The Best Of Trebuchet Builds

157 replies to this topic

#101 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostBullFrogOnNet, on 18 August 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

The reasoning is the FF armor gives you more dmg absorption. Plus with this build I have the slots free plus it let me put more armor on my arms. Which having more armor on my arms means it takes longer for people to expose my torso to dmg. All I know since I changed this spec from the ac20 build I have started doing 500-700 dmg a match and getting several kills each match.

Also I looked at what you said about dropping the 2 heatsinks and all it did was lower the sustained dps. I will keep them cause I can spam those 2 ML all I want.

For the record, if you're trying to say that 1 point of FF armor absorbs damage better than 1 point of standard armor you are incorrect. They are equivalent in every way except cost and weight. Having said that, FF is worthwhile if the mech in question has the free slots for it and can use the saved weight, but it does cost money and limit loadouts.

Odd about the heatsinks making that significant of a difference for you. My current treb runs two autocannons and 2 MLs on 10 engine DHS and I can spam the lasers all I want on any map except the hottest few. The build with FF really has nothing else you can do with those 2 tons freed up, maybe an extra ton of gauss ammo that I imagine it doesn't really need, so it makes sense to have that extra dissipation given the alternative is only situationally useful.

Edited by DodgerH2O, 18 August 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#102 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

This is a Troll build, but surprisingly effective when MGs did 0.4 damage per second. Now that an MG does 1.0 damage per second on average, with an additional 1.65 for 2.65-ish average damage per second per MG once armor is gone. That's 2 damage/second against armor but 5.3 damage/second after armor is gone. O.o;

Flamers are set to chainfire to keep heat neutral. They're to blind people so you don't get focused so badly.

The SRMs are chainfired to maximize HSR. Alpha-striking twin SRMs from the same launchers usually results in failed hit detection.
How did it perform back then? Judge for yourself and watch it in action.
Spoiler

If nothing else it's a fun challenge!

View PostDodgerH2O, on 18 August 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

For the record, if you're trying to say that 1 point of FF armor absorbs damage better than 1 point of standard armor you are incorrect. They are equivalent in every way except cost and weight. Having said that, FF is worthwhile if the mech in question has the free slots for it and can use the saved weight, but it does cost money and limit loadouts.

Odd about the heatsinks making that significant of a difference for you. My current treb runs two autocannons and 2 MLs on 10 engine DHS and I can spam the lasers all I want on any map except the hottest few. The build with FF really has nothing else you can do with those 2 tons freed up, maybe an extra ton of gauss ammo that I imagine it doesn't really need, so it makes sense to have that extra dissipation given the alternative is only situationally useful.

Agreed.
Exception though. With repair and rearm, Ferro was dirt cheap, like 1 point of armor cost 1 extra cbill to repair cheap. Endo, was something like 15 to 20 cbills on top of the regular price per point of structure destroyed. It added up fast. Without repair and rearm Ferro has lost all purpose.

#103 tatersaladftw

• PipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

My absolute FAVORITE FAVORITE mech right now is this Treb-7k. This might now be the exact build, I will have to verify it, but it is perfect for scouting on the fringes of the battles and you can be tricky with the AC/10 with stop and pops. Average around 5/600 damage with it. The streaks are there for close in and to shy away the lights, but the 10 and the mediums are our bread and butter.

TBT-7K

Edited by tatersaladftw, 05 September 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#104 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

I found the 5N hard to get comfortable with seemingly lacking any tonnage to get any knockout weapons in. It didn't work as an LRM boat with limited ammo so needed more of that. In my eyes LRMS need at least TAG and maybe artemis so dropped a MLAS in favour of TAG but then when the lights came knocking i had little to defend myself with and became Jenner fodder.

So i thought i'd drop the engine down to 200 and tried this \/\/ and doubled my success rate (or rather c-bills earned).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba14b2b0049761b

#105 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postmad kat, on 04 October 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

I found the 5N hard to get comfortable with seemingly lacking any tonnage to get any knockout weapons in. It didn't work as an LRM boat with limited ammo so needed more of that. In my eyes LRMS need at least TAG and maybe artemis so dropped a MLAS in favour of TAG but then when the lights came knocking i had little to defend myself with and became Jenner fodder.

So i thought i'd drop the engine down to 200 and tried this \/\/ and doubled my success rate (or rather c-bills earned).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba14b2b0049761b

You need to dump the FF and SHS.

#106 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

I found a good build for the troublesome Treb 7k. 2x ac2, 2x ML, 2x SSRM2, xl275 (98kph with tweak). Gives me constantly good damage.

Playstyle: Do some sniping with the zoom module and the acs. Support assaults and heavies from the second line and go for caps during endgame. Best damage so far was around 900. Like it a lot.

#107 Heavenly Angel

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I don't see anything that the 7k can do that the bj-l and shd don't do much better.

#108 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostHeavenly Angel, on 25 October 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

I don't see anything that the 7k can do that the bj-l and shd don't do much better.

This is kind of a problem with the evolution of the game, similar to issues with Awesome vs Victor or ballistic K2 Catapult vs any Jagermech. A chassis released earlier is made obsolete or at least much less useful due to later releases.

FWIW, the TBT-7K has the ability to use its arms entirely as shields while having multiple ballistics and energy slots that are not arm mounted, that's about the only advantage I can think of (other than tonnage) relative to the others you mentioned.

#109 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

An optimized version of my 5N striker.

Can also be made on the 3C.

#110 Darkhorse13Golf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew Pensacola, Les Halles

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

I'm a newer player but I have fallen in love with this Mech. All three of mine are pretty much the same. My 5N runs an LRM-15 and LRM-10 with 1 medium laser and one ER large laser. My 5J runs the LRM-15 with 3 tons of ammo 1 med laser and one ER large laser and is maxed out on armor. My 3C is the same as my 5N but it's LRM's are upgraded to Artemis. I find these builds allow me to dole out missiles and still use the ER for long range harassment. I enjoy it a lot due to the mobility as I tend to stay pretty close behind a main force and yet still have the mobility to run away if things go south,lol.

Edited by Darkhorse13Golf, 16 September 2014 - 01:20 AM.

#111 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

This is the closest c-bill mech to the Gridiron which I enjoy running.

It's a bit low on ammo but you have ridiculously high burst damage for a brawler and you still have two medium lasers to fight with if ever you live long enough to go empty. It'd be best to just figure out a way to get the battle within 300m rather than wasting ammo on longer range shots. You can just use the mediums to poke but it's better to take little to no damage before the brawl. If people ignore you in a brawl just because you are a Treb then it's gonna turn nasty really soon.

TBT-7K

AC20 + 2xSRM4 + 2xML :ph34r:

#112 finalexamweekFTW

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSome where in the vicinity of Terra

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

TBT 7M 2SSRMs 1SRM 6 2LL perfect build? http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a102a6e17ae523d

#113 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

a month ago i decided to troll people with lbx+2 srm4+2 medium laser bucket(pronounced bukee)

this happened

Posted Image

#114 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Damn this thread is old!

#115 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

i run my TBT-7K with maxed out armor, XL300 engine, 2 er large lasers for the range engagements, 2 srm4 and 2 machine guns for the brawling when the heat kicks in. fast moving, superior torso twisting makes it a nice brawler. machine guns are always nice as critters and got me several kills already just by passing by enemies

#116 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

The only two I still have are the 5J and the LDG.

The 5J I run w/ a LRM20+A, 4 ML, TAG, XL engine and the rest ammo. 2 ML a side, one gets teh TAG. The LDG I ran as either streaks or LRM5s.

They were fun!

#117 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

View PostAliisa White, on 08 October 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

i run my TBT-7K with maxed out armor, XL300 engine, 2 er large lasers for the range engagements, 2 srm4 and 2 machine guns for the brawling when the heat kicks in. fast moving, superior torso twisting makes it a nice brawler. machine guns are always nice as critters and got me several kills already just by passing by enemies

try the AC20 + 2 medium laser build with the STD250,its great

#118 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

too slow :D

#119 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades