CT 45/19
LT 36/16
RT 36/16
LA 32
RA 32
LL 39
RL 39

Heat 1.26

Edited by Deathfox619, 19 February 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#2 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Mine's:
4x ML
2x ASRM6 w/ 2T ammo
XL 350
13DHS
Ferro
Endo
DHS
Artemis

It may be expensive, but it's almost as fast as my Jenner, but with more firepower, more armor, and more heatsinks.

#3 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

I went the other way with mine and made a fairly conventional LRM boat at the expense of a smaller engine.

Here's my build.

2xLRM15+Art, 4 tons ammo, 3XMLAS, TAG, and AMS. Much more armour than stock. Can fire the LRMs all day without an issue, but the heat builds quickly when you add in the lasers. A light trigger finger is a must.

Both TAG and AMS were very important to me. I think any build that is investing the majority of its tonnage and damage into LRMs MUST have TAG. If you can't cut through ECM or maximize your damage with em, you might as well carry something else. AMS has suddenly become a must have again, like back in the first days of open beta. Alpine is one huge wide open area with little natural cover to hide behind. Atlas-D-DCs ECM umbrella has been significantly neutered by PPCs, and more LRMs are on the field than ever thanks to Treb-fever.

If you were willing to drop AMS you could add a much needed DHS to the build or up the engine size. I would kind of love to put BAP on it because I'm obsessed with quick locks...

Edited by Wrenchfarm, 20 February 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#4 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 20 February 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

I went the other way with mine and made a fairly conventional LRM boat at the expense of a smaller engine.

Here's my build.

2xLRM15+Art, 4 tons ammo, 3XMLAS, TAG, and AMS. Much more armour than stock. Can fire the LRMs all day without an issue, but the heat builds quickly when you add in the lasers. A light trigger finger is a must.

This is exactly why I skipped Tresbuckaroos. All the three 2xLRM15 capable variants needs to downgrade engines big time to save up enough weight for LRM ammo. My Pult C1 would do the LRM for me, marginally sacrificing speed for quite a bit more armor, and there's always the old faithful 4SP to brawl with. Other than that we have a Hunchback-like CN9-D and a dumbed down version of Pretty Baby.

I guess I'll start to save up for JagerMech now. ALL THOSE BALLISTICS. ALLOFTHEM.

#5 Uspez

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

I got the patch, noticed that the 3C could max out on a 390 engine and bought it without thinking. Been switching between my xl300, xl340 and xl360 just trying to find the best balance.

It should be interesting to see what people can come up for a build including the xl390! I messed around on smurfy and came up with 4 med laser, 2 lrm5 build with 232 armor but dunno how effective that would prove.

#6 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 20 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

This is exactly why I skipped Tresbuckaroos. All the three 2xLRM15 capable variants needs to downgrade engines big time to save up enough weight for LRM ammo. My Pult C1 would do the LRM for me, marginally sacrificing speed for quite a bit more armor, and there's always the old faithful 4SP to brawl with. Other than that we have a Hunchback-like CN9-D and a dumbed down version of Pretty Baby.

I guess I'll start to save up for JagerMech now. ALL THOSE BALLISTICS. ALLOFTHEM.

Pretty much! The advantage though is that you get to bring the power of a Cat-C1 to the field without spawning a heavy on the other side.

I guess a good rule of thumb would be to drop in a LRM Treb if you're working with a team that can make use/protect a dedicated support mech, but stick with the 4SP and other more dependable brawling mediums if your on your own. I love the medium support role so the Treb works for me, but I can see where others would think it was completely skippable.

Other Trebs do have some interesting options. I suspect we'll be seeing some cheesy stuff from the 7K and 7M. They both look ripe for shenanigans.

#7 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 20 February 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Here's my build.

Both TAG and AMS were very important to me. I think any build that is investing the majority of its tonnage and damage into LRMs MUST have TAG. If you can't cut through ECM or maximize your damage with em, you might as well carry something else. AMS has suddenly become a must have again, like back in the first days of open beta. Alpine is one huge wide open area with little natural cover to hide behind. Atlas-D-DCs ECM umbrella has been significantly neutered by PPCs, and more LRMs are on the field than ever thanks to Treb-fever.

If you were willing to drop AMS you could add a much needed DHS to the build or up the engine size. I would kind of love to put BAP on it because I'm obsessed with quick locks...

do you think artemis is a must with that build ? id go for bap !

#8 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostLordDante, on 20 February 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Yes and no. I think with only 720 LRMs I want as many of them as possible to hit and Artemis will help. But I do love BAP and that quick-lock goodness. You could always trade the AMS for it (although right now I'm kinda liking the AMS) or do some deep armour cutting to make it work.
Ehhhh....

You can do it, but you're getting pretty fragile! Glass legs, thin skull, wimpy arms. Then again, if you're keeping your distance maybe you can afford to lose the armour? I never said it was a great idea, just that you can do it...

#9 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostWrenchfarm, on 20 February 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

Yes and no. I think with only 720 LRMs I want as many of them as possible to hit and Artemis will help. But I do love BAP and that quick-lock goodness. You could always trade the AMS for it (although right now I'm kinda liking the AMS) or do some deep armour cutting to make it work.
Ehhhh....

You can do it, but you're getting pretty fragile! Glass legs, thin skull, wimpy arms. Then again, if you're keeping your distance maybe you can afford to lose the armour? I never said it was a great idea, just that you can do it...

i see a lot of cbills disapearing tonight ;)

#10 Name115734

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

My most fun 3C build so far.

I call it super commando

xl 390
3 small lasers
1 Flamer
2 stks
FF, ES

I have only played 2 games in it so far. First game 558 dmg 3 kills 6 assists; I hunted down a cicada and two jennys, for which I had to SLOW down to keep in thier rear lol. 2nd game ~400 dmg 4 kills 6 assists; Took out a stalker, k2, flame and another treb (7M it think).

This is the BEST distration mech ever IMO! I have had mechs run away for simply being blinded and shaken so much they could not target me. Just keep moving and flaming thier cockpit, chian the stks and keep smacking them with small lasers, they won't be able to see what the heck is going on. If you matched up with an A1 Splat who knew how to use thier jets properly you would be near invincible together.

Big weakness would be 3L's or 2D's, so be wary of them.

Edited by No Remorse, 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#11 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

[Build] Runs hot, but PPC seems to work better than TAG in my case. Taking up an energy slot means it better be doing damage.

View PostLordDante, on 20 February 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

TBT-3C is 8m C-Bills, but comes with all important upgrades already on it. Just about every build here is near-stock.

Edited by Stingz, 20 February 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#12 4b4dd0n

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Mine is

350xl
2 MLs
1 ERPPC
2 SSRM2 with 1 Ton ammo

Works fine for me and i love the speed

#13 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 19 February 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Mine's:
4x ML
2x ASRM6 w/ 2T ammo
XL 350
13DHS
Ferro
Endo
DHS
Artemis

It may be expensive, but it's almost as fast as my Jenner, but with more firepower, more armor, and more heatsinks.

Mine is almost the same just a xl360 and 11 dhs.

#14 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Im running mine with the stock 300 xl 15dhs artemis and endo

2 srm6s
3 mpls
320 armor but onemedics build looks like a much better build and iv been having some success with mine so i can imagine that one, gonna try it guesa im just a freak when it comes to pulse lasers there so gratifying.

And to all us 3c pilots keep it up gotta love every mech coming at us thinking theyve got a easy kill in the bag only to have there minds change quickly because they werent expecting us to go fast as a light with more firepower than a drg.

#15 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

XL380, 4 MLAS, 2 streaks. Oh, how I love you my little speed-bucket. 3C, you do stuff my other mechs are far too prudish to even contemplate.

#16 Marchant Consadine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Stock basically, but you must have 25% sensor range module. Doing 100kph (+ - something depending on whether you have speed tweak) with artemis LRMs and some well played maneuvering (not drunk) you will finish top 3 every time.

In case someone missed it sensor range module affects ECM targeting range nowadays so you can target ecm boats from 180-250 with the module.

Add a tag in there to target those ecm boats from further away and you're golden.

To the guy who said he's satisfied with a pult LRM boating you should really try what a huge difference that measly +20 (or more) kph does.

Edit: You can do the exact same thing with 5N (even better with more torso twist and all energy points in hands), but the 3C comes ready out of the box and I know I would've elited that 5N long before I got around to bying a 300xl engine on it's own.

Edited by Marchant Consadine, 25 February 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#17 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Postkhorazy, on 25 February 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

And to all us 3c pilots keep it up gotta love every mech coming at us thinking theyve got a easy kill in the bag only to have there minds change quickly because they werent expecting us to go fast as a light with more firepower than a drg.

Lots of Medium mechs have more gun than a Dragon, STD engines don't help when trying to go fast.

The Centurion-D can probably use SRMs more effectively, torso instead of split arm/torso convergence.

Edited by Stingz, 25 February 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#18 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

I've refitted my 3C to something approaching stock.
300XL
ALRM15+10
TAG
3ML
3T ammo
Full armor apart from legs.

Best so far was working with a teammate on TS and demolishing a pair of enemy 3Ls in a 2v2. He was a cataphract who held their attention and I TAG+LRMd them from about 200-220m out, plus some ML when they got closer.

Edited by One Medic Army, 25 February 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#19 Symbiodinium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 25 February 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

I've refitted my 3C to something approaching stock.
300XL
ALRM15+10
TAG
3ML
3T ammo
Full armor apart from legs.

Best so far was working with a teammate on TS and demolishing a pair of enemy 3Ls in a 2v2. He was a cataphract who held their attention and I TAG+LRMd them from about 200-220m out, plus some ML when they got closer.

I'm running an identical build in my 5N, if I remember correctly. Works well, though River City Night is still a problem for any LRM build.

Edited by Symbiodinium, 25 February 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#20 khorazy

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 19 February 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Mine's:
4x ML
2x ASRM6 w/ 2T ammo
XL 350
13DHS
Ferro
Endo
DHS
Artemis

i was wondering, what is you're armor at and you're heat efficiency?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users