The Chronicles Of Vega's Havoks - Sign Ups

Fiction

1014 replies to this topic

#941 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Thanks all, I appreciate it. But I can't take full credit for that one -- I had some music looping in the background, and that post just kind of bubbled out on its own. :)

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 16 July 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm just waiting for someone to do something... Loved the post BTW Spokes.

Methinks that the Wolverine is in decent shape. It's biggest issue is the freezer leaking corrosive liquid all over the place and it playing havoc with the mech's sensors, otherwise it's pretty much armor damage.

Figuring on it having 1/2 armor across the entire rear and missing some from that took that AC round down by the river, oh and also some light damage from Bones belly flopping the mech into that department store/adult shop.

Was planning on putting some hurt on that Enforcer, it's gotta be running low on ammo by this point, correct?

I have this mental image of Billy sitting in his cramped cockpit, warning lights and false alarms blaring all around him, face set, his Wolverine striding purposefully towards the Enforcer while this plays in the background. :P

#942 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Since we're doing "music to write BattleTech fan-fiction to", here's my contribution:

#943 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Loved the post Sparks!

Just a thought Janitor, but it might be good to give us some idea as to how you'd like this battle to go. Absent direction from the GM, I have a feeling the loyalist defenders are about to get rolled over by a tide of metal and rage. :)

#944 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostSpokes, on 17 July 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Loved the post Sparks!

Just a thought Janitor, but it might be good to give us some idea as to how you'd like this battle to go. Absent direction from the GM, I have a feeling the loyalist defenders are about to get rolled over by a tide of metal and rage. :)

You'd be correct there. Writing now. Will post once It's done.

Cant explain why, but in these last posts between the two of you, Sparks and Spokes, you've gotten me tearing up a bit.
Not a good look at work I assure you. I hold you wholly responsible. :ph34r:

#945 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Sorry, had a busy last few days. Including a minor car accident (no one was hurt, but managed to **** up about $3000 dollars of bodywork. >.< )

I have been working on a post, rest assured. Will try to get it posted this weekend.

EDIT: Posted. Sorry about delays.

Edited by Janitor101, 18 July 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#946 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

*cringes* Serious levels of ouch there. Glad nobody's hurt :)

I'm waiting for Billy or any of the others to step in per Vega's orders and engage before getting James up and laying some serious close range hurt into that downed Jenner.
Will post in response to whatever happens from there, but that rival 35 tonner has an SRM-6 volley with its serial number hand painted on each missile.

#947 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Was holding off for a bit to give the action on the right side time to pick up, but I'll try to have something up either tonight or tomorrow.

View PostThe Shepherd, on 21 July 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Will post in response to whatever happens from there, but that rival 35 tonner has an SRM-6 volley with its serial number hand painted on each missile.

Li's missiles are factory stamped with a more general purpose 'To Whom It May Concern' or 'A-hole'. :)

#948 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 09 March 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Besides, he seriously doubted that anyone on this rock had a bullet with his name on it. But then again, that didn't mean that nobody had one with 'To whom it may concern' or 'A-hole' on them. He was going to play it cautious, let the other mercs do their thing. There were scouts. He'd let them scout, trigger the mines and rockslides. There was even an assault mech, even if it was just a laughable Charger. He'd give the bullet magnet a wide birth as the loyalist rained Long-Tom rounds down upon the eighty tonner. Yes, that's what he'd do. Play it cool, and keep a watchful eye out on what was going on around him.
Watch the (not so) friendly fire! :)

Hey folks, this week has been a bit crazy, but I should have the time/energy to side down and pound out something this upcoming week at the latest. Hopefully sooner though, I have ideas...

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 22 July 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#949 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Bump. When are y'all gonna start postin'?

#950 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Hopefully this week sometime.

#951 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

Sorry for the delay. Things are still...bleh on my end. Computer is acting weird, Had day and night classes this whole pass week and work has been doing six days a week and long hours. I think it's because Sun-Edison is lighting a fire under the contractor I work for's ass and they're trying to meet a deadline. *shrugs* I'll try to get something up tonight.

#952 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

So... would it be bad etiquette to post again? Or should I wait for the others and NPC's?

#953 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

I will have something up tonight, but nothing earth shattering and nothing that impacts the action on the right side.

#954 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

A shared sentiment Thom. I already feel bad for posting pretty much either side of Janitor. I was going to wait for Fish and Mist to weigh in with more directed at the Enforcer and suggest with a great deal of hope that the Zhukovs could make a push now that we're tying the mechs up on that right side of their defensive line.
Looking just at the time that would have elapsed with our joint action I'd say we should hold off a tad. Fish's LRMs would have long since reloaded by now and the Charger would have had enough time to close and assist.

I think developments from Spokes and the others on the left would help balance out the action also. There's a whole lot of tanks to deal with yet.

#955 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostThe Shepherd, on 04 August 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

I think developments from Spokes and the others on the left would help balance out the action also. There's a whole lot of tanks to deal with yet.

I'm not really in a position to drive the events on the left flank, as it were. I am going to have Li move forward in something of a "bounding advance", using craters and tank barriers as cover between sprints. I'm thinking the best way this plays out is for us to keep the tanks pinned on the left, while allied forces advance and flank on the right.

I am but one voice among many, but given the balance of PC to NPC firepower on the left side I'm okay with leaving the action there mostly off camera. I had intended to intersperse some posts in with everyone else's right flank posts, with kind of a "meanwhile" flavor to them. Let me know if you'd rather I not do that.

#956 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

So from what I can tell, guardian wolf and dal10 are awol, currently guardian is next on the chopping block for people who will die/have their mech destroyed.

Sparks as soon as you and or any of the other currently alive people (but not posted) posts, we'll move forward.

#957 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Awesome stuff Sparks! Glad to see shoulder charging is becoming SOP for taking out hostiles :)
Your poor Dervish though! I don't know why, but I have an unreasonable emotional attachment to that mech. I hope it makes it through in more than two pieces!

I'll wait for Janitor to post and move things along. Safe to say James would have stayed out of the way.

#958 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Sorry everyone, I had like 60% of a post written up last night, and when I told it I wanted the full response options, not the quick reply, it freaked out cause it'd decided to log me out, thus I lost the whole post.

Decided it was a battle I wouldn't win, so I'll get it done today.

#959 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Uh... the Enforcer and Panther are both down? *blinks*

#960 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 21 August 2014 - 10:06 PM, said:

Uh... the Enforcer and Panther are both down? *blinks*

What's what happens when I give permission/license to kill. Things die. :P

I'm back from my visit back home to California, sorry about the delay, the post I had written up (as mentioned above) was nearly done when it got deleted, so I kinda raged out for a little bit.
Now I'm back to finish the job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users