de-the-cplt-c4/

Result of a good match (I don't have a screenshot of my best result, sad but true):
http://imageshack.us...killcpltc4.png/

Edited by Kaeseblock, 18 February 2013 - 05:42 AM.

#23 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostKaeseblock, on 18 February 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Hi BlacKcuD,

just saw, that you don't have a Catapult build on your side yet.
I wrote a detailed CPLT-C4 guide today. If you want, you can publish a short version of the guide on your side.

Gruß,
Kaeseblock

Link to the Guide:
http://mwomercs.com/...de-the-cplt-c4/

Result of a good match (I don't have a screenshot of my best result, sad but true):
http://imageshack.us...killcpltc4.png/

I ll take a look. Thank you.

#24 BertyBargo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBurgerland

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

The Ultimate Heavyweight Medium Mech: Pretty Baby - The Unstoppable Force (I named mine Sanic)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...88364d6ba84c4c4

XL 400 Engine
3 med pulse
3 srm6 x 4 tons of ammo in the legs
Endo and the obligatory DHS in the engine and side torsos
--You MUST use the xl400 for this build. Anything less would be insulting you and the PB itself.

As soon as I saw that the Pretty Baby had a 200+ degree torso twist and could fit a wtf 400 rated engine, I knewI had to own one. An assault that travels as fast as your average elited Medium? What?
The MC pricetag was daunting but after experimenting in Smurfy for a day, MC be damned, who cares about the time needed to get enough cbills to elite and properly kit the thing? I've finally found my calling. I typically place in the top three places whenever I drop and it's a rare day (with my premium running) that I don't make under 180k per match and 120k for a loss.
(screenshots incoming when I get home from work)

Pros:
-Unless you're primaried and thus butchered by the enemy team, it's impossible to deal under 300 damage, even if you're a dumb player.
-You can actually reasonably chase down lights and maneuver well enough to embarrass other assaults as they try to track you down.
-This build has enough armor to be rather forgiving if you make a mistake in a fight.. as opposed to other brawling mediums and lights. Remember to torso twist.

Cons:
-You're gonna need... 35 million+ Cbills to elite the Awesome tree and then have enough cash to actually buy engines/upgrades for your grind etc. It's one of the most expensive mechs you're gonna see out there in terms of MC and cbills.
-You're an Awesome so this isn't recommended for beginning players. The mech itself and cash requirements are daunting.
-Smart enemy players will know that Pretty Babies use XL engines 90% of the time and will try to blow your shoulders. Compensate for that.

Tips:
-Do not engage the enemy head on- turn your torso 90 degrees as you approach. (Incoming pictures here as well) As soon as you fire your weapons, immediately start looking left and right 90 degrees. The Awesome is a barn when it's facing you head on but it's as thin as cardboard when you're looking at its side and the ludicrous 400xl engine allows your torso to twist stupidly fast. I've literally had projectiles fly by my face as soon as I torso twist and Matrix out of the way. Torso twisting also helps spread laser damage all over that humongous torso/make your enemy hit the wrong spot which will do your XL a lot of good. Your arms have more armor than your side torsos- use them to help shield yourself as it's almost impossible to hit the Awesome's torso when its arms are in the way. I've literally had all red core boxes but I still survived the match.
-DONT BE THE FIRST TO THE FIGHT. Its tempting when you're flying at 89kmh but you will be primaried and murdered. Wait until the brawling begins and your enemies have chosen their targets. They will be preoccupied and thats when you move in. Open the map and use your ridiculous speed to loop around behind your target and blast them. Even just two salvos will ruin someone's day. Once the enemy realizes you are serious business, out-maneuver them and keep hosing them/torso twisting.
-Always glance at the minimap. Planning a good route to enemy positions is crucial to the success of this build. You have to be aware of your surroundings to minimize your time pressed up against buildings/walls and to also find targets/be aware of enemy backup. No amount of torso twist will save you if you get hung up on a fence or some random rut.
-Always be aware of your armor condition. If your center and right arm/torso are looking bad, start looking at the left more or twisting a bit more back armor toward the enemy so the damage gets spread around.
-Don't be afraid to run away. If you find yourself alone and overwhelmed, run towards your friends. You can make a good decoy and lead the enemy into a trap. I've had success with this tactic myself. You generally cause enough confusion to allow your team several solid hits on the enemy before they reorient themselves.

If you keep all of this stuff in mind, you're gonna become hell on wheels and so long as you play smart and dont blindly rush into the enemy position, I guarantee you will place in the top three spots when you play.

EDIT:
You can also build Sanic Jr with the 9M if you don't want to pay the MC:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3698672c7e5a1cf

It uses the exact same principles except that the missiles fly out of its torso and arm in a very accurate 'missile stream' unlike the typical shotgun srm clouds.

Edited by BertyBargo, 20 February 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#25 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3dcb356b11d43cc

I've been using this build very often recently. Right now I don't have any screenshots showcasing it in action, but I consistently clear 300 damage and strip enemy components.

Tips for playing it
1. Use that left arm as a shield
2. The heat sinks in the left torso make you very heat efficent and act as crit shields for the SRM4s
3. The AC/2 is not your primary weapon, use it when people aren't looking at you for surprising DPS. It will usually strip components after an SRM volley or two. Also makes some people panic.
4. This build is pretty heat efficient but if heat rises too much, cut down on medium lasers, focus on shielding, and use the missiles a lot.
5. Stick with the group until an oppurtunity to flank a weakened enemy. You're faster than the enemy heavies and lights and a damaged foe will grant an easy kill, or yu will strip components and cripple them. Find a new target once an enemy is crippled.

#26 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

BlackCud, I wanted to thank you for your website it's very helpful for players to select a mech build they want to try out. I had a friend recently start playing and I directed him your way.

Here is a very standard LRM boat C1:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8aa3ae72660c247

Edited by Hedonism Robot, 20 February 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#27 jersey22

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

heres a stalker 5S build that I have fallen in love with 6 med lasers 4 srm6s It gives you a great feeling when you blow a torso out of a atlas at point blank, painted the whole thing black it looks so menacing, blackcud if this is worthy Id love to see it on your site :D

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ce858510dfba959

Edited by jersey22, 21 February 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#28 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

View Postjersey22, on 21 February 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

heres a stalker 5S build that I have fallen in love with 6 med lasers 4 srm6s It gives you a great feeling when you blow a torso out of a atlas at point blank, painted the whole thing black it looks so menacing, blackcud if this is worthy Id love to see it on your site :P

This looks quite deadly but also very cumbersome. You would be as agile as a tiled stove :D I have litte experience playing a Stalker myself so I would like you to write down 3+ playstyle tips for this baby. How do you engage? What are easy targets? Which kind of enemies kill you easily? Perhaps then, you will see this build on the page :D

View Postryoma, on 20 February 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I've been using this build very often recently. Right now I don't have any screenshots showcasing it in action, but I consistently clear 300 damage and strip enemy components.

Tips for playing it
2. The heat sinks in the left torso make you very heat efficent and act as crit shields for the SRM4s
3. The AC/2 is not your primary weapon, use it when people aren't looking at you for surprising DPS. It will usually strip components after an SRM volley or two. Also makes some people panic.
4. This build is pretty heat efficient but if heat rises too much, cut down on medium lasers, focus on shielding, and use the missiles a lot.
5. Stick with the group until an oppurtunity to flank a weakened enemy. You're faster than the enemy heavies and lights and a damaged foe will grant an easy kill, or yu will strip components and cripple them. Find a new target once an enemy is crippled.

There is already a similar build on the page. I will look into yours and decide if I should combine them, add both or only one.

View PostBertyBargo, on 20 February 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

The Ultimate Heavyweight Medium Mech: Pretty Baby - The Unstoppable Force (I named mine Sanic)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...88364d6ba84c4c4

XL 400 Engine
3 med pulse
3 srm6 x 4 tons of ammo in the legs
Endo and the obligatory DHS in the engine and side torsos
--You MUST use the xl400 for this build. Anything less would be insulting you and the PB itself.

As soon as I saw that the Pretty Baby had a 200+ degree torso twist and could fit a wtf 400 rated engine, I knewI had to own one. An assault that travels as fast as your average elited Medium? What?
The MC pricetag was daunting but after experimenting in Smurfy for a day, MC be damned, who cares about the time needed to get enough cbills to elite and properly kit the thing? I've finally found my calling. I typically place in the top three places whenever I drop and it's a rare day (with my premium running) that I don't make under 180k per match and 120k for a loss.
(screenshots incoming when I get home from work)

Pros:
-Unless you're primaried and thus butchered by the enemy team, it's impossible to deal under 300 damage, even if you're a dumb player.
-You can actually reasonably chase down lights and maneuver well enough to embarrass other assaults as they try to track you down.
-This build has enough armor to be rather forgiving if you make a mistake in a fight.. as opposed to other brawling mediums and lights. Remember to torso twist.

Cons:
-You're gonna need... 35 million+ Cbills to elite the Awesome tree and then have enough cash to actually buy engines/upgrades for your grind etc. It's one of the most expensive mechs you're gonna see out there in terms of MC and cbills.
-You're an Awesome so this isn't recommended for beginning players. The mech itself and cash requirements are daunting.
-Smart enemy players will know that Pretty Babies use XL engines 90% of the time and will try to blow your shoulders. Compensate for that.

Tips:
-Do not engage the enemy head on- turn your torso 90 degrees as you approach. (Incoming pictures here as well) As soon as you fire your weapons, immediately start looking left and right 90 degrees. The Awesome is a barn when it's facing you head on but it's as thin as cardboard when you're looking at its side and the ludicrous 400xl engine allows your torso to twist stupidly fast. I've literally had projectiles fly by my face as soon as I torso twist and Matrix out of the way. Torso twisting also helps spread laser damage all over that humongous torso/make your enemy hit the wrong spot which will do your XL a lot of good. Your arms have more armor than your side torsos- use them to help shield yourself as it's almost impossible to hit the Awesome's torso when its arms are in the way. I've literally had all red core boxes but I still survived the match.
-DONT BE THE FIRST TO THE FIGHT. Its tempting when you're flying at 89kmh but you will be primaried and murdered. Wait until the brawling begins and your enemies have chosen their targets. They will be preoccupied and thats when you move in. Open the map and use your ridiculous speed to loop around behind your target and blast them. Even just two salvos will ruin someone's day. Once the enemy realizes you are serious business, out-maneuver them and keep hosing them/torso twisting.
-Always glance at the minimap. Planning a good route to enemy positions is crucial to the success of this build. You have to be aware of your surroundings to minimize your time pressed up against buildings/walls and to also find targets/be aware of enemy backup. No amount of torso twist will save you if you get hung up on a fence or some random rut.
-Always be aware of your armor condition. If your center and right arm/torso are looking bad, start looking at the left more or twisting a bit more back armor toward the enemy so the damage gets spread around.
-Don't be afraid to run away. If you find yourself alone and overwhelmed, run towards your friends. You can make a good decoy and lead the enemy into a trap. I've had success with this tactic myself. You generally cause enough confusion to allow your team several solid hits on the enemy before they reorient themselves.

If you keep all of this stuff in mind, you're gonna become hell on wheels and so long as you play smart and dont blindly rush into the enemy position, I guarantee you will place in the top three spots when you play.

EDIT:
You can also build Sanic Jr with the 9M if you don't want to pay the MC:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3698672c7e5a1cf

It uses the exact same principles except that the missiles fly out of its torso and arm in a very accurate 'missile stream' unlike the typical shotgun srm clouds.

Pretty Baby :D Since this chassis is currently a "hot topic" I am inclined to push this guide onto the site very soon.

#29 Drehl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

View Postjersey22, on 21 February 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

heres a stalker 5S build that I have fallen in love with 6 med lasers 4 srm6s It gives you a great feeling when you blow a torso out of a atlas at point blank, painted the whole thing black it looks so menacing, blackcud if this is worthy Id love to see it on your site :angry:

Maybeyou should rework it a litle?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...056834828db61ad

more heat efficient and faster.

#30 jersey22

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I like what you did there, I didn't think about that derhl, may rework it, why did you move the heatsinks outta the leg I thought they gained a cooling bonus when standing in water and no cases? and blackcud I will def finish it for your site :angry: just give me a few hours lol a lil busy today <_<

#31 burns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationMonerica

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Atlas D-DC

My first ever Atlas.
Ran about 40k XP with this "got it right / brawler" build.
Only very rarely topped out in 1000+ dmg, but usually around 500-700 are possible (when your team doesn´t die the first minute).

Trying something different with 2xUAC/5 since yesterday, somehow feels like enemys shy away from those more than from the LB10 *scratches head*

#32 Drehl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Because I wanted to move the ammo in the legs.. so you can get rid of the CASE and get one free ... free ton. In addition.. since dbl-hs require 3 slots.. you can't put them in the legs anyway.
There isn't water on all maps.. and on those which got water, it's probably not the best idea to stand there in the open.

Double heatsinks are almost ever superior to standards.

View Postjersey22, on 21 February 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

I like what you did there, I didn't think about that derhl, may rework it, why did you move the heatsinks outta the leg I thought they gained a cooling bonus when standing in water and no cases? and blackcud I will def finish it for your site :angry: just give me a few hours lol a lil busy today <_<

#33 jersey22

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

I love it drehl :angry:

and to blackcud <_<

How do you engage? you wanna plan out what your gonna do with this one, Its best from what I've found is to bring up the rear of the group of players your with try to stay in the middle of the group your very good fire support but if that atlas or highlander starts picking your team mates off, just start stompin towards him and lay into him with your srms and use your lasers on his center torso takes 3-4 hits with that to take him out and with the full armor package on this you will be relatively still able to do it again if need be and with drehls adjustments on the cooling and ammo storage you can fire longer and move faster so you may be able to dodge incoming fire.{ What are easy targets? } since smaller things run faster and you can only ping them with your lasers Id say same as a atlas watch out for scouts and light mechs since you have very light rear armor so your gonna wanna be careful where you face, medium mechs and heavy mechs as long as there not grouped you can take them out easy but its not a long range mech so you'll want to use cover or teammates to bring yourself closer for that srm6 punch.{ Which kind of enemies kill you easily? } honestly to this I would have to say as long as you can aim accurately and hit the same spot twice I would say anything you can pepper light mechs with the srm6 if you aim right. and anything else bigger than that you'll def cause major damage.

hows that? :ph34r:

forgot to add paint it black cause its gonna be a menace

(further edit) you want to run this with your missile bays open and ready to fire / key

Edited by jersey22, 22 February 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#34 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

View Postryoma, on 20 February 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Tips for playing it

FYI you know that 3 SRM4s have the same damage as 2 SRM6s, right? If you're going for the tighter grouping of the SRM4s you could even replace one with an SRM2 so you fire all of your missiles in one salvo. The extra weight saved even allows for a higher caliber weapon to be mounted on the arm!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c03a126b1b7d853

#35 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

View Postburns, on 21 February 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Trying something different with 2xUAC/5 since yesterday, somehow feels like enemys shy away from those more than from the LB10 *scratches head*

I noticed that as well. If you want to reliably shoo an enemy away, dual UAC/5 is the best weapon combo for it. Not even Gauss and LRMs do that this effectively for you *scratches too*

I just added another build to the webpage and made some small upgrades to the navigation. I will continue to add builds throughout the next weeks and read everything that is going on in this thread.

Edited by BlacKcuD, 21 February 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#36 jersey22

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

take your time cud let me know if I need to rework anything.

#37 Ranak Dagmar

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, northern midwest US

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

My AWS-PB:

XL 400
2x LgPlsr
1xMpLsr
3xSrm6

Does LOTS of damage in a match, 500+ is average. I use this to run back to the opposition's missle boats and stop them. While enemy assaults are tagging, calling for missles i'm running circles around their boats, killing them.

My first love is my AWS 9M. IT feels like cheating.

XL370
3x LgLsr
3xMpLsr
1xSRM6

A little slower than the PB, but tougher and deals large amounts of damage precisely. Gets more kills than the PB, deals similar or slightly less damage due to heat management.

Awsomes are a misunderstood machine. Truly the 9M and PB are fearsome machines...

#38 Private Backside

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • Locationso far to the east, it's almost a some men's far west.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

really really unerestimated chassis AWS-8R.
well, more fun seeing enemy mechs being blown to pieces.

#39 Gunnisson

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

I'm having a lot of success with this build for the TBT-7M that I've taken to naming "The Brigand"

It's a bit of a different take on the Treb, I've not met another one out there yet. I know it's "considered" a long range partner to the centurion but I dont see that as a reason not to give it brawling capabilities. The ER PPC is key in close quarters as well, allowing your streaks to hit disrupted targets such as Atlai and ECM Lights (provided you're a good enough shot). This build has great stamina and you won't find yourself running out of ammo too soon, however it's not over encumbered by it.

It works well as a skirmisher that can also close the gap and deal serious pain once the brawling starts. 3x JJs are all you need, you can still jump the regular obstacles, like the upper platform on river city, onto almost all buildings, 360 mid air spin etc.

I struggle not to deal at least 400 dmg with this build, regularly put out around 700 in a decent game and managed to clock a 1200 dmg game last night on caustic.

It's fast, its fun, if you can land your ER PPCs, and is a great all rounder medium mech that is well suited to most situations. There isn't a map where you drop into that you think "My build just will not work for this map".

I wouldn't recommend this build for those that can't land ER PPC shots on fast targets, but if you can, you will demolish pesky lights and more with the streaks and the ER PPC. The medium lasers are there to add medium range damage to the build and burst when the CQC kicks off.

This build is very good on heat, you have a lot of control over the heat you generate and generally is quite low, only overheating after extended usage of all weapon systems at the same time, as per most mechs.

All in all, a great all rounder, very decent light hunter, great poke at range, JJs, maneuverability to stay alive in a brawl and most importantly, fun as heck to play.

#40 BertyBargo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBurgerland

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostBlacKcuD, on 21 February 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Pretty Baby :D Since this chassis is currently a "hot topic" I am inclined to push this guide onto the site very soon.

I believe PB was designed to be a brawler. You can also switch the med pulses for medlas and add artemis to the srm6s for a slight range boost, but I really prefer the pulses.

Also, the ELO is feeding me much smarter opponents and it's getting harder not to get side-cored.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users